The Student Room Group

National 5 Modern Studies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A+Hunter
Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English, History

Yessss :biggrin: It looks like Ill be seeing you more in the same subject threads :biggrin:
Original post by Ethan100
Yessss :biggrin: It looks like Ill be seeing you more in the same subject threads :biggrin:

Lol did you pick the same highers?!?
Original post by alx2000
French, Spanish, English, Maths and Biology (sadly, because I wasn't allowed to take Computing Science which I'm gutted about)

Why were you not allowed to take it ?

Im doing computing next year, hopefully ! The exam didn't really go my way so hoping I did well !

Good Luck with those subjects :smile: :biggrin:
Reply 183
http://www.photosnack.com/Puppo/n5modernstudies.html

That link takes you to the photos on some slideshow maker website that I had to make an account for this purpose lol. The photos weren't uploading on here so I went and made an account and uploaded them on some website. It has all the units and I will probably delete the account soon so if you want the pics with u til the grave I'd save them

3 are the same :P

Instead of English I chose Computing Science
Instead of History I chose Modern

Hoping to pick up Higher English in s6. I found Nat 5 English quite time-consuming with all the quotes and close reading revision. Just want to focus on the highers Ill need for the future.
3 are the same :P

Instead of English I chose Computing Science
Instead of History I chose Modern

Hoping to pick up Higher English in s6. I found Nat 5 English quite time-consuming with all the quotes and close reading revision. Just want to focus on the highers Ill need for the future.

You've got to be kidding me, our school has english down as compulsory :/ Our school is the worse
Original post by Puppo
http://www.photosnack.com/Puppo/n5modernstudies.html

That link takes you to the photos on some slideshow maker website that I had to make an account for this purpose lol. The photos weren't uploading on here so I went and made an account and uploaded them on some website. It has all the units and I will probably delete the account soon so if you want the pics with u til the grave I'd save them

Thanks <3

I'm super annoyed about the crime and the law Q2. Someone make me feel better please ;P
Why were you not allowed to take it ?

Im doing computing next year, hopefully ! The exam didn't really go my way so hoping I did well !

Good Luck with those subjects :smile: :biggrin:

I am the only person who is taking both languages at higher next year and so it just wouldn't work out on my timetable.

It was either I dropped French (which I can't really do because I want to be a translator) and took Computing or I dropped Computing and picked up Modern Studies or Biology but I don't fancy the essays for this next year so I went with Biology haha.

Thanks! I need all A's next year so hope I cope well!

Hope you're subjects go well for you too.
(edited 7 years ago)
You've got to be kidding me, our school has english down as compulsory :/ Our school is the worse

Wait ?!? Really :O Do you even want to take it ? hahaha Nae Luck
Why the hell did I pick Higher Modern.... I try to run away from English essays but Modern studies has them too ??? WUT
Wait ?!? Really :O Do you even want to take it ? hahaha Nae Luck

No I don't want to take it. I really cba with another year of essays and close reading. I stuggle in english, But this year the paper wasn't bad, So I was quite happy with it.

In my school, You have to choose English, for some strange reason. Even if you pass N5. You have to take it :/
No I don't want to take it. I really cba with another year of essays and close reading. I stuggle in english, But this year the paper wasn't bad, So I was quite happy with it.

In my school, You have to choose English, for some strange reason. Even if you pass N5. You have to take it :/

I really hate English, it's my worst subject by farrrr but sadly I need it at higher

Maths English chemistry biology and modern studies
I'm talking about democracy inScotland

I did 2 advantages for ams but I could think of another one :/ so pissed
I think the A mark may be 75% as last years it was 78% for an A
Reply 195
Original post by Lewis H01
I'm talking about democracy inScotland

I did 2 advantages for ams but I could think of another one :/ so pissed

I said it's easy to understand, it gives small parties a better chance and it enhances democracy because 2 votes are better than one. I was hoping it would ask for advantages and disadvantages!

What did everybody say for Q1? I said advertising and televised debates
Do you think this years exam was harder/easier than last year ?

What are your estimation on what will happen to the grade boundaries this year ?
Original post by alx2000
I am the only person who is taking both languages at higher next year and so it just wouldn't work out on my timetable.

It was either I dropped French (which I can't really do because I want to be a translator) and took Computing or I dropped Computing and picked up Modern Studies or Biology but I don't fancy the essays for this next year so I went with Biology haha.

Thanks! I need all A's next year so hope I cope well!

Hope you're subjects go well for you too.

Good Luck Man, wish you the best :smile:

Thank You !
Original post by jj1814
I said it's easy to understand, it gives small parties a better chance and it enhances democracy because 2 votes are better than one. I was hoping it would ask for advantages and disadvantages!

What did everybody say for Q1? I said advertising and televised debates

For Q2 I said smaller parties gain representives and it's a propional system..

For Q1 I put canvassing and loudspeakers on cars/vans.
That was quite straight forward I thought. The options question was a little meh, But overall not bad.

Democracy in the UK:
1) For this I wrote, canvassing door to door and handing out leaflets.
2) For the disadvanatges of FPTP, I only wrote 2 points, But I'm confident they are enough for me to gain full marks. Talked about wasted votes and unrepresented.
3)The selective use of facts wasn't too bad.

Crime in the law:
1) Chose the police, talked about crime prevention, patrolling and attending high profile events like celtic vs rangers or the manchester derby.
2) Talked about how crimes like rape can have an impact psychologically and how assault can have a physical impact.
3) Up to this point, I had all the time in the world, However The option question for me killed a lot of time, and I found it quite hard to process the information.

USA:
1) The right to vote, the right to join a political party
2) Political influence of america and economic influence.
3) First conclusion - Japan is a safe place.
Second conclusion - Due to the increase in the elderly population, less young people have houses.
Third conclusion - South Korea is the country that is similar.

I had the same answers to you for KU questions :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending