The Student Room Group

AQA AS 2016 - CHEM1 (Resit) Unoffical Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jenduds1234
Tell me about it,I've lost so many silly marks on this paper and I'm not even sure if I've done any better than last years:frown: but you're right there's nothing I can do about it now

Look end of day. your human and we all make mistakes - if you tried your best thats all that matter and it will reflect in a grade
dont dwell as by doing that we will repeat the failure of last year - keep in mind you have 140 120 120 ums still available for grabs!
If you want to like discuss for future exam im more than likely to help or take help from you
Reply 201
Tell me about it,I've lost so many silly marks on this paper and I'm not even sure if I've done any better than last years:frown: but you're right there's nothing I can do about it now

Original post by ahsan_ijaz
Look end of day. your human and we all make mistakes - if you tried your best thats all that matter and it will reflect in a grade
dont dwell as by doing that we will repeat the failure of last year - keep in mind you have 140 120 120 ums still available for grabs!
If you want to like discuss for future exam im more than likely to help or take help from you

This is true. If you feel you have done badly in one exam don't let it put you down. If you let this happen you will end up doing worse on future exams than what you are really capable of. Just do what I do. Forget everything I remember about the exam and move foward. If you do bad in one exam and super well in another then it cancels out and it was sufficient enough. Good luck :smile:
Original post by SirRaza97
This is true. If you feel you have done badly in one exam don't let it put you down. If you let this happen you will end up doing worse on future exams than what you are really capable of. Just do what I do. Forget everything I remember about the exam and move foward. If you do bad in one exam and super well in another then it cancels out and it was sufficient enough. Good luck :smile:

Thanks for the advice guys:smile: like you said there's no point in worrying about what is already done,fingers crossed that the grade boundaries aren't as high as last year
Thanks for the advice guys:smile: like you said there's no point in worrying about what is already done,fingers crossed that the grade boundaries aren't as high as last year

Am sure if you prep well for chem 2 you can smash it - as they cant trick you much other than maybe study a bit of chem 5 again
If someone can give the link to a chem2 4 5 thread as i dont want to keep seeeing the unofficial mark scheme
Am sure if you prep well for chem 2 you can smash it - as they cant trick you much other than maybe study a bit of chem 5 again

i'm not resitting chem 2 because I got 89/100 on it last year but I'm now thinking I should be
i'm not resitting chem 2 because I got 89/100 on
it last year but I'm now thinking I should be

You can do well on chem 4-5 which still has 240 ums available and its really more straight forward memory work in these units!
I'm worrying that I forgot to work out the % of Cu in the sample but at the same time didn't think it was needed haha:/

I don't vividly remember what I wrote but I definitely worked out the percentage of Cu C O and H :P I remember I had to reread the question. I know I got the moles and all worked out but when I worked out the mole ratio I got that answer 😳 Il prob lose a couple of marks
You can do well on chem 4-5 which still has 240 ums available and its really more straight forward memory work in these units!

Yeah hopefully! It's just unit 1 I hate because they know the content is easy and so make the papers difficult:frown:
Original post by Chembio123
I don't vividly remember what I wrote but I definitely worked out the percentage of Cu C O and H :P I remember I had to reread the question. I know I got the moles and all worked out but when I worked out the mole ratio I got that answer 😳 Il prob lose a couple of marks

I wish I had time to reread the question at the end and I might have picked up on the Cu,I usually always remember to make sure the percentages add up to 100:frown:
I wish I had time to reread the question at the end and I might have picked up on the Cu,I usually always remember to make sure the percentages add up to 100:frown:

Same here - For anyone taking chem 2 i would strongly advise going over chem 5 energetic stuff - it would not be a suprise if they throw in something with entropy linked with chem 2 extraction metals
Yeah hopefully! It's just unit 1 I hate because they know the content is easy and so make the papers difficult:frown:

Totally agree. Thank god I'm not repeating Chem2 🙌🏻
LOL aqa Caught us out in exam conditions - we forgot that it was a copper carbonate and even later in the paper - the p4 one caught me out - easily dropped around 15-17 marks in the paper
Just focus on chem 2 now and the other 4th and 5th uniy exams and we can hopefully save ourselves

Yeah so did I, at least 15-17 :frown: it's very worrying though as that's by far the easiest paper
Original post by alevelsarepoo
Yeah so did I, at least 15-17 :frown: it's very worrying though as that's by far the easiest paper

Totally agree with you but you have to say it was a bit tricky with the 4 marks on abundances which stumped me - seems like a lot of people did make exam condition silly mistakes tho
Totally agree with you but you have to say it was a bit tricky with the 4 marks on abundances which stumped me - seems like a lot of people did make exam condition silly mistakes tho

Which one was that? I'm still kicking myself for losing the 4 marks about the 7th IE of sulfur, I wrote argon :frown: I hope people did so grade boundaries aren't too high as the likelihood of me doing much better in chem4/5 is low
Just to say that im very grateful to OP for making this thread. Very helpful for gauging how well youve done (which relieves a lot of anxiety, even if you find out youve done badly at least you know so you can still fix it on the other papers)

Pretty sure all answers here are correct and even the marks per q are virtually bang on

Thank you (y)
Reply 216
Original post by davgen7
Just to say that im very grateful to OP for making this thread. Very helpful for gauging how well youve done (which relieves a lot of anxiety, even if you find out youve done badly at least you know so you can still fix it on the other papers)

Pretty sure all answers here are correct and even the marks per q are virtually bang on

Thank you (y)

No problem man. Good luck in your exams
Original post by SirRaza97
No problem man. Good luck in your exams

You too bro
For the last q do you think they will accept all the reactant atoms are present in the product? Ik its only one mark but i ****ed the empirical formula, counted 4 methyl groups when there were only 3 and dropped a couple of other silly marks as i sat the exam half asleep, so that one mark makes a major difference now

Is ecf on the empirical formula btw

Hope 59/60 is good for an A
Any predictions for Unit 2 Resit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest