The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angelbeauty
Hi what topics do we revise for the edexcel higher tier calculator paper on Thursday 9th?
Please help.

http://onmaths.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2016-predicted-paper-2-Edexcel-UPDATED.pdf
Original post by Angelbeauty
Hi what topics do we revise for the edexcel higher tier calculator paper on Thursday 9th?
Please help.

My teacher gave us a potential list:
simultaneous equations - linear and quadratic
trial and improvement
stem and leaf
solving equations
trigonometry
sine + cosine rules
scatter graphs
factors, multiples, primes
length, area and volume formulas
number sequences
solving quadratics
frequency polygons
histograms
area + circumference of circles, sectors
volume, surface area of 3D shapes
box plots
bearings
upper and lower bounds
angles - parallel lines, polygons
stratified samples
percentage increase, decrease or % backwards
HCF and LCM
mean from a frequency table
ratio
recurring decimals to fractions
compound interest
rearranging formula
pie charts
pythag theorem
moving averages
cumulative frequency
sine and cosine graphs
algebraic fractions
x^2 + y^2= 25 circle equation
completing the square
number proof
transformation of curves
For Question 12 (finding out the area of shaded region), did they ask you to write your answer in the simplest form?
Do you get full marks on a question if you have done little working but get the right answer
What do you think the grade boundaries would be to get a B ?
Original post by iMacJack
Hahaha. No, no it wouldn't.

Doesn't it?
Around 50 on each paper
Original post by Abigail thomson
What do you think the grade boundaries would be to get a B ?
Original post by tianshan
For Question 12 (finding out the area of shaded region), did they ask you to write your answer in the simplest form?

No they just asked for the answer in terms of pi
On the question 3 I wrote no time frame and Overlapping. Will I get mark for saying overlapping or it will be vargue. And on part b I draw the boxes by 0-1,2-3,4-5,6+ will I get 1 mark for that. Also on part C I write down Location, where as in shop it be more people. Will I get marks for this. Please do help me with I really want to know if I can get 3 marks from that question thanks. Also on question number 7 I only manage to work out that she need 10 litres of varnish and did 3x2.5=7.5 and said she doesn't have. How many marks will I get total.
Original post by Yaseen10
On the question 3 I wrote no time frame and Overlapping. Will I get mark for saying overlapping or it will be vargue. And on part b I draw the boxes by 0-1,2-3,4-5,6+ will I get 1 mark for that. Also on part C I write down Location, where as in shop it be more people. Will I get marks for this. Please do help me with I really want to know if I can get 3 marks from that question thanks. Also on question number 7 I only manage to work out that she need 10 litres of varnish and did 3x2.5=7.5 and said she doesn't have. How many marks will I get total.

For the overlapping and time frame part you would get full marks as the answer do nkt need to be in context. For part b they will knock down a mark because you said 6+ which means 7 OR ABOVE. Therefore there is no choice for 6. Part c they should give you the mark.
For thr varnish questiom you need to show how you reached you reached rhe answer of 7.5. marks in rhat question will also be awarded for your ability to find the area of a combined shape. In that you may risk to lose one or two max marks in tot
Original post by Oasis61
Doesn't it?

nope. 100-25pi is the same as 25(4-pi). Both are equally correct, the second one is just factorised but i dont know if that makes it simpler or not (they said leave your answer in its simplest form)
Original post by MehdiK24
For the overlapping and time frame part you would get full marks as the answer do nkt need to be in context. For part b they will knock down a mark because you said 6+ which means 7 OR ABOVE. Therefore there is no choice for 6. Part c they should give you the mark.
For thr varnish questiom you need to show how you reached you reached rhe answer of 7.5. marks in rhat question will also be awarded for your ability to find the area of a combined shape. In that you may risk to lose one or two max marks in tot

I have only 3x2.5 which is 7.5 and gave them answer as she doesnt have enough.
Also you know the probablilty, i got 0.05 wrong as i wrote 0.5 will i still get 3 marks or is it possible i get 2 marks right from there.
Also on standard form question i have done right working out. But i wrote the answers as 0.7x10^8 will still get full or it will be awarded as 1 mark.
I have only 3x2.5 which is 7.5 and gave them answer as she doesnt have enough.
Also you know the probablilty, i got 0.05 wrong as i wrote 0.5 will i still get 3 marks or is it possible i get 2 marks right from there.
Also on standard form question i have done right working out. But i wrote the answers as 0.7x10^8 will still get full or it will be awarded as 1 mark.

The probability question part b had an answer of 0.04 so i am now assuming that your 5 was a typo for the sake of this conversation. If you wrote 0.4 you get penalised only by getting one mark off. If you had the correct answer of 0.04 you would be getting full marks. Or on the other hand if you are referring to part a, then writing 0.5 instead of 0.05 would lose you marks in part a too, as well as to part b if you preceded accordingly, and i assume you did 0.8 * 0.5 which gives the wring asnwer still. But you would be getting marks for the rest of the diagram and recognising the 0.8 in your part b calculation, as long as your 0.8 was also written there.

The standard form question you would get penalised by getting one mark off.

For the varnish one you would be getting some marks off because as far as i can tell from what you said is that you have only worked out 7.5l as what she has and compared it with 10l needed. The examiner would not know where you got the 10 from as that answer had a few marks behind that would have been obtained by the working out.
If i wrote 3b-a for question 23 wud i still get the mark?
guys its done, go n revise for paper 2, wait until 24th august for the grade boundaries and til next year for the official mark scheme ffs
Original post by Ef thnethnt
If i wrote 3b-a for question 23 wud i still get the mark?

For part b then absolutely yes. It does nkt make a differnece abt the order at which your vectors are written
Original post by coreHelp
guys its done, go n revise for paper 2, wait until 24th august for the grade boundaries and til next year for the official mark scheme ffs

What do you think how many marks do we need total to get C, i think last year was 65 this year it will 70 marks for C
Reply 2297
I think a C will be 62 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rebecca-Joseph
No they just asked for the answer in terms of pi

Phew! Thought I lost a mark there!
What do you think how many marks do we need total to get C, i think last year was 65 this year it will 70 marks for C

idk maybe around 85-90

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending