The Student Room Group

Is it worth telling her?

Hi TSR,

So there's this girl I've been crushing on for a few months now, we've had quite a few classes together over the past 2 years at sixth form but we're not overly close friends, thought she always seemed friendly and initiated most of our conversations. Now that high school is over it's probably inevitable that it will be very hard to see her again. We're both going to university, around 2 hours apart of one another. She does not use Facebook and the only contact I have with her online is via Email. The next (and last) time I'm going to see her would probably be results day in a few months time. I'm pondering if I should tell her in person then, or sooner just to get it off my chest - if at all. Any advice would be grateful.

Scroll to see replies

The answer is yes, what've you got to lose?
Reply 2
Just tell her if she says no you can get closure and move on instead of having regrets and what ifs. You don't want to wait until August if she like you back at least you can spend few months together before uni.
Reply 3
Maybe you could ask her (as friends) to go out somewhere with your(and her) friends and just see what you have in common! maybe you could talk about how feel about going to uni ,common interests etc. Ask for her number too and see where it goes on from there. You've probably heard this alot but: you only live once and if you like her,you might as well give it a try-remember no- ones out your league! And if it doesn't go the way you plan at least you tried
Reply 4
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
The answer is yes, what've you got to lose?

F*** NO, OP!

Mate, I was in this exact same situation. Let me tell you what is statistically most likely to happen:

- You see her on results day. You confess your undying love for her
- She goes "lol thanks, but I think we should be friends"
- You go into a suicidal spiral because you have obsessed over her for months of your life now, and she has just casually rejected you
- You spend your summer hating yourself and your life, and it f***s up your start to uni and you are depressed as s**t when you should be happy and making new friends

OP, seriously even if by some f***ng stroke of incredible luck she says she wants to be in a relationship with you, it will most likley wither and die because of the long distance and because you are both starting uni, and it should be a time when you are meeting new people & forming relationships but you are being tied down by dead weight from high school (i.e. each other).

best thing you can do OP is forget about her, and just find yourself a gf at uni....which shouldnt be hard. everyone gets sex/ a gf at uni - unless you're like a creep or socially inept or smth
(edited 7 years ago)
I'd tell her on results day for lack of anything to lose, but if you feel you'd go into some sort of deep dark depression if she casually rejects you then you might be better off not bothering.
Who knows.. you might not see her on results day. I would say, instead of telling her, ask her out to see a film or something and take it from there. (Or something better that you know that she would be interested in doing).
Reply 7
Lol, the opinions of males and females here are quite polarized.
Reply 8
Original post by Nidhoggr
F*** NO, OP!

Mate, I was in this exact same situation.

What happened in the end?
F*** NO, OP!

Mate, I was in this exact same situation. Let me tell you what is statistically most likely to happen:

- You go into a suicidal spiral because you have obsessed over her for months of your life now, and she has just casually rejected you
- You spend your summer hating yourself and your life, and it f***s up your start to uni and you are depressed as s**t when you should be happy and making new friends

OP, seriously even if by some f***ng stroke of incredible luck she says she wants to be in a relationship with you, it will most likley wither and die because of the long distance and because you are both starting uni, and it should be a time when you are meeting new people & forming relationships but you are being tied down by dead weight from high school (i.e. each other).

best thing you can do OP is forget about her, and just find yourself a gf at uni....which shouldnt be hard. everyone gets sex/ a gf at uni - unless you're like a creep or socially inept or smth

Umm, not everyone is quite that sensitive. For a lot of people, they can get rejected and then just casually say 'life goes on'.

So OP; if you think you can't handle a rejection, don't bother. If you're fairly laid back, then there's no harm in trying.
So that's 5/7 yeses - guess I'll just go ahead with the email.
Yes from me as well, just try and be natural and not creepy or ultimatum about it.
Original post by Anonymous
So that's 5/7 yeses - guess I'll just go ahead with the email.

lols strong decision making method.

Good luck.
Well, if you're going to email her you need to come back on here and tell us what she says. Good Luck!
Original post by Hopefully1
Well, if you're going to email her you need to come back on here and tell us what she says. Good Luck!

Of course, gonna send it off tomorrow & will keep you guys posted.
Hi TSR,

So there's this girl I've been crushing on for a few months now, we've had quite a few classes together over the past 2 years at sixth form but we're not overly close friends, thought she always seemed friendly and initiated most of our conversations. Now that high school is over it's probably inevitable that it will be very hard to see her again. We're both going to university, around 2 hours apart of one another. She does not use Facebook and the only contact I have with her online is via Email. The next (and last) time I'm going to see her would probably be results day in a few months time. I'm pondering if I should tell her in person then, or sooner just to get it off my chest - if at all. Any advice would be grateful.

I had/have a similar sort of issue that I only recently cleared up. Tell the person, it is for the best and will just make you feel a lot happier and relieved. My situation didn't turn out to be a simple yes/no and there was a lot more to it and we are still the same people we were before I expressed my feelings.

The only thing that has changed is probably my happiness - I am a lot more relieved. It might be awkward and a little tentative at first, it certainly feels that way with me, but if you're good friends and you really like her, it's worth a shot :smile:
Hi TSR,

I would definitely say it's worth telling her. It's better to ask and her say no, than to have the 'what if' be there instead, and you never know how she would have responded. And if she ends up saying yes, then it's more than worth the risk.

From a personal perspective, I told the person I liked how I felt, and a year down the line of us being together, it's still the best decision I've made!
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi TSR,

Did you tell her?
F*** NO, OP!

Oh my God. This is so true. OP this has happened a countless number of times. It's not going to turn out good and if it does then you are one lucky guy.

~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Oh my God. This is so true. OP this has happened a countless number of times. It's not going to turn out good and if it does then you are one lucky guy.

~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending