The Student Room Group

Why people should stop hating muslims

Scroll to see replies

Hating Islam is fine.

Hating Muslims isn't.
Islam, as an organized religion and as a set of values - utter sexist, homophobic, violent, prejudiced trash.

Muslims - people with same dignity, human rights and liberties as everyone else.

Very important distinction.
Yawn,these Islam threads are getting boring.
Nobody can police your thoughts and feelings
Original post by ODES_PDES
Nobody can police your thoughts and feelings

They can't but it's never acceptable to hate someone because of their skin colour or religion
Most people don't hate religious people, they hate religion
Reply 8
23% of British Muslims want sharia law in the UK
32% of British muslims felt sympathy towards those who attacked and killed Charlie Hebdo employees for mocking Allah
49% of British Muslims feel Muslim hate preachers are justified
52% of British Muslims want homosexuality to be made illegal

I don't hate all Muslims, but these statistics show why I hate most Muslims.
Reply 9
Original post by Withengar
Islam, as an organized religion and as a set of values - utter sexist, homophobic, violent, prejudiced trash.

Muslims - people with same dignity, human rights and liberties as everyone else.

=

Nazism was bad, but Nazis were good.

So why the hell does everyone focus on Islam and ignore Christianity and all the other religions which are equally as delusional and discriminatory?
Reply 11
Original post by James82
32% of British muslims felt sympathy towards those who attacked and killed Charlie Hebdo employees for mocking Allah

Please tell me you didn't get it from The Sun. They make the most ridiculous statements which are not true.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by James82

So what? 11 million British citizens voted for the tories in 2015 but I don't want to go and persecute them.
Original post by sainsburys wraps
So what? 11 million British citizens voted for the tories in 2015 but I don't want to go and persecute them.

Who said anything about persecuting? From your post I guess you hate the Tories, the same as I hate most Muslims because of the views they hold.
Original post by James82
=

Nazism was bad, but Nazis were good.

You can never say that all people within certain belief or certain set of beliefs are truly and entirely bad. There is a lot of indoctrination within Islam just like there was a lot of indoctrination within Nazism. Some people are raised believing this is the only, unvarnished truth. People are impressionable, so if you're raised believing this, you're not necessarily a horrible person who should be deprived of rights, you're just indoctrinated with this toxic belief.

You're just employing a slippery slope argument. Within your judgement, you can't call any belief or set or beliefs bad without judging or condemning all of its followers, which is simply preposterous.
Original post by Sfhkh
Please tell me you didn't get it from The Sun. They make the most ridiculous statements which are not true.

I won't tell you that, these statistics are from ICM polls conducted for the Guardian and Channel 4.
You can never say that all people within certain belief or certain set of beliefs are truly and entirely bad. There is a lot of indoctrination within Islam just like there was a lot of indoctrination within Nazism. Some people are raised believing this is the only, unvarnished truth. People are impressionable, so if you're raised believing this, you're not necessarily a horrible person who should be deprived of rights, you're just indoctrinated with this toxic belief.

You're just employing a slippery slope argument. Within your judgement, you can't call any belief or set or beliefs bad without judging or condemning all of its followers, which is simply preposterous.

So if somebody who is a member of the KKK goes around lynching black people then it's not their fault, it was because they were indoctrinated?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Hating Islam is fine.

Hating Muslims isn't.

What a stupid mindset.

"Yeah mate your religion is disgusting, everything you know to be true about God is a filthy lie, it is repulsive, your family are evil and worship a stupid religion, your prophet was a pedo and you follow a religion which violates democracy and hates gay people and justifies killing people bla bla bla, but you're an alright guy I guess :smile: :smile: :smile:"

You can't insult Islam without implicitly insulting its followers, get out of your stuck up mindset and realise that spamming hate speech about Islam is not the solution.
Reply 18
Original post by James82
I won't tell you that, these statistics are from ICM polls conducted for the Guardian and Channel 4.

And where may I find the website showing the statistics ?These statistics are probably very biased from the looks of it.
Original post by sainsburys wraps
What a stupid mindset.

"Yeah mate your religion is disgusting, everything you know to be true about God is a filthy lie, it is repulsive, your family are evil and worship a stupid religion, your prophet was a pedo and you follow a religion which violates democracy and hates gay people and justifies killing people bla bla bla, but you're an alright guy I guess :smile: :smile: :smile:"

You can't insult Islam without implicitly insulting its followers, get out of your stuck up mindset and realise that spamming hate speech about Islam is not the solution.

So you can't insult the Tories without insulting the 11 million people who voted for them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending