The Student Room Group

National 5 Modern Studies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alx2000
For the first one issue that crime isn't as big a problem in Japan as it if for other countries
For the se

The last bullet point the country most like japan I wrote

In source 3 it said 865 people have access to the internet from 1000 people. I then linked this into source 2 where I said South Korea also has 865 people accessing the internet..
Original post by alx2000
For the first one i said that crime isn't as big a problem in Japan as it if for other countries
For the second I said that the elderly population is rising and with that has come financial difficulties
For the last it was South Korea that was most like Japan

I also wrote something along those lines, was rushed for time at the end though
@alx2000

Oh dearrr, I did that completely wrong.....

Crime and the law Q2

I spoke about why Victims experience crime differently to Offenders.
Is that correct ?
Original post by Ethan100
Oh dearrr, I did that compeltly wrong.....

I spoke about why Victims experience crime differently to Offenders.
Is that correct ?

I'm really not sure, I thought the wording was a bit strange but I took it as groups of people that are more likely to be victims of crime and why, not sure if that would be right either. I know a lot of people I spoke to after said that they spoke about racial discrimination and poverty.
Original post by Lewis H01
The last bullet point the country most like japan I wrote

In source 3 it said 865 people have access to the internet from 1000 people. I then linked this into source 2 where I said South Korea also has 865 people accessing the internet..

That's exactly what I said !
Would anyone happen to have a copy of the paper and could perhaps send some photos to the forum?😋 I just did higher this morning and I'm being really nosey and wondering what questions came up for Nat 5! Sorry😁
Reply 146
I'll post pics of the paper!
Reply 147
Original post by alx2000
I'm really not sure, I thought the wording was a bit strange but I took it as groups of people that are more likely to be victims of crime and why, not sure if that would be right either. I know a lot of people I spoke to after said that they spoke about racial discrimination and poverty.

Yeah I said racism and location.

I hate giving examples, for racism I gave the Azealia Banks and Zayn Malik Twitter thing :redface: Lol everything else I knew was either US-related or too old. For the rights in a world power (USA) I said freedom of speech and gave the YG "**** Donald Trump" single as an example :colondollar:
Reply 148
For the government / police / court question on how they tackle crime I did courts, was that just what punishments they can give?
Original post by Puppo
I'll post pics of the paper!

Thank you😊
Yeah I thought that the KU questions were fine but for the one about world powers I did USA and the q like how they influence other countries I talked about, how big their economy is and how they imapct choices made in other countries like us with obamas opinions on the EU referendum. Also how big their armed forces are and like how they went to war with certain countires so everyone joined in
Ohh Im so worried I completely did the 2nd Q for crime and the law wrong. It was weirdly worded.
Original post by jj1814
For the government / police / court question on how they tackle crime I did courts, was that just what punishments they can give?

I chose courts and I did one paragraph on custodial sentences and another on non-custodial sentences, is that what you done?
Original post by jj1814
Yeah I said racism and location.

I hate giving examples, for racism I gave the Azealia Banks and Zayn Malik Twitter thing :redface: Lol everything else I knew was either US-related or too old. For the rights in a world power (USA) I said freedom of speech and gave the YG "**** Donald Trump" single as an example :colondollar:

That's a good one actually!! I done the right to participate in an interest group and spoke about how they can protest and stuff and then I done the right to vote
That was quite straight forward I thought. The options question was a little meh, But overall not bad.

Democracy in the UK:
1) For this I wrote, canvassing door to door and handing out leaflets.
2) For the disadvanatges of FPTP, I only wrote 2 points, But I'm confident they are enough for me to gain full marks. Talked about wasted votes and unrepresented.
3)The selective use of facts wasn't too bad.

Crime in the law:
1) Chose the police, talked about crime prevention, patrolling and attending high profile events like celtic vs rangers or the manchester derby.
2) Talked about how crimes like rape can have an impact psychologically and how assault can have a physical impact.
3) Up to this point, I had all the time in the world, However The option question for me killed a lot of time, and I found it quite hard to process the information.

USA:
1) The right to vote, the right to join a political party
2) Political influence of america and economic influence.
3) First conclusion - Japan is a safe place.
Second conclusion - Due to the increase in the elderly population, less young people have houses.
Third conclusion - South Korea is the country that is similar.
Original post by studyranger
Yeah I thought that the KU questions were fine but for the one about world powers I did USA and the q like how they influence other countries I talked about, how big their economy is and how they imapct choices made in other countries like us with obamas opinions on the EU referendum. Also how big their armed forces are and like how they went to war with certain countires so everyone joined in

Yes that should be fine :smile:

Ohh Im so worried I completely did the 2nd Q for crime and the law wrong. It was weirdly worded.

Yeah I agree.
Reply 156
Original post by alx2000
That's a good one actually!! I done the right to participate in an interest group and spoke about how they can protest and stuff and then I done the right to vote

Yeah protest was my other one! For that I said like Ferguson and stuff.
Original post by A+Hunter
That was quite straight forward I thought. The options question was a little meh, But overall not bad.

Democracy in the UK:
1) For this I wrote, canvassing door to door and handing out leaflets.
2) For the disadvanatges of FPTP, I only wrote 2 points, But I'm confident they are enough for me to gain full marks. Talked about wasted votes and unrepresented.
3)The selective use of facts wasn't too bad.

Crime in the law:
1) Chose the police, talked about crime prevention, patrolling and attending high profile events like celtic vs rangers or the manchester derby.
2) Talked about how crimes like rape can have an impact psychologically and how assault can have a physical impact.
3) Up to this point, I had all the time in the world, However The option question for me killed a lot of time, and I found it quite hard to process the information.

USA:
1) The right to vote, the right to join a political party
2) Political influence of america and economic influence.
3) First conclusion - Japan is a safe place.
Second conclusion - Due to the increase in the elderly population, less young people have houses.
Third conclusion - South Korea is the country that is similar.

For the 2nd Crime and the law question, I talked about why crime can affect different groups, for example a Victim and Offender. I described what happens after a crime has taken place and how the victim and offender feel and the consquences. Is that correct ?
Reply 158
Original post by alx2000
I chose courts and I did one paragraph on custodial sentences and another on non-custodial sentences, is that what you done?

Yeah I kinda worded it differently though, I just said prison sentences and fines, I hope that'll still be alright :s-smilie:
For the 2nd Crime and the law question, I talked about why crime can affect different groups, for example a Victim and Offender. I described what happens after a crime has taken place and how the victim and offender feel and the consquences. Is that correct ?

I don't know really. It sounds fine. I talked about the victim in the crime as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending