The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Biology B1,2,3 25/05/2016 unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThomasRules
Yes, that is why the thread is called 'OCR Gateway Biology B1,2,3 25/05/2016 unofficial markscheme'

Do you think this paper would come up as my mock?
Original post by *Alisha*
Soz I got confused with the other thread saying OCR alone. I'm in year 10 but how did you find your exam?

I found it OK, a lot better than the 2015 paper, but there were a few curveballs (such as the mirrored heart)
Do you think this paper would come up as my mock?

I'm not sure. If you're doing the old course, then yes, probably. If you're on the new course, then maybe, depends if they get a new paper for it or not.
I'm not sure. If you're doing the old course, then yes, probably. If you're on the new course, then maybe, depends if they get a new paper for it or not.

I am...the current year 9's are doing the new course for all science.
Anyone know where I could find the 2015 paper?
If I get A/A* in this paper, and I have A* in my course work, and I get A/A* in B4B5B6, will I get an A* overall?
Original post by OllieBiggs
If I get A/A* in this paper, and I have A* in my course work, and I get A/A* in B4B5B6, will I get an A* overall?

If you have an A* in your coursework, and get, say, an A* in the B1 B2 B3 test, I think you'd be able to get an A* overall with an A on the second paper. :smile:
Anyone know where I could find the 2015 paper?

I don't think they're out yet - they should be coming out over the summer (17th and 24th of August). Either wait that or ask your teacher, as they have access to them now (unless you want to cheat, in which case, it's probably not a good idea to tell your teacher :wink:)

http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/download-past-papers/availability/
I don't think they're out yet - they should be coming out over the summer (17th and 24th of August). Either wait that or ask your teacher, as they have access to them now (unless you want to cheat, in which case, it's probably not a good idea to tell your teacher :wink:)

http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/download-past-papers/availability/

Ok, thanks and I hate cheating as I feel guilty at the end and I just wanted to do one of the latest papers. Goodluck in the rest of your exams!
(edited 7 years ago)
Ok, thanks and I hate cheating as I feel guilty at the end and I just wanted to do one of the latest papers.

Ask your teacher then, assuming they don't want to use it for an upcoming test, they'll probably be happy to give it to you (although I would recommend that you do it at a later date once you've finished the course)
Ask your teacher then, assuming they don't want to use it for an upcoming test, they'll probably be happy to give it to you (although I would recommend that you do it at a later date once you've finished the course)

I will save for the exam then:smile:
Original post by Naomi265
Yess, thank you. However I think it's to do with it being more ethical and raising fewer moral questions?

It's neither; plants retain the ability to differentiate in its cells while animals do not
For the thumb question did anybody put none? Cause have Tt makes the child a carrier right and TT makes it have it?
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
For the thumb question did anybody put none? Cause have Tt makes the child a carrier right and TT makes it have it?

Farther has the condition and is heterozygous so it must be Tt, the mother doesn't so hers is tt, therefore its 50%. I think most people are used to the condition being recessive, since a lot of people made that mistake :s-smilie:
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool

It said that club thumbs are dominant, not recessive, so Tt and TT would both show club thumbs, however, cystic fibrosis (the previous q) is recessive, so both alleles are needed (ff) in order for symptoms to show. Therefore it is 50%
i left the exam like flip i've just failed bio, but this isnt too bad, how the hell did i get 0% for club thumbs idk im happy, now i need to ace 4-6 which is impossible, WHO'S READYYYYY
Original post by Naomi265
x

Hey, what was the question to 10(c) (d) and (e)?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chittesh14
Hey, what was the question to 10(c) (d) and (e)?

Not sure about c, but d was advantages and disadvantages for using x-rays to detect the heart thing, and e didn't exist
Not sure about c, but d was advantages and disadvantages for using x-rays to detect the heart thing, and e didn't exist

Sorry haha and thanks :smile:
What are the grade boundaries for bothe papers added togther

Quick Reply

Latest