The Student Room Group

When men are strong willed they are men, when woman is strong willed shes a bitch.

Would you say this is true, if so then how come?

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2007/jan/26/gender.society
Reply 1
Because white english men are sick and tired of others being like them.
Nope, I call men b*****s too if they act like b*****s. I also see plenty of men gossiping and I'm not going to sugarcoat it by claiming it's 'networking'. 'Networking' implies that they're deliberately talking to people with connections in order to boost their careers. Women can do that too. Gossiping with their mates is another thing entirely

And no, 'b****' is never a compliment. However, I don't call people b*****s just for speaking their minds. You're a 'b****' if you go around acting like you're the queen, and constantly treat others like dirt. I'm not going to call you a 'b****' just for being confident.
as a businessman i have to say the this is a common occurrence that i totally disagree with
a powerful man or a powerful women you see it mostly in the last generation where sexism was really the last accepted 'ism but it is certainly disappearing these days
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Would you say this is true, if so then how come?

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2007/jan/26/gender.society

of course, women want strong willed men, but men dont want strong willed women.

in fact tbh, most women dont even want to be strong willed themselves. They would prefer their man have the strong will, while they get to ride on the coat tails of his strong will.

This is just how society has naturally evolved.
Original post by Nidhoggr

in fact tbh, most women dont even want to be strong willed themselves. They would prefer their man have the strong will, while they get to ride on the coat tails of his strong will.

(commence feminist onslaught)
When a woman cries she's endearing, when a man cries he's a little bitch.
Most men don't judge women on being strong willed either way tbh

for me its like:

is she attractive enough

is she clever

does she bore me

does she laugh at my jokes

how much attention does she give me and my ideas, how brilliant does she think i am
Reply 8
Original post by Nidhoggr

Society has naturally evolved so that more women are now in positions of power. At first it was said that women didnt have the brains but now it seems some just dont like it.
Reply 9
Original post by banterboy
Most men don't judge women on being strong willed either way tbh

for me its like:

is she attractive enough

is she clever

does she bore me

does she laugh at my jokes

how much attention does she give me and my ideas, how brilliant does she think i am

So it doesnt matter either way then. Its annoying in a way as theres a guy who is very athletic/tough/sporty and people say he's a real man. Im very similar and female but I dont get called a real woman lol. Real women must be weak.

Yea what you said is pretty much what I like in a guy, but Id like him to have goals/some intelligence rather than be a slob.
Original post by Anonymous
So it doesnt matter either way then. Its annoying in a way as theres a guy who is very athletic/tough/sporty and people say he's a real man. Im very similar and female but I dont get called a real woman lol. Real women must be weak.

Yea what you said is pretty much what I like in a guy, but Id like him to have goals/some intelligence rather than be a slob.

Well, being sporty doesn't really impact your status as a girl. That's both good for you girls and bad. men aren't gonna hate you because don't play sprts or don't act really competative and assertive and stuff, but women detest weakling males.

Also why are you writing this in anon? anon is for pussies. If you want to be like a strong man this is not the way to go about it.
When women are shy they're cute and sweet.
When men are shy they're pathetic and 'beta'.

We all have to deal with nonsensical stereotypes.
If people are saying she's a bitch, she's probably a bitch

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending