The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

How difficult is it to get into LSE?

What type of AS-level and IGCSE grades does the average offer-holder have at LSE?
Statistically, it seems to be the most difficult university to be accepted to in the UK with an average acceptance rate of 8%.
Reply 1
Depends on the course. Economics is really competitive, so is Law. Some of the other subjects aren't as hard to get into.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
For economics, you basically need all As and a internship and a Bank and some major achievement like you set up a charity that helped a 100 people or something or created an amazing piece of software
Reply 3
Original post by jon2016
For economics, you basically need all As and a internship and a Bank and some major achievement like you set up a charity that helped a 100 people or something or created an amazing piece of software

I'm specifically looking at the Maths+econ course.
I'm not taking any A-Level social science. But I have done research in a university on diabetes and published a paper on it. I don't think they would give sh*t for it.
I'm more of a science based student
Comparable to Bolton in terms of the selection process
Reply 5
Original post by Exceptional
Comparable to Bolton in terms of the selection process

And....what is that?
Original post by KingYusHalo
And....what is that?

Rigorous.
And....what is that?

Do not believe anything. I'd say it's more comparable to Glyndwr.
Original post by The gains kinggg

Glyndwr is in another league.
Reply 9
Original post by The gains kinggg

What the sh*t is glyndwyr?
What type of AS-level and IGCSE grades does the average offer-holder have at LSE?Statistically, it seems to be the most difficult university to be accepted to in the UK with an average acceptance rate of 8%.

My friend has an offer for economics. She has 5 A*s at GCSE, 4As at AS and predicted all As and A*s at A2.
What the sh*t is glyndwyr?

A Uni which is most comparable to the rigours of applying to LSE.
LSE is very competitive. Their decisions tend to be very academic based, and so they consider your GCSE, A2 results and most importantly your target grades for Year 13 a tad more than other unis may. For example, I got an offer from them for Maths with Economics to start in September, and I got: 2A*'s, 8A's and a B in GCSE, AAAC in Year 12, and my target grades were A*AA, which is exactly the grades I need to get into LSE. However, if your school isn't very academic and you do well, its slightly easier to get an offer, since it shows that even with a lack of resources etc you still do well. You don't need super fancy experience, but I did a 2 week summer school and a few internships with financial companies. Hope that helped a bit.

If you have any questions, do ask :smile:
Reply 13
So did you do the summer school and internships in a gap year?
Is it easier to get in after a gap year if you enrich your CV? What things would you recommend?
(Original post by PiecesofKash)LSE is very competitive. Their decisions tend to be very academic based, and so they consider your GCSE, A2 results and most importantly your target grades for Year 13 a tad more than other unis may. For example, I got an offer from them for Maths with Economics to start in September, and I got: 2A*'s, 8A's and a B in GCSE, AAAC in Year 12, and my target grades were A*AA, which is exactly the grades I need to get into LSE. However, if your school isn't very academic and you do well, its slightly easier to get an offer, since it shows that even with a lack of resources etc you still do well. You don't need super fancy experience, but I did a 2 week summer school and a few internships with financial companies. Hope that helped a bit.

Original post by PiecesofKash
LSE is very competitive. Their decisions tend to be very academic based, and so they consider your GCSE, A2 results and most importantly your target grades for Year 13 a tad more than other unis may. For example, I got an offer from them for Maths with Economics to start in September, and I got: 2A*'s, 8A's and a B in GCSE, AAAC in Year 12, and my target grades were A*AA, which is exactly the grades I need to get into LSE. However, if your school isn't very academic and you do well, its slightly easier to get an offer, since it shows that even with a lack of resources etc you still do well. You don't need super fancy experience, but I did a 2 week summer school and a few internships with financial companies. Hope that helped a bit.

Reply 14
It’s really competitive, I only got an offer after I finished my a levels and applied during my gap year🙂. Let me know if you’d like any help

Quick Reply

Latest