The Student Room Group

Trump or Clinton?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jebedee
SJW logic: True Hilary has more or less murdered people and stolen millions but Trump has said stuff which can be loosely interpreted as racism so Hilary all the way.

What murders.

Also money wise trump is as crooked as Hillary what with his involvement with the mob, use of eminent domain and using his money to buy policy that benefits him.

Beyond that trump wants to forcefully deport 11 million people. Wants an energy policy that ignores global warming. Wants to have Muslims neighbourhoods patrolled by the police and wants to bring back water boarding (plus more whatever that means and it doesn't matter if it doesn't work because they deserve it).
Original post by garfeeled
What murders.

Also money wise trump is as crooked as Hillary what with his involvement with the mob, use of eminent domain and using his money to buy policy that benefits him.

Beyond that trump wants to forcefully deport 11 million people. Wants an energy policy that ignores global warming. Wants to have Muslims neighbourhoods patrolled by the police and wants to bring back water boarding (plus more whatever that means and it doesn't matter if it doesn't work because they deserve it).

The Benghazi massacre is Hilton's doing.

If you're talking about illegal immigrants then what is the problem? Is it fair to legal immigrants that people who shunned the system get the same benefits? Global warming is looking more and more like a myth to get more funding for scientists anyway. Citation needed for the muslim neighbourood patrol.

What is wrong with waterboarding terrorists? They have foregone their human rights when they decided to become terrorists.
Probably Trump.
Unfortunately, Trump. Was backing Cruz but now he is gone.
Trump because it would be funny to see him make a mess out of America
Reply 45
i ****ing hate trump but i actually hate hilary more shes a liar and is actually a piece of ****. i would vote for trump he doesnt change what he says for anyone and he speaks his opinion unlike hilary
What murders.

Spot on!
Original post by Jebedee
The Benghazi massacre is Hilton's doing.

If you're talking about illegal immigrants then what is the problem? Is it fair to legal immigrants that people who shunned the system get the same benefits? Global warming is looking more and more like a myth to get more funding for scientists anyway. Citation needed for the muslim neighbourood patrol.

What is wrong with waterboarding terrorists? They have foregone their human rights when they decided to become terrorists.

So you mean failure of duty and not murder. May I ask what makes you think trump will be any better than Hillary. After all he has often made statements on a whim to suddenly back down from them very quickly (eg the sanders debate and more alarmingly punishing women for abortions). That's not the unpredictability he spouts about that's unthinking acting on impulse is not good for foreign policy.

Besides the senate intelligent commit report whilst saying Clinton held some blame only mentioned her once. Basically she messed up but wasn't solely responsible.

What about all of trumps mistake (trump airlines, trunk vodka, the four bankruptcies etc). I really don't see how Hilary can be said to be worse than trump
Both are awful. Trump is only infinitesimally less awful than Clinton so I'd go with him. Considering I am a Muslim as well it just goes to show how awful Hillary is.
Original post by Jebedee

Sorry about the double quote forgot to adress the other part of your reply so will do now.

One addressing illegal immigration fair enough nothing against that (I don't hold the wall against trump in fact I particularly support the idea) but deportation on such a scale is not going to work, he claims it will be humane but at no point in history has such a mass deportation not resulted in human rights abuses (from death, to near fatal conditions and so on) and you don't mention a number of those he wants to deport are those born in the USA, children, teenagers, who have no say in what there parents do and adults who didn't cross the border illegally. Trump has actively called for revoking birthright citizenship and then deporting those no longer citizens. And again how many successful efforts to revoke citizenship on mass and then deport said citizens has actually worked without great cost.

Really im sorry but really, the evidence has only grown more certain than before.

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

https://www.skepticalscience.com/evidence-for-global-warming-intermediate.htm

http://www.ucsusa.org/our-work/global-warming/science-and-impacts/global-warming-science#.V0wsGpB4WrU

Your suggesting a vast conspiracy that requires the majority of scientific experts to be in on in order to deceive governments to fund scientific research (majority into the same pointless, apparently, field). Simple sense alone says the more people involved in the conspiracy the less likely it is true. And on top of that scientific research is done transparently (they literally release a report afterwards to be peer reviewed) why then are none of the new scientists challenging the old ones with any actual new evidence or hypothesis that better explain the current evidence.

Finally water boarding terrorists. Doesn't work. Also it's not terrorists that are being water boarded it is suspected terrorists as well, people simply suspected of involvement. And also committing a crime doesn't revoke human rights other wise they are not human rights they are well behaved citizen rights. And finally trump said he would bring back more (and not just to gather infomation simply in order to punish) and said he would target terrorists families.

Also citation provided
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/muslimneighborhood-hashtag-surfaces-after-cruz-trump-show-support-neighborhood-patrols-n544106
So you mean failure of duty and not murder. May I ask what makes you think trump will be any better than Hillary. After all he has often made statements on a whim to suddenly back down from them very quickly (eg the sanders debate and more alarmingly punishing women for abortions). That's not the unpredictability he spouts about that's unthinking acting on impulse is not good for foreign policy.

Besides the senate intelligent commit report whilst saying Clinton held some blame only mentioned her once. Basically she messed up but wasn't solely responsible.

What about all of trumps mistake (trump airlines, trunk vodka, the four bankruptcies etc). I really don't see how Hilary can be said to be worse than trump

I don't see why you think a person who has done an awful job is a worse candidate than someone who "might do an awful job". Better the devil you know perhaps?

It wasn't just failure to action, it was lies and prevention of action between her and Obummer. I don't deny Trump has used the media spotlight to get where he is. Isn't that what a smart person does? Uses the tools at his disposal whether they are against him or not.

I've said it before, I'd rather someone who is a good person inside but doesn't hold their tongue rather than a slimeball liar who knows how to sing the tune of political correctness.
Is this even a question? Crooked Shillary Rodent Clinton, or Doofus Trump?

Sorry about the double quote forgot to adress the other part of your reply so will do now.

One addressing illegal immigration fair enough nothing against that (I don't hold the wall against trump in fact I particularly support the idea) but deportation on such a scale is not going to work, he claims it will be humane but at no point in history has such a mass deportation not resulted in human rights abuses (from death, to near fatal conditions and so on) and you don't mention a number of those he wants to deport are those born in the USA, children, teenagers, who have no say in what there parents do and adults who didn't cross the border illegally. Trump has actively called for revoking birthright citizenship and then deporting those no longer citizens. And again how many successful efforts to revoke citizenship on mass and then deport said citizens has actually worked without great cost.

Really im sorry but really, the evidence has only grown more certain than before.

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

https://www.skepticalscience.com/evidence-for-global-warming-intermediate.htm

http://www.ucsusa.org/our-work/global-warming/science-and-impacts/global-warming-science#.V0wsGpB4WrU

Your suggesting a vast conspiracy that requires the majority of scientific experts to be in on in order to deceive governments to fund scientific research (majority into the same pointless, apparently, field). Simple sense alone says the more people involved in the conspiracy the less likely it is true. And on top of that scientific research is done transparently (they literally release a report afterwards to be peer reviewed) why then are none of the new scientists challenging the old ones with any actual new evidence or hypothesis that better explain the current evidence.

Finally water boarding terrorists. Doesn't work. Also it's not terrorists that are being water boarded it is suspected terrorists as well, people simply suspected of involvement. And also committing a crime doesn't revoke human rights other wise they are not human rights they are well behaved citizen rights. And finally trump said he would bring back more (and not just to gather infomation simply in order to punish) and said he would target terrorists families.

Also citation provided
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/muslimneighborhood-hashtag-surfaces-after-cruz-trump-show-support-neighborhood-patrols-n544106

I am now extremely wary of any media outlet which doesn't directly quote Trump's exact words. They are so desperate to twist the details I would rather listen to it come from his own mouth so I'll get back to you on those points.
Original post by Jebedee
I don't see why you think a person who has done an awful job is a worse candidate than someone who "might do an awful job". Better the devil you know perhaps?

It wasn't just failure to action, it was lies and prevention of action between her and Obummer. I don't deny Trump has used the media spotlight to get where he is. Isn't that what a smart person does? Uses the tools at his disposal whether they are against him or not.

I've said it before, I'd rather someone who is a good person inside but doesn't hold their tongue rather than a slimeball liar who knows how to sing the tune of political correctness.

Just to clarify I am not a Hillary fan, any support I give for her positions is with me holding my nose. Again the Benghazi senate intelligence committee found Hilary had some blame but found no cover up occurred and that blame was held by others beyond just Clinton. And again trump has suffered failures (I've listen some) and then there are the policies he is currently supporting that aren't going to help or make things worse (ban on Muslims moving to USA, patrol Muslim communities, encouraging other nations to gain nuclear weapons, targeting terrorist families). So my opinion is Hillary in the past and current policies flawed and far from perfect trump current policies far more flawed.

And are you suggesting the back tracking statements are intentional (sanders debate I could see but the comment on punishing women just seems ridiculous given that Hilary leads trump with women by a historic margin).

And fundermentally I would disagree I would rather a known liar ran the country (with multiple groups both government and none to keep them in check) than a good person (though some of his statements prevent me from believing that) who has bumbling and incoherent policies and opinons on issues.

Original post by Jebedee
I am now extremely wary of any media outlet which doesn't directly quote Trump's exact words. They are so desperate to twist the details I would rather listen to it come from his own mouth so I'll get back to you on those points.

Fair enough
Sanders, 100%.

But Clinton over Trump any day.
Someone who'll do nothing or someone who'll take America back 100 years.

Clinton tbh.
anyone else other than those two.Probably Bernie. But if i had to choose it would be hilary
They are both terrible leaders and i'll have to just grab my popcorn and watch America become nothing. Obama ftw :smile:
The truth is Trump is going to win. It's telling that the first thing you see when you go on Hillary Clinton's website is "We can't risk a Trump Presidency." Rather than promoting herself her goal is to dissuade others from the Trump Train.

Have a look for yourself if you don't believe me.
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/
None of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending