The Student Room Group

Applications and UCAS

I have an unconditional offer from Univ A . But I want to study at Univ B where i have a conditional offer

My results have been declared. I don't meet one of conditions at Univ B, and have sought waiver of that condition. I have been lead to believe that the waiver decision will not be taken until August, but in the meantime I have to opt for firm/insurance by 7th June.
If I opt for Univ B as firm and Univ A as insurance, is there a possibility that in case in August Univ B declines to waive the condition, Univ A ( insurance) could not honor the insurance citing absence of a place if in the meantime all the seats at Univ A (insurance) are filled up ? What does an insurance choice ensure - a confirmed place or is it subject to availability ?

Rather confusing - but need advice asap
Original post by solu
I have an unconditional offer from Univ A . But I want to study at Univ B where i have a conditional offer

My results have been declared. I don't meet one of conditions at Univ B, and have sought waiver of that condition. I have been lead to believe that the waiver decision will not be taken until August, but in the meantime I have to opt for firm/insurance by 7th June.
If I opt for Univ B as firm and Univ A as insurance, is there a possibility that in case in August Univ B declines to waive the condition, Univ A ( insurance) could not honor the insurance citing absence of a place if in the meantime all the seats at Univ A (insurance) are filled up ? What does an insurance choice ensure - a confirmed place or is it subject to availability ?

Rather confusing - but need advice asap

As long as the unconditional offer from Uni A is not dependent on you making them you firm choice, then they are bound to accept you if Uni B does not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
THANKS Does that mean the insurance univ keep the sear/offer reserved till the very end of the admission cycle ?
Original post by solu
THANKS Does that mean the insurance univ keep the sear/offer reserved till the very end of the admission cycle ?

I don't know the exact details, but if you choose a uni as your insurance and fail to get into your firm but meet the conditions (if any) for your insirance, then your insurance must and will accept you. There are probably details about a final date by which you must formally accept the offer, but I don't know what they are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending