The Student Room Group

change A level subject

I am due to start 6th form, subjects I am studying are A level psychology, biology, and chemistry. I want to go to university, I have a disability and health problem and get tired and ill, worrying the chemistry might be to taxing, is there an alternative less taxing subject I could do and still get into university ?
Original post by Edith Demendez
I am due to start 6th form, subjects I am studying are A level psychology, biology, and chemistry. I want to go to university, I have a disability and health problem and get tired and ill, worrying the chemistry might be to taxing, is there an alternative less taxing subject I could do and still get into university ?

Have a chat with your 6th form about it - maybe they can guide you best.

It's difficult to think about it at this stage and know what you're going to do, but you should try to pick subjects you think you *need* rather than doing things on a whim.

If you're comfortable with maths GCSE (A*-B grade) then that may be worth doing. Difficult, but I'd say less difficult than Chemistry significantly.
Original post by SeanFM
Have a chat with your 6th form about it - maybe they can guide you best.

It's difficult to think about it at this stage and know what you're going to do, but you should try to pick subjects you think you *need* rather than doing things on a whim.

If you're comfortable with maths GCSE (A*-B grade) then that may be worth doing. Difficult, but I'd say less difficult than Chemistry significantly.

Agreed. What did you get in Maths GCSE?
Original post by zXcodeXz
Agreed. What did you get in Maths GCSE?

360/400 (90.00%, scraped an A* :colondollar:)
Original post by Edith Demendez

It helps at the moment that you only chose 3 subjects, as 4 is a bigger work load obviously. It depends what subjects you like, are these your favourite subjects at the moment? Are there any others you like and are good at? It also depends what you want to do at uni, every course requires different things so have you got any ideas what you might be interested in? Some don't even require you to do that subject like I know a lot of universities will let you do Geography without doing A level as long as you get the grades. I do maths, further maths, chemistry and geography and geography is definitely my easiest but I know other people that find it really hard so it completely depends on what you are best at. Hope this helps
Original post by SeanFM
360/400 (90.00%, scraped an A* :colondollar:)

Jesus Christ I can't even get an A

Quick Reply

Latest