The Student Room Group

Does not completing your exam decrease your grade?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by animeamanda1412
it is real mate
it happened irl

no bruh.
that was the video for the manly man test
and someone put fake subs ;-;
This Manly Man test:

Spoiler

I think you'd like this video XD

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rosieridleyx
Im exactly the same. Both my Exams this week (English lit and maths) I ran out of time just because I write and process things slowly. Im not diagnosed as dyslexic or anything so I never thought id qualify for extra time. If I applied now do you think id be eligible and that they'd be able to put it in place in time for the rest of my exams?

No. You're about two months too late for applying for extra time - there's no way they would make arrangements now even for someone with a genuine medical issue.

Also, extra time isn't just for being slow and not finishing exams - that would be an insult to people who work hard on time management. If you aren't dyslexic, and you don't have any related condition, then you are not eligible.
Depends on the subject. Sciences if you don't miss too many questions you can still get a good grade. Stuff like geography is much harder however because missing a question say in unit 2 will lose you around 1/7 of the marks and it is hard to get very high marks in a question (missing a single question can make you drop 3 grades).

Advice I would give is look at time available and the number of available marks. Compare these to then see how much time you should spend per mark (e.g. 50 marks in a 100 minute paper, only spend up to two minutes per mark, so 6 minutes on a 3 mark question).
Original post by Marzy-Sama
no bruh.
This Manly Man test:

Spoiler

Spoiler

yes i know it's fake subs, i saw the original before seeing fake subs lol
i said the video "presented to bts" is real
and i've seen that vid, i subscribed to him as well lol
(edited 7 years ago)
no bruh.
This Manly Man test:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Since the two of you appear to be well and truly hell-bent on derailing this thread by way of a completely frivolous and almost migraine-inducingly asinine conversation on a matter wholly tangential to the intended topic of discussion, here's some illuminating and instructive wisdom for your social and academic betterment;

Spoiler

Original post by Profesh
Since the two of you appear to be well and truly hell-bent on derailing this thread by way of a completely frivolous and almost migraine-inducingly asinine conversation on a matter wholly tangential to the intended topic of discussion, here's some illuminating and instructive wisdom for your social and academic betterment;

Spoiler

bitch what
bitch what

The OP asked a serious question and you both started some random convo which is completely irrelevant. Take it to PM's.
Original post by Vikingninja
The OP asked a serious question and you both started some random convo which is completely irrelevant. Take it to PM's.

THANK YOU OMG
I wanted to say so myself but i didn't want to seem rude >.>

Ahhhh okay lolz
He's like the best BTS fanboy I have ever seen XD
how he loves the Ji-Booty too
:colondollar: :awesome: :blush:
How can you get marks if they have nothing to mark? It's unfortunate that you don't complete the exam, yes, but to try and avoid that situation happening then attempt to do multiple past papers within an allotted time to work on your writing speed.

A good skill is to look at the clock and if you're running out of time narrow things down to the core things, there's no time to go into things in detail but focus on getting the main points without rambling on with the hope of picking up marks. If then you still have little time left, try and add an extra sentence or two. :smile:
Original post by difeo
You can get extra time due to having bad time management? Wtf

No. Its if you have problems CAUSING bad time manegement
e.g ADHD (why i have it)
You can get it if you have slow writing, too.
Ahhhh okay lolz
He's like the best BTS fanboy I have ever seen XD
how he loves the Ji-Booty too
:colondollar: :awesome: :blush:

legit haha xD
hes too funny, especially kpop fans vs normal people, i just die when i see those xD
Original post by DeepMeaning
THANK YOU OMG
I wanted to say so myself but i didn't want to seem rude >.>

i swear you're a kpop fan?!
traitor ಠ_ಠ
legit haha xD
hes too funny, especially kpop fans vs normal people, i just die when i see those xD

Yess
They're so relatable
And the BTS ruined my life ones?
They're just perfect XD
i swear you're a kpop fan?!
traitor ಠ_ಠ

Yess
They're so relatable
They're just perfect XD

You were warned; say annyeong now.
Yess
They're so relatable
They're just perfect XD

those are 485785% relatable, literally
but with me its even worse
eg someone says "let me know when you're done" and straight away
GIRL LET ME KNOW
but imagine when youve listened to 543534 kpop songs and basically every word said is kpop related xD
Original post by Profesh
You were warned; say annyeong now.

eh?

Spoiler

those are 485785% relatable, literally
but with me its even worse
eg someone says "let me know when you're done" and straight away
GIRL LET ME KNOW
but imagine when youve listened to 543534 kpop songs and basically every word said is kpop related xD

YESSS
Like when someone says "Something"
And I just automatically think to Girls Day's Something and start dancing it and being like "Something, Something"
Now you gonna have everyone applying for extra time because of one comment. You won't be getting extra time unless you've got extenuating circumstances like actual dyslexia that affects how quickly you can work through an exam paper. You had months to work on your time management and if you still haven't sorted it then well tough really, keep doing past papers and maybe it'll help for the last few exams
Original post by rxns_00
Now you gonna have everyone applying for extra time because of one comment. You won't be getting extra time unless you've got extenuating circumstances like actual dyslexia that affects how quickly you can work through an exam paper. You had months to work on your time management and if you still haven't sorted it then well tough really, keep doing past papers and maybe it'll help for the last few exams

that's a bit harsh. some people have never been fast writers no matter how much they try. why should they be put at a disadvantage?

Quick Reply