The Student Room Group

Why people should stop hating muslims

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Islam does have its good points as in it forbids forced marriage and all. But to me its bad points stand out way more and you get people who try and say that criticising is bad lmao.

I will do yeah :smile:

Well im kinda one of those ppl xD
I think we should criticise it but only to the point where its useful to society, i.e. making it clear to british muslims that such views are unacceptable without increasing hatred towards muslims and dividing society up, where even the muslims begin to hate the west.
Original post by sainsburys wraps
Same argument constitutes to relentlessly spamming the same things again and again. I hardly ever see an original point about Islam, its always "RELIGION OF PEACE", "MOHAMED WAS A PEDOPHILE", "QURAN CONDONES VIOLENCE" - spamming this helps no one, in fact it encourages Muslims to become isolated from society.

And come on obviously I know what harassment is.

Furthermore why are you focusing so heavily on Islam, you said it yourself - other religions are equally as bad. Why does Islam deserve so much more attention than the others?

I'd say perhaps its been in the media so much more and due to the terrorist attacks. Although nobody on here has said all Muslims are terrorists (if they do they need help), I'd say the terror attacks have shown parts of the violent verses of the Quran ISIS have a very extreme interpretation of.

Because hating on millions is just too much negativity for anyone.
Original post by lolatmaths
Well im kinda one of those ppl xD
I think we should criticise it but only to the point where its useful to society, i.e. making it clear to british muslims that such views are unacceptable without increasing hatred towards muslims and dividing society up, where even the muslims begin to hate the west.

Yeah that would be great and by getting rid of radicalisation etc.
Original post by Kadak
Yawn,these Islam threads are getting boring.

The idea of addressing a major point that is clearly affecting society is 'getting boring?' Please, it's needed more than anything.
Yup a week later we had an assembly on STDs as well and they kept poking me on the back.. Yup that's how friends should act. I don't know why but the hoejabis had some weird thing for dating white guys. I have no idea why!

Anjem C used to do drugs and sleep around too..
Islam will last.....
Original post by Anonymous
Islam will last.....

a lot shorter time than expected...
I'd say perhaps its been in the media so much more and due to the terrorist attacks. Although nobody on here has said all Muslims are terrorists (if they do they need help), I'd say the terror attacks have shown parts of the violent verses of the Quran ISIS have a very extreme interpretation of.

Extremism through religion is also forbidden in Islam.
It's been on the media ever since Israel decided to take on Palestine and own its land. Then George Bush came to america and was like, oh hey lets bomb Iraq. Ever since he's held a grudge against the majority religion in the middle east because it wasn't judaism. Believe it or not, Isis were trained by order from obama /america and now they're running loose and that's why they're on the media. Because they have money and they are trained. (The Israeli government hospitalises Isis soldiers and we can safely say he's a jew).

Also, religion is nothing like mathematics and that's exactly what isis think it is. They take the quran word for word when really it is a piece full of literary devices and more. Additionally, the 'violent verses' were sent down for the people 1400 years ago therefore applying them now is out of context. They're like the parables of a bible, they cannot be applied today.
Original post by eternalhinch
The idea of addressing a major point that is clearly affecting society is 'getting boring?' Please, it's needed more than anything.

It is getting boring because the same ignorant comments a said over and over and quite frankly, it's boring to read. People should maybe educate themselves before they make stupid comments.
a lot shorter time than expected...

Watch and seee....it is a promise from God.
Original post by sainsburys wraps
So why the hell does everyone focus on Islam and ignore Christianity and all the other religions which are equally as delusional and discriminatory?

Well said:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Watch and seee....it is a promise from God.

God actually talked to you? Awesome can you give me his number? I need to ask him why my Amazon delivery hasn't come yet.
Yup a week later we had an assembly on STDs as well and they kept poking me on the back.. Yup that's how friends should act. I don't know why but the hoejabis had some weird thing for dating white guys. I have no idea why!

Anjem C used to do drugs and sleep around too..

Judging from what you two say,there seems to be a divide between Muslim girls and non Muslim girls ,well at least in some urban areas ?In my old school in Essex,the Muslim girls didn't wear hijabs and were not judgemental .Guess I got a bit of a shock when I went to London.
Again,perhaps since they are the type of people they are not supposed to date/talk to,they are more likely to desire them ?Romeo and Juliet effect ?What were these "adventures " ?:colondollar:
God actually talked to you? Awesome can you give me his number? I need to ask him why my Amazon delivery hasn't come yet.

Did you remember to tick next communion delivery?
Original post by XOR_
Did you remember to tick next communion delivery?

**** no I didn't :angry:
Original post by Kadak
Judging from what you two say,there seems to be a divide between Muslim girls and non Muslim girls ,well at least in some urban areas ?In my old school in Essex,the Muslim girls didn't wear hijabs and were not judgemental .Guess I got a bit of a shock when I went to London.
Again,perhaps since they are the type of people they are not supposed to date/talk to,they are more likely to desire them ?Romeo and Juliet effect ?What were these "adventures " ?:colondollar:

There were some lovely hijabis at my old school but I noticed some of them from both my old school and my current school have this weird fascination with white guys and dating them. One of my white mates picked me up when he saw me after ages and a bunch of them got so annoyed.

You really don't want to know :' )
**** no I didn't :angry:

There were some lovely hijabis at my old school but I noticed some of them from both my old school and my current school have this weird fascination with white guys and dating them. One of my white mates picked me up when he saw me after ages and a bunch of them got so annoyed.

You really don't want to know :' )

But the more you say this ,the more I want to know :frown:.I am 18 plus :colone:.
And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper. surah 2:120

Nice joke. You know it is the truth. Try your best to get rid of it but obviously God knows best.
Original post by James82
=

Nazism was bad, but Nazis were good.

Most of the soldiers fighting for the Nazis didn't actually realise the true extent of what was going on within the concentration camps. They were just soldiers fighting for their country.

Dunno how that relates to Islam, but I thought I'd throw it in there nonetheless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending