The Student Room Group

How badly did I **** it up? (Be gentle with me tsr) -AS lit

I think the exam board is aqa, so that is a great start. Well anyhow I did the post 1900 text paper on the 26th and thought it went pretty well. Until I realised I hadn't actually referred to the comment given in the question of the streetcar question. The streetcar question gave a viewpoint on Blanche's inability to tolerate a naked lightbulb showing her being unable to face reality (or something along those lines- the question then said to discuss the role of Blanche. Now I did the latter very well, with context and with things I feel very well and subtle within the text. (I had been getting A-s in the streetcar essays prior to this exam) I managed to include critics (I hope two- I always forget to put them in past the plan) and evaluate them too. However I never discussed the light bulb (more than in a 4/5 word bracket) in the entire essay. I talked about the role of Blanche and her inability to face reality- I JUST FORGOT THE BLOODY BULB.

Can someone give me some reassurance I mean I am lucky enough to have finished my exams- most have gone okay (not to jinkx it) yet I would like to be able to wake up and look at my light and not think "oh you ****ing idiot"
please guys.
Well you're gonna learn it the hard way. Exam failure is NOT the end of the world for you. You'll be laughing to the bank with your £24k job when your peers have spent a year looking for work after they graduate - and wonder why they aren't getting any.
Original post by shawn_o1
Well you're gonna learn it the hard way. Exam failure is NOT the end of the world for you. You'll be laughing to the bank with your £24k job when your peers have spent a year looking for work after they graduate - and wonder why they aren't getting any.

so basically this was a deal breaker?
Original post by Magicaltoaster
so basically this was a deal breaker?

Yeah, basically if you fail your exams you'll look for work earlier, and with the right attitude you'll have three years of experience at work when your peers graduate, and you can get "any" job you want :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
You'll probs still manage to get a C or B.
Original post by shawn_o1
Yeah, basically if you fail your exams you'll look for work earlier, and with the right attitude you'll have three years of experience at work when your peers graduate, and you can get "any" job you want :wink:

this is the only subject I wasn't predicted an A on, and even then I was predicted an A- and a B+ for these book in this paper- I just ****ed up the question I was predicted an A on.........

Does it sort of refer to the question if you talked about her inability to face reality but mentioned the light bulb? The question was confusing because it said that but then in also later said about the role of Blanche.....
D.

But you can always retake it if you are not satisfied with your result.

Quick Reply

Latest