The Student Room Group

Crashing higher physics- tips?

Hi guys, I'll be crashing higher physics when I go back to school, I haven't done it since second year, any tips on how to do well? Should I try and get through the nat 5 course quickly first before I go back? Also I'm taking adv chemistry and biology so hopefully the chemistry may help with physics in some aspects?
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rachelmcl13
Hi guys, I'll be crashing higher physics when I go back to school, I haven't done it since second year, any tips on how to do well? Should I try and get through the nat 5 course quickly first before I go back? Also I'm taking adv chemistry and biology so hopefully the chemistry may help with physics in some aspects?
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I would recommend going through the nat 5 course, but not pressure/radiation, because those things aren't in the new higher course. Everything else in the Nat 5 course is like the building blocks for higher. And yeah, I didn't take chemistry, but a large part of the physics course has sections to do with chemistry in it, so I think you'll have a good head start in that respect.
Reply 2
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

AH Chem isn't going to help you that much with Higher physics tbh. The only overlap is the topic about photons and energy levels which is a small part of your physics course. And yeah, definitely quickly go over nat 5 stuff, Higher physics will be quite difficult without nat 5, its also pretty maths heavy so maybe polish up your algebra as well?
Reply 3
Original post by rebeccas23
Hey, I would recommend going through the nat 5 course, but not pressure/radiation, because those things aren't in the new higher course. Everything else in the Nat 5 course is like the building blocks for higher. And yeah, I didn't take chemistry, but a large part of the physics course has sections to do with chemistry in it, so I think you'll have a good head start in that respect.

Great thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Yammy
AH Chem isn't going to help you that much with Higher physics tbh. The only overlap is the topic about photons and energy levels which is a small part of your physics course. And yeah, definitely quickly go over nat 5 stuff, Higher physics will be quite difficult without nat 5, its also pretty maths heavy so maybe polish up your algebra as well?

Thanks for your help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Buy the How to Pass book. It is the bomb for revision.

Brief look at nat 5 course. It isn't that necessary but stuff like Projectiles, Vectors and left/right hand rules are important. Electricity rules are essential so go over that or you will struggle a lot in that unit. Chem doesn't help that much unless it's problem solving.

Best of luck.
Reply 6
Original post by ....Jeff458
Buy the How to Pass book. It is the bomb for revision.

Brief look at nat 5 course. It isn't that necessary but stuff like Projectiles, Vectors and left/right hand rules are important. Electricity rules are essential so go over that or you will struggle a lot in that unit. Chem doesn't help that much unless it's problem solving.

Best of luck.

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending