The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
Manchester, but I think if I get A*AA (and don't get accepted into Cambridge), I'm going to take a year out to try for a different uni, or a different course at Manchester. Not really sure though

How about you?

Warwick, which I would be really happy to go to, although the first year accommodation would probably not be that great as it's my insurance :P
So how has everyone's first rush of exams been?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty good (except for GCSEs) but I still have one exam left that is Chemistry Unit 1 tomorrow so fingers crossed. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't know about all of those that are sitting them, but it's all making me nervous!
Original post by Gregorius
Don't know about all of those that are sitting them, but it's all making me nervous!

All of us are working very hard to meet that offer. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sat FP3 and FP4, not the best but oh well
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exams not started yet :redface:

It's nice that all of mine will be over in a matter of ten days, I think
Original post by C0balt
Sat FP3 and FP4, not the best but oh well

I am sure it went fine :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't wait for exams to be over and my room and life to cease being a tip
Hey 2016 Offer Holders congratulations to you all! I just wanted to ask whether anyone knows how AS levels that were taken during GCSE years (not part of 4 main A levels) are looked at? especially in the case of below average UMS. do UMS scores for these ASs still need to be given?
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Hey 2016 Offer Holders congratulations to you all! I just wanted to ask whether anyone knows how AS levels that were taken during GCSE years (not part of 4 main A levels) are looked at? especially in the case of below average UMS. do UMS scores for these ASs still need to be given?

Everything needs to be given. Depends we need specifics on what course your looking at and what AS levels they are and the exact UMS marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, all AS marks need to be declared, but for averages etc they only look at Best 3 anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Everything needs to be given. Depends we need specifics on what course your looking at and what AS levels they are and the exact UMS marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm looking at Economics or maybe Maths.

The AS subjects were Citizenship Studies, Science, and English

UMS Breakdowns:

Citizenship Studies: 178/200 (89%)
Unit 1 - 58/80 (72.5%)
Unit 2 - 120/120 (100%)

English: 166/200 (83%)
Unit 1 - 89/120 (74.2%)
Unit 2 - 77/80 (96.3%)

Science: 262/300 (87.3%)
Unit 1 - 77/90 (85.6%)
Unit 2 - 137/150 (91.3%)
Unit 3 - 48/60 (80%)
I'm looking at Economics or maybe Maths.

The AS subjects were Citizenship Studies, Science, and English

UMS Breakdowns:

Citizenship Studies: 178/200 (89%)
Unit 1 - 58/80 (72.5%)
Unit 2 - 120/120 (100%)

English: 166/200 (83%)
Unit 1 - 89/120 (74.2%)
Unit 2 - 77/80 (96.3%)

Science: 262/300 (87.3%)
Unit 1 - 77/90 (85.6%)
Unit 2 - 137/150 (91.3%)
Unit 3 - 48/60 (80%)

They won't harm you in any shape or form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Yes, all AS marks need to be declared, but for averages etc they only look at Best 3 anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I will only have UMS in 2 subjects (Maths and FM) because reforms. Does this mean they will look at my best AS from year 11 as part of my 'best 3' even though it isn't one of my main 4 A-levels (and was sat against my will lol). bc technically i will have 5 ASs but 3 of them from GCSE years.
They won't harm you in any shape or form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if they include them in my best 3 average? even if i got 100,100 in M,FM (the only ASs I'm doing this year bc reforms), then my best 3 average would still be max 96 which wouldn't really be representative. Or do u think they won't use them? but then how will they calculate averages with the reforms?
But I will only have UMS in 2 subjects (Maths and FM) because reforms. Does this mean they will look at my best AS from year 11 as part of my 'best 3' even though it isn't one of my main 4 A-levels (and was sat against my will lol). bc technically i will have 5 ASs but 3 of them from GCSE years.

Even if they do, they literally do not care abot anything other then Maths. I got D in Chemistry AS and still got an offer. Focus on hard maths and getting 95+.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What if they include them in my best 3 average? even if i got 100,100 in M,FM (the only ASs I'm doing this year bc reforms), then my best 3 average would still be max 96 which wouldn't really be representative. Or do u think they won't use them? but then how will they calculate averages with the reforms?

I speculate that they won't bother calculating 3 subject averages, because so few students will have them, but that they will still be very interested in your AS Maths and Further Maths UMS and uninterested in your other AS's. If you get 100% Maths and Further Maths I think you are practically guaranteed an interview and very likely to get an offer unless you really mess up your interview (like you turn up drunk or don't know what the number 7 is).
(edited 7 years ago)
Even if they do, they literally do not care abot anything other then Maths. I got D in Chemistry AS and still got an offer. Focus on hard maths and getting 95+.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thats good to know. does this hold for economics as well as maths?
Original post by sweeneyrod
I speculate that they won't bother calculating 3 subject averages, because so few students will have them, but that they will still be very interested in your AS Maths and Further Maths UMS and uninterested in your other AS's. If you get 100% Maths and Further Maths I think you are practically guaranteed an interview and very likely to get an offer unless you mess up your interview.

ok. btw i was talking hypothetically getting 100% i already know i haven't! (screwed up some stuff on S1 and C1!) but yeah. i wish they made this stuff clearer on their website.

Latest

Trending

Trending