The Student Room Group

Which is the most competitive/ Best option for me

Hello,

I'm considering my university choices for next year (as my school is pressing me) and want to know how I will fair with my options:
Cambridge HSPS - A*AA
KCL - PPL - A*AA
LSE - P&P - AAA
Loughborough - P&IR - ABB
Glasgow - Politics - BBB

For my A levels, I am doing geography, philosophy, history and English, with A*A*AA predicted grades.
Although, for my GCSES I only obtained 5As and 3Bs (but I had mitigating health circumstances and can present evidence).
Reply 1
Original post by Fisj_whispy
Hello,

I'm considering my university choices for next year (as my school is pressing me) and want to know how I will fair with my options:
Cambridge HSPS - A*AA
KCL - PPL - A*AA
LSE - P&P - AAA
Loughborough - P&IR - ABB
Glasgow - Politics - BBB

For my A levels, I am doing geography, philosophy, history and English, with A*A*AA predicted grades.
Although, for my GCSES I only obtained 5As and 3Bs (but I had mitigating health circumstances and can present evidence).

With your predicted grades, you're clearly in with a chance at all of those. As your five choices they're a good spread. Cambridge is aspirational but realistic, LSE and KCL are excellent as insurance choices. Loughborough and Glasgow are decent backups if all else fails and you miss your grades.

We can't tell you which is the best fit for you - you need to look at things like the course modules, assessment methods, town/city, the nightlife etc. Check out the things which are important to you and base your ultimate decision on that if you get multiple offers.

Quick Reply

Latest