The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HFBS
On a scale of 1 to 10, how threatened by my independence did you need to feel to be so very rude?

As it happens I am divorced, and the freedom I have now is something I treasure. I would love to find a man (not a boy) who has something to add to my life, but as you have just shown, the man who isn't threatened by a woman's independence is a rare one. You can continue to try to shame women into settling for a boy, or just maybe you could become a really amazing man who can respect a woman and be an equal partner.

OK, then well nothing I wrote applies to you. Everyone's a winner.
Reply 141
Original post by Nidhoggr

Except the single guys who want a girl, of course! :wink:
You might regret it when you don't want to die alone and you already are ugly and wrinkly with 50+ cats
Original post by Nidhoggr

Im not sure if those things apply to me either, I've just always kept to myself and been busy with sport so haven't really found anyone that I've liked. Back at college I was very quiet not many were interested in me they went for the popular girls so I just thought sod them, I've just remained on my own and kept myself fit lol. I do like my own company too though I haven't bothered with sex or anything. Some women don't want kids so fertility is not an issue to them. I know several people who have met someone in their 40's/50's

Though for the women that have slept about well plenty of guys do the same thing but for some reason people seem to get bitter and annoyed when girls do it so try to attack them on the one thing they can..age and use some evolution theory to back it up. Girls who think they are gods gift and expect everything from men annoy me to and yes as they lose their looks they are going to need something to fall back on. Sure there arn't as many options as people age but everyone knows that people can meet others at any age. I could choose to be bitter about the guys that rejected/ignored me as looking on Facebook many of them are overweight and have lost their hair, I don't go posting about it though lol.
Original post by stefano865
Haha :tongue:

Someone noticed. :colondollar:

Spoiler

Aww that's a shame.
you do you pal, you do you.

Also, in the modern world does anyone need anyone?
(edited 7 years ago)
can we please conclude.
majority of women don't *need* men.
majority of women want men ALOT whether they admit it or not, unless they're bisexual or some crap they probably still want men anyway.

we <3 men, even though they're *******s.
we prefer when they're not ******* but we love them anyway.

end of.
Based on my experiences, I think a lot of women would agree with you OP. Trust me, the feeling is mutual.
That's not true. By 60 - 80 most men are dying anyway, as women out live men, all women end up on their own even widows. Silly comment. I agree with the statement women don't need men, they are outdated dinosaurs
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by hezzlington
Relationships aren't about what you gain and 'what's in it for you'.. It's about what you can offer another person.

So much wisdom :h:,that is what I heard a really good relationship advisor say.
Original post by Sarahsez
As a woman I honestly don't feel like I need a man relationship wise. What could a man offer me?

I make my own money and pay my own bills. I have a nice car. Kids? Sperm donor or just buy a dog. Sex? Vibrator(most men are rubbish in bed) or a FWB would do. protection? Police(note: 2 women a week are killed by their partners so maybe we need protection from them instead) . I can fix my own thing -well I can change a bulb, do the D.I,Y etc

Conversation? I get that at work and with friends. Emotional comfort? Women are better at it so one of my female friends will do.

Oh and I forgot to add that married women are the most unhappiest people- various studies support this. After the glamour of the big wedding wears off most women come to the realisation that they f'ed up. Besides how many men out there truly respect they wives and not expect them to be they second mothers or servants.

Lol I have seen so many women like you. Its not that you hate men or dont need men, you just havent come across any real men yet. When you meet a real man that knows how to take charge and assert his masculinity, then you will be begging to see him. You'll probably scoff at this, but deep down you know you'd love to be with an alpha male.

Also, your stats on married women being the unhappiest are BS. The unhappiest women are actually single women post 35, who realise that feminism sold them a crock of lies, and married life isnt easy and it may not be as exciting as single life, but its a hell of a lot more fulfilling than coming home to an empty home and your cat every night.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 151
a society without men would be a society that basically wouldn't innovate, so, women really do need men
men are the people who come up with all the new and bright ideas. how many nobel prize winners were women in the last 100 years?
out of all the geniuses in the world, what % of them are female?
I'm not being sexist, this is just a fact. men are much more likely to be innovators than women, statistically speaking.
I'm not saying men don't "need" women, I'm simply saying that you can't really say women don't need men
and in fact - a sperm donor *is* a man. you need a man to get any sperm.
(edited 6 years ago)
Sex robots will be the end of man
Original post by SGHD26716
You'll be robbing your child of a male presence, which in my mind a child needs. Both a father and a mother. Otherwise that is unfair on the child

I couldn't agree more with this.

I see a lot of "I don't need a partner to have children" chat here. That is abhorrent. You need to be with someone—ideally, a legal spouse who cannot abandon the child with as much ease as someone you aren't married to—in order to naturally conceive and successfully raise a child. How selfish must you be to think a child is an accessory; a mere means to an end in your campaign of selfishness? A child is neither a stuffed toy to cuddle up to in bed, nor is it a pet. Children must be kept out of this ludicrous gender wars. It's pathetic.

Just as it takes two to create a child, it take two to raise one properly. No matter how amazing a mother or father you think you are or could be, there are certain things you simply cannot provide for your child. These are things money cannot buy. Sons need fathers and mothers just as daughters need mothers and fathers. The two roles are very much complementary and cannot ever be substituted. A father could never influence a child the way their mother does, and vice-versa. Single parenthood is not natural at all. It is one of the main reasons society is quickly falling apart.

I'm sure you already know this, but it's worth reiterating that children from single parent homes are more likely to: have lower educational and economic attainment, show serious behavioural problems in school, suffer from mental health problems, commit more crime and have more unfulfilling adulthoods—in comparison to their counterparts from traditional families. Consider the following studies for more information:

http://jultika.oulu.fi/files/isbn9514259416.pdf

https://www.jstor.org/stable/584296?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

http://www.euro.centre.org/data/1185183534_88045.pdf

(Not an academic study, but still): http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2012/07/single_motherhood_worse_for_children_.html
Original post by Sarahsez
I have never been in a relationship before.Maybe it's that lol

Which came first though?

Are you single because of your attitude towards men and relationships, or have you developed this attitude because you've been single all your life?

:confused:
Reply 155
Thankfully OPs view seems to be in the minority
Reply 156
0/8 bait

Any1 from hltv here?
Reply 157
Women need a man in their life like men need multiple women in their life. You're telling yourself a lie.
Reply 158
Original post by shirt
a society without men would be a society that basically wouldn't innovate, so, women really do need men
men are the people who come up with all the new and bright ideas. how many nobel prize winners were women in the last 100 years?
out of all the geniuses in the world, what % of them are female?
I'm not being sexist, this is just a fact. men are much more likely to be innovators than women, statistically speaking.
I'm not saying men don't "need" women, I'm simply saying that you can't really say women don't need men
and in fact - a sperm donor *is* a man. you need a man to get any sperm.

Ofcourse we need men. But do we still need to marry them?
You need men for the ****ing!

Latest

Trending

Trending