The Student Room Group

How to go to parties without Muslim parents finding out?

Scroll to see replies

You don't. Simple as.
Reply 21
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Could you not say you were going to a sleepover or something?

And don't forget,

Self respect and a hymen are better than friends and popularity :colone:

Not allowed to go to sleepovers :/
Reply 22
Original post by dnr_23
allah is always watching

ur gonna be sent to hell for disobeying ur parents cuz its a huge sin in the quran lol

I'm not a Muslim, my parents are
Reply 23
Original post by Trapz99
How about you free yourself from this oppressive culture and do what you want?

I'm not a Muslim but if I just did whatever I wanted, my parents would be even more strict.
Original post by amira999
Not allowed to go to sleepovers :/

Oh dear. Maybe really convince them and pick a day they're in a good mood?
Reply 25
Original post by Withengar
Sorry to break it to you but - if your parents/family are pious Muslims, they are conservative, prejudiced and sexist in such a way that will not allow you to go to parties, have boyfriends or do anything else that's healthy if the big invisible man in the sky doesn't approve of, especially through his totally non-fictional prophet and his deplorable writings.

Conclusion? Stick through it while you have to, then move out and start living a healthy, free life without sexist limitations of Islam. Please try to enjoy life as much as you can in the meantime. I wish you good luck.

Thanks, I'm definitely going to move out in the future, don't know if I can take another 2 years at home though :frown:
Reply 26
Oh dear. Maybe really convince them and pick a day they're in a good mood?

I've tried before, as soon as I ask, they just get mad. Doesn't help that my brother always agrees with my mum too :/
Thanks, I'm definitely going to move out in the future, don't know if I can take another 2 years at home though :frown:

I'll say this from experience, focus on your grades and work your ass off. If you do decide to leave, then your parents wouldn't be able to have much dirt on you apart from that one incident and having great grades will kind of make up for it.

And time will fly by.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 28
I'll say this from experience, focus on your grades and work your ass off. If you do decide to leave, then your parents wouldn't be able to have much dirt on you apart from that one incident and having great grades will kind of make up for it.

I always do really well at school and I'm definitely gonna try really hard to get great A levels. And I know 2 years isn't really that long but it still feels really long to me.
I always do really well at school and I'm definitely gonna try really hard to get great A levels. And I know 2 years isn't really that long but it still feels really long to me.

I know it does feel ages but it won't be. Try and get the grades and you can move out and party as much as you want :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
You don't. Simple as.

Thanks grandma OP really needed to hear that.
If she went to parties and didn't do anything apart from dancing and hanging out with her friends I don't see why she would go to hell..

She will end up losing her virginity start doing drugs and alcohol, then out of regret make another post titled

"[Muslims Only] I MESSED UP!!"

Prevention is better than cure.
Reply 32
i dont know about your situation but if i were in your position id just go and ignore the consequences
Original post by dnr_23
allah is always watching

ur gonna be sent to hell for disobeying ur parents cuz its a huge sin in the quran lol

You're probably saying it as a joke. I hope. But for gods sake stop jumping to extremes when people do something wrong. There are so many comments like this on tsr threads and how do you think non-muslims will take it? They'll just see oh one muslim did something wrong and another muslims jumps at this claiming their gonna go to hell, they have sinned, etc etc. I'm not sure if I've explained it well but just chill. Plus you as another muslim(if you are) have no right to judge but only advise.

Sincerely,
Fellow muslim tired of people giving non musims excuses to make digs at us.
Reply 34
Original post by Kraixo
She will end up losing her virginity start doing drugs and alcohol

youre a dickhead
I'm not a Muslim, my parents are

Lol, tell your parents that you aren't Muslim then and move out. They won't let you do unIslamic things.
Original post by Kraixo
She will end up losing her virginity start doing drugs and alcohol, then out of regret make another post titled

"[Muslims Only] I MESSED UP!!"

Prevention is better than cure.

You're assuming she's going to lose her virginity and do drugs. I have friends who are saving themselves for marriage and they go to parties anyway. You can get away with dancing at parties so who are you to say she's going to sin badly?
Original post by davgen7
youre a dickhead

U wot m8?
Reply 38
Original post by Kraixo
U wot m8?

ok
You're assuming she's going to lose her virginity and do drugs. I have friends who are saving themselves for marriage and they go to parties anyway. You can get away with dancing at parties who are you to say she's going to sin badly?

There are strong opinions in Islam that dancing with immoral music is a big sin, a logical wisdom being that it can easily lead to many great sins such as crossing the boundaries when it comes to free mixing.

On top of that she is disobeying and angering her parents in a matter which is against Islam which is already a grave sin.

Who are you to say that she isn't going to sin badly? When she already has??

Anyways she said that she isn't muslim so all of this is irrelevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending