The Student Room Group

Migrant rape in Japan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HucktheForde
Because a nation is at war. Not half a nation. Or a quater of a nation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Plus some Japanese were opposed to the war and were silenced. Others were probably too scared to speak out.
Original post by rayestar
I think you're comment is very one-sided. It's very obvious that you only know one side of the story and if you didn't know, the government controls the education, therefore whatever you learn is according to what the government wants you to know. It is highly likely that they have hidden bits of information that flaw china and korea. Your view that japan should repay is also very inconsiderate to the japanese living today, who are not involved with what happened in the past.
I dont think bringing up the past will improve the past anyway. What's done is done and we should all learn from mistakes, even if it isn't ours.

Nope I know both sides.
Original post by Konahagakure
So a Japanese baby was really gonna get up pick up a gun and start shooting some Chinese people 🤔🤔🤔

If the baby grows up in a Japan we did not force quickly enough to surrender. It is very likely the baby will be conscripted into the army in teenage and do far worse than shooting. Namely rape, bayonet, water board, beheading, shoving steel rod up women prisoners vagina, cutting off womens breasts...etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plus some Japanese were opposed to the war and were silenced. Others were probably too scared to speak out.

Those who opposed the war migrated to the US and got thrown into concentration camps. But that's a different story.

Similarly, jews that were afraid of nazi persecution migrated or fled. Not many, if any, left in Germany (or japan) near the end of the war.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jebedee
My point is that either Japan were extremely unlucky in getting the only two rapists in Turkey out of the 27 they took. Or the more logical conclusion that people from certain regions of the world have a far higher propensity for rape than others, which should have a bearing on Western immigration policy.

Thanks for your statistical analysis based on a sample of ****ing 27 people.

Get real. You can't seriously believe that you can generalise the crime rate of an entire country based on 27 people. Nobody's that stupid.
Reply 105
Original post by JordanL_
Thanks for your statistical analysis based on a sample of ****ing 27 people.

Get real. You can't seriously believe that you can generalise the crime rate of an entire country based on 27 people. Nobody's that stupid.

What would be a minimum amount for you to consider it to be a representative sample, out of interest?
Lmao.. alot of countries other than Korea and China are furious with japans action of whitewashing history. It doesn't get any media attention I don't know why. Namely Philippine Malaysia and hong kong. A bit in taiwan
Are you suggesting all these countries suddenly decide to gang up on japan and hide certain facts. That's more like what Japan is doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not saying that only china and korea does it, probably a lot of countries do and its not their fault. It's just that it is wrong to just 'gang up' on japan, and judge them based on their history. Also, aren't you quite judgemental for saying that japan is the one hiding facts? There are probably a lot of japanese who are open to learn these things, but it doesn't mean they just go online and start saying bad stuff about another country. TSR is quite a multicultural community so you might be offending japanese people on TSR. if you were a japanese, how would you feel about reading a forum that says stuff like 'japan is ganging up'?
Original post by Jebedee
What would be a minimum amount for you to consider it to be a representative sample, out of interest?

I don't know, I'm not a statistician. All I know is that the minimum amount would be a much, much, much bigger number than 27.
Reply 108
Original post by JordanL_
I don't know, I'm not a statistician. All I know is that the minimum amount would be a much, much, much bigger number than 27.

Well I'm guessing if the sample was all of them, you wouldn't have a problem would you? So somewhere between 27 and all of them there is a number you consider to be enough, so just have a wild guess how much it would be.
I'm not saying that only china and korea does it, probably a lot of countries do and its not their fault. It's just that it is wrong to just 'gang up' on japan, and judge them based on their history. Also, aren't you quite judgemental for saying that japan is the one hiding facts? There are probably a lot of japanese who are open to learn these things, but it doesn't mean they just go online and start saying bad stuff about another country. TSR is quite a multicultural community so you might be offending japanese people on TSR. if you were a japanese, how would you feel about reading a forum that says stuff like 'japan is ganging up'?

That's their problem. Its not their right to not be offended. I will not be a genocide apologist just as many terrorist sympathiser there are on here. The problem with japan is whitewashing wwii is institutionalised. Its not like here where holocaust denial is just a few lunatics doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You cannot tell ME what MY intention was.

Actually, I can. When you make irrelevant statements about an individual who's life has been ruined by misogynists, and try and deter the blame on to the victim, then I can call you out and call you a bigot.
That's their problem. Its not their right to not be offended. I will not be a genocide apologist just as many terrorist sympathiser there are on here. The problem with japan is whitewashing wwii is institutionalised. Its not like here where holocaust denial is just a few lunatics doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

japan is not whitewashing ww2. why dont they have the right to b offended? If u were japanese, wud u look at this forum and say: 'hmm... I guess I deserve to pay china and korea back cos its totally my fault'? All ur saying is that every japanese person shud b paying back other countries. Japan has acted and looked at what they have done and now has rules on certain things. Also, the japanese people today do not have close relations to what the country in the past has done so it is very unfair. Its not like the japanese people today complain about what other countries have done to them you know
japan is not whitewashing ww2. why dont they have the right to b offended? If u were japanese, wud u look at this forum and say: 'hmm... I guess I deserve to pay china and korea back cos its totally my fault'? All ur saying is that every japanese person shud b paying back other countries. Japan has acted and looked at what they have done and now has rules on certain things. Also, the japanese people today do not have close relations to what the country in the past has done so it is very unfair. Its not like the japanese people today complain about what other countries have done to them you know

**** yes they are. To put in western terms. Its like Germany saying holocaust never happened or only a small amount of jews died in holocaust.

I don't care what a jap feels. He can join the forum and show you weaboos their true face.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
**** yes they are. To put in western terms. Its like Germany saying holocaust never happened or only a small amount of jews died in holocaust.

I don't care what a jap feels. He can join the forum and show you weaboos their true face.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do u mean by 'true face'? R u saying that all japanese r evil or something? If thats what u r saying, I think u just have a hatred towards the japanese race, because I dont think u've met all the japanese in the world, have u? Plus, it's not like all the japanese people wanted to do all those stuff in the war, somepeople didn't even want to go to war.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have a serious problem. Don't use the term "Jap" this is not the 1940s.

I'm glad someone noticed :biggrin:

Yes i am sure using short forms nowadays is a serious problem. There are no worse problems than using short forms!!
what do u mean by 'true face'? R u saying that all japanese r evil or something? If thats what u r saying, I think u just have a hatred towards the japanese race, because I dont think u've met all the japanese in the world, have u? Plus, it's not like all the japanese people wanted to do all those stuff in the war, somepeople didn't even want to go to war.

you need to meet more people mate.

What the japs "want" is irrelevant. I want to live in mansion and own 2 billion dollar assets. Does it matter?

What they did matters.
(edited 7 years ago)
you need to meet more people mate.

What the japs "want" is irrelevant. I want to live in mansion and own 2 billion dollar assets. Does it matter?

What they did matters.

u do realise there are japanese people on tsr too
I know many japanese people outside of tsr too, so I think I've met enough people to come to my conclusion that they don't deserve to repay for what happened in the past.
and please stop using the term 'jap', because its not like people these days call germans 'kraut', do they?
u do realise there are japanese people on tsr too
I know many japanese people outside of tsr too, so I think I've met enough people to come to my conclusion that they don't deserve to repay for what happened in the past.
and please stop using the term 'jap', because its not like people these days call germans 'kraut', do they?

I did not support reparation in this thread. You need to read back a few pages on my first post.

However this reply of yours prompt me to make a response. When I say "meet more people" , I mean a diverse group of people, not just more japs. What you are doing is like meeting henrich himmler and ask him if he thinks the cause of the nazi was just. In which case we know what the response would be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending