The Student Room Group

Aqa triple science *official thread* *2016* (gcse)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by homeland.lsw
Was waiting for someone to notice :redface:

:congrats: You can always count on me to notice puns. :yep:

Especially ones as boron fascinating as yours. :h:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
:congrats: You can always count on me to notice puns. :yep:

Especially ones as boron fascinating as yours. :h:

Thanks!
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Cracking, geddit? Because hydrocarbons. :mmm:

I was gonna say that too! Vapours and catalyst waheyy
Any last minute predictions for C1? Not just the 6 marker but any topics x
Reply 264
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for c1 yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 266
Original post by Mlb37
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for c1 yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries I've found it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey need help guys, basically I'm predicted 10 A*s and would LOVE to get it but i honestly flopped B1 and I made silly mistakes in C1. Still think I got an A in them, but I really want a high mark in physics on Wednesday?
Any tips for the rest of the sciences, cos I don't want the others to go like B1 did :/ and i've done loads of paper, but sometimes I don't understand data handling and don't always know what they're asking for?
Original post by sunny181113
Hey need help guys, basically I'm predicted 10 A*s and would LOVE to get it but i honestly flopped B1 and I made silly mistakes in C1. Still think I got an A in them, but I really want a high mark in physics on Wednesday?
Any tips for the rest of the sciences, cos I don't want the others to go like B1 did :/ and i've done loads of paper, but sometimes I don't understand data handling and don't always know what they're asking for?

as far as data handling is concerned, just describe the trend, any changes in rate (especially for energy transfer in P1) and quote some figures for good measure.

Don't lose faith, the B1 grade boundaries will be low and you'll be able to make it back. Keep your chin up :-)
Original post by ma77tyLG9
as far as data handling is concerned, just describe the trend, any changes in rate (especially for energy transfer in P1) and quote some figures for good measure.

Don't lose faith, the B1 grade boundaries will be low and you'll be able to make it back. Keep your chin up :-)

Thanks, just getting a little worried :smile: do you have any tips on what to use? Textbook or revision guides? I also watch mygcsescience videos x
Original post by sunny181113
Thanks, just getting a little worried :smile: do you have any tips on what to use? Textbook or revision guides? I also watch mygcsescience videos x

stick to the specification and refer to the revision guide if anything is unclear or for extra detail. Like you, I was also worried after the B1 but when you put things into perspective, B2 and B3 are very doable so try not to worry :-)
Original post by ibte10
Does anybody have the 2015 Papers for Chemistry and Physics? I have already done Biology last year. I have Chemistry and Physics left.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-CH1HP-QP-JUN15.PDF
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PH1HP-QP-JUN15.PDF
Any predictions for P1 ?
Reply 273
Original post by nisha.sri
Any predictions for P1 ?

I predict myself crying into the exam paper
Sorry not the response you wanted
Original post by homeland.lsw
:banana: GCSE SCIENCE THREAD! :banana:
Hey guys!
I decided it was best to create one of these threads as we are ever closer to starting our exams!
:party:

Ok a recap of our exams
So we have 9 written exams, three for Chemistry, three for physics and three for biology.
Here is the specification for Chemistry, Biology and Physics :h:

:eek: Important Dates :eek:

Biology B1: 17th May 2016 (PM)
Biology B2: 10th June 2016 (AM)
Biology B3: 10th June 2016 (AM)

Chemistry C1: 19th May 2016 (AM)
Chemistry C2: 15th June 2016 (PM)
Chemistry C3: 15th June 2016 (PM)

Physics P1: 25th May 2016 (PM)
Physics P2: 17th June 2016 (AM)
Physics P3: 17th June 2016 (AM)

:s-smilie:This thread:s-smilie:

Here you can ask any questions, whether it is about the exams, or the content...I would be happy to help! :biggrin:

We can also post any predictions on what we think will come up in the exams!

:bl::bl::bl::bl::bl:

Resources
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse <-------------- Link for past papers...
http://pastpapers.org/aqa-past-papers <----------- Old spec Past Papers, very useful for finding interesting questions!

What are the postive ion tests and what is a quick way to learn them Thanks in Advance
Original post by sanchita
What are the postive ion tests and what is a quick way to learn them Thanks in Advance

For Chemistry C3? I just memorised them...I don't think you can do much else I'm afraid...
Original post by sanchita

I make flashcards and I colour one side with the shade of the flame and the other side what the ion is.... works for me! just look at them every morning/night
Guys, what grade will I get overall if I get
B for my biology ISA, A for b1, A for b2 and A for b3

I really want An A overall and i am doing triple science
Original post by joseph9299
Guys, what grade will I get overall if I get
B for my biology ISA, A for b1, A for b2 and A for b3

I really want An A overall and i am doing triple science

You will most likely get an A overall as the ISA only makes up 25% of the whole GCSE grade.
Why did a six mark question about the structure of an atom have to come up in last year's P2 exam? :cry:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending