The Student Room Group

Has he lost interest?????!!!?

So there's this guy I've been seeing the last few months and we're basically in a relationship but without the label. We talk every day and have the longest conversations about **** all and its doesn't get boring or dry, we meet up, I go to his house quite often and we're just pretty close. But lately I've been thinking he's no longer interested in this....whatever it is. He didn't text me for a whole week. I know y'all may think I'm paranoid or needy but I wasn't even bothered by it cos you know I thought he might have been busy. I decided to text him yesterday and I was like ohh you must have been busy this week and he said and I quote "nope just been enjoying life". Emmmm what....
I'm not saying he can't have a good time but what I also got from that was that he doesn't care about me or hasn't even given me a second thought the whole week. And last Saturday before he stopped texting me when I saw him he seemed a bit weird with me like not the way he usually is but at that time I didn't read anything into it. What do you guys think? Help!
Reply 1
Original post by Khalessi_
So there's this guy I've been seeing the last few months and we're basically in a relationship but without the label. We talk every day and have the longest conversations about **** all and its doesn't get boring or dry, we meet up, I go to his house quite often and we're just pretty close. But lately I've been thinking he's no longer interested in this....whatever it is. He didn't text me for a whole week. I know y'all may think I'm paranoid or needy but I wasn't even bothered by it cos you know I thought he might have been busy. I decided to text him yesterday and I was like ohh you must have been busy this week and he said and I quote "nope just been enjoying life". Emmmm what....
I'm not saying he can't have a good time but what I also got from that was that he doesn't care about me or hasn't even given me a second thought the whole week. And last Saturday before he stopped texting me when I saw him he seemed a bit weird with me like not the way he usually is but at that time I didn't read anything into it. What do you guys think? Help!

omg i'm so sorry to know this but i'm in the same boat as you. there is this guy we were pretty close we would go out on rides and stuff and recently we confessed we had mutual feelings that we like each other though we weren't in a relationship. things went pretty well and all of a sudden it started getting weird and now he doesn't even message me and it sucks. i tried talking to him till yesterday but i realised it's no use. so i stopped messaging him since last night and he hasn't messaged me yet the whole day so idek. it sucks big time. but i'm trying to get over it and i think you should too. its not worth the hurt. though its really difficult and im emotionally drained since i thought he was the one and he was different but he is not i guess :frown:
It is really hard to know if he has lost interest or not. If, as you say, it is just casual then perhaps he enjoys the interaction with you, your conversations etc but he's in general just living his life. Do you take turns initiating contact or do you wait for him? He could be waiting to see if you contact him first. Maybe he's wondering about your interest. Anyway, if you text him and he responds promptly or in what is a normal amount of time for him then I wouldn't worry about it. To be honest, he may not have given you a second thought (I'm not trying to be harsh - honest) but he is comfortable in your friendship/relationship and just didn't text because there wasn't much to say. Who knows.
I don't think you should worry too much about it at this point; but see how he responds the next time you see him or if it takes a long time to respond to your text (or he doesn't respond at all). If you've been seeing him for a little while you should definitely feel comfortable to just ask him about it as well. Good Luck.
Reply 3
Original post by Koo's
omg i'm so sorry to know this but i'm in the same boat as you. there is this guy we were pretty close we would go out on rides and stuff and recently we confessed we had mutual feelings that we like each other though we weren't in a relationship. things went pretty well and all of a sudden it started getting weird and now he doesn't even message me and it sucks. i tried talking to him till yesterday but i realised it's no use. so i stopped messaging him since last night and he hasn't messaged me yet the whole day so idek. it sucks big time. but i'm trying to get over it and i think you should too. its not worth the hurt. though its really difficult and im emotionally drained since i thought he was the one and he was different but he is not i guess :frown:

Don't guys just suck 😪😪😪. I've made the same decision as you to just move on because tbh it seems like he has. Hang in there girl, we're better than this, we don't need them. If they truly cared for us they wouldn't treat us like this. I'm sorry for the both of us
Reply 4
Original post by Hopefully1
It is really hard to know if he has lost interest or not. If, as you say, it is just casual then perhaps he enjoys the interaction with you, your conversations etc but he's in general just living his life. Do you take turns initiating contact or do you wait for him? He could be waiting to see if you contact him first. Maybe he's wondering about your interest. Anyway, if you text him and he responds promptly or in what is a normal amount of time for him then I wouldn't worry about it. To be honest, he may not have given you a second thought (I'm not trying to be harsh - honest) but he is comfortable in your friendship/relationship and just didn't text because there wasn't much to say. Who knows.
I don't think you should worry too much about it at this point; but see how he responds the next time you see him or if it takes a long time to respond to your text (or he doesn't respond at all). If you've been seeing him for a little while you should definitely feel comfortable to just ask him about it as well. Good Luck.

We usually take turns texting first. Neither of us have that ohh I texted her/ him first yesterday so I'll wait for her/him to text me today mindset because it really didn't matter. It just seemed like the conversation was always flowing so it didn't even matter who started it. Up until last week we texted every single day for hours and it never got boring. I texted him on Friday night just a little hey but didn't get a reply till Saturday, he's dragged out a convo that should really last 5mins over 4 days because he's been taking partially a whole day to reply to just one msg. I really don't know anymore tbh. I asked him is everything okay between us and he said "lol yeah why". and now he hasn't replied to my msg after that since Sunday. I don't mind him enjoying his life and I'm not saying he has to text me every second of the day but all this is just weird and not like him. Tbh if he's lost interest or doesn't want this thing anymore I rather him just say than be a dick about it by acting like this.
I can totally understand your confusion. Since he has changed his pattern there is a chance that he just wants to move on. I agree with you that it would be better if he'd just say so and not just start ghosting you. Unfortunately ghosting is what a lot of people do and it is so rude! I think if you want answers you are going to have to be the one to ask him what is going on and why he's stopped responding like he normally would. I would tell him what you said here... that you've noticed a change and are confused and if it takes him a while to respond to that then that will be your answer. Good Luck.
Reply 6
Original post by Khalessi_
Don't guys just suck 😪😪😪. I've made the same decision as you to just move on because tbh it seems like he has. Hang in there girl, we're better than this, we don't need them. If they truly cared for us they wouldn't treat us like this. I'm sorry for the both of us

yes they do. but hey did he talk later or anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending