The Student Room Group

Why people should stop hating muslims

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cobalt_
What lol.
Thats not even a good comparison at all.

Yes they are proportional but that doesn't change a single thing.
Islam is a belief system which is open to criticism and a lot of it. Simple fact.
Muslims are people who shouldn't be attacked for having a certain belief system.

A better comparison would be; to disagree and criticise left winged politics but you wouldn't attack an indidvual who agreed with left winged politics would you?
Yes they're proportional but do you not see the difference.

One is criticising a belief structure. One is criticising a human being for following a belief.

Funny because most religious people understand that concept quite well, they have no trouble insulting Christianity etc but wont criticise Christians themselves.

Hmmmmm.
Take care.

Criticising a belief... Where do beliefs come from? People. Who follows those beliefs? The same people who happen to make up the belief or have validated the belief between themselves therefore when criticising a belief structure you're also criticising the human who believes in that structure. Is that not true?

A lot of people who criticise christianity, as I've witnessed, tend to criticise christians on behalf of criticising their belief structure.
Original post by sainsburys wraps
What a stupid mindset.

"Yeah mate your religion is disgusting, everything you know to be true about God is a filthy lie, it is repulsive, your family are evil and worship a stupid religion, your prophet was a pedo and you follow a religion which violates democracy and hates gay people and justifies killing people bla bla bla, but you're an alright guy I guess :smile: :smile: :smile:"

You can't insult Islam without implicitly insulting its followers, get out of your stuck up mindset and realise that spamming hate speech about Islam is not the solution.

Peak for you, because people are gonna slam Islam, like how Muhammad slammed Aisha, and Muslims are just going to have to accept it.
Original post by Collombia
Peak for you, because people are gonna slam Islam, like how Muhammad slammed Aisha, and Muslims are just going to have to accept it.

Go read a book, maybe that'll help your loose intellect.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Go read a book, maybe that'll help your loose intellect.

You know it's true.
Original post by James82
=

Nazism was bad, but Nazis were good.

No, Nazism defining characteristic belief is the belief of racial superiority, which is obviously an evil and unacceptable belief. Islam's defining characteristic beliefs are known as the 5 Pillars of Islam which are:

Shahadah: sincerely reciting the Muslim profession of faith

Salat: performing ritual prayers in the proper way five times each day

Zakat: paying an alms (or charity) tax to benefit the poor and the needy

Sawm: fasting during the month of Ramadan

Hajj: pilgrimage to Mecca

The first one, in case not clear, is just saying the words: I profess that there is only one God and Muhammed's his prophet.

No matter how evil the Quran is, a Muslim, by definition, does not necessarily follow all what's written in it or anything that is said by the prophet. Therefore, any directed hate towards all Muslims, not Islam, is unjustified, as their lowest common factor belief is not by any reasonable man's definition evil.

Of course a lot of Muslims follow the Quran, but not all do, hence why the distinction needs to be made.
You know it's true.

What? That you need to educate yourself on Islam and the life of the prophet before arguing a point against it as if you know it all? Yes, of course it's true.

You know, advice is for free, grasp it while you can.
No one hates on voltage, the only hate on current - perfectly acceptable.

Although that doesn't make sense because they're directly proportional, just as Islam and muslims are...

Hmmmmmmm.

Take care.

That, in all honestly, is absolutely facile.
I hate Islam with my guts. I believe it's the reason for everything wrong in the Middle East, it is an abhorrent belief system and, to say the least, fictional.

However, I don't hate all Muslims, or any Muslim, without understanding their specific points of view first. Why? Because I understand the power of indoctrination and that not every Muslim has sat down and analysed the Quran the way I did. I also understand their is something called interpretation, and that the Quran has the potential for a peaceful interpretation.

As to your analogy, current is a direct spawn of voltage, Muslims aren't a direct spawn of Islam. The relationship between Muslims and Islam is far, far more complex than V = I*r. If all Muslims had a literal interpretation of the Quran, and applied that interpretation to their life, I would hate them all, but they don't so I don't.
(edited 7 years ago)
What? That you need to educate yourself on Islam and the life of the prophet before arguing a point against it as if you know it all? Yes, of course it's true.

You know, advice is for free, grasp it while you can.

As Pat Condell once said, 'If you made it up from scratch today [Islam], you'd be locked up for your own good.'

While I'm not a huge fan of Jesus, the Prophet Muhammed isn't exactly a role model for children either, he was just some fabricating illiterate Arab gangster (not to offend Arabs of course).
Original post by PrinceAli
eh.
I believe in Islam yet I'm a feminist, a very strong supporter of gay marriage even when I was called a loony for it, somewhat pacifistic and I have not got a single drop of racism inside me. :smile:

If you're talking about radical Islam then I agree with you - or even some aspects of moderate Islam. Don't lump us all please.

Islam advocates everything you stand against. However, you are a reasonable member of society. That's why people hate the doctrine of Islam, but not all it's followers, because of people like you who have a more peaceful interpretation of it.
Original post by oShahpo
That, in all honestly, is absolutely facile.
I hate Islam with my guts. I believe it's the reason for everything wrong in the Middle East, it is an abhorrent belief system and, to say the least, fictional.

However, I don't hate all Muslims, or any Muslim, without understanding their specific points of view first. Why? Because I understand the power of indoctrination and that not every Muslim has sat down and analysed the Quran the way I did. I also understand their is something called interpretation, and that the Quran has the potential for a peaceful interpretation.

As to your analogy, current is a direct spawn of voltage, Muslims aren't a direct spawn of Islam. The relationship between Muslims and Islam is far, far more complex than V = I*r. If all Muslims had a literal interpretation of the Quran, and applied that interpretation to their life, I would hate them all, but they don't so I don't.

There's only one true essence of islam which is the peaceful side some fail to follow and comprehend. Each person has their own way of applying the guidelines of the quran into their life according to whom they're surrounded by and where they are.
Despite the definition of current, ideally, muslims should be the spawn of Islam (metaphorically speaking).

Islam is not the reason everything is wrong in the middle east. The Saudi King and his family, the invasive israeli's and uneducated 'preachers' are the reason for the ruin of the middle east.
As Pat Condell once said, 'If you made it up from scratch today [Islam], you'd be locked up for your own good.'

While I'm not a huge fan of Jesus, the Prophet Muhammed isn't exactly a role model for children either, he was just some fabricating illiterate Arab gangster (not to offend Arabs of course).

He has his good moments. He was not as peaceful as Jesus, but he is a genius. A man, in a desert, at 40 years of age, convinces people that he's godsent and builds an empire that's lasted for 1.5 thousand years. He, and whoever wrote the Quran given that he was illiterate, is a genius.

Do yourself justice and just keep it shut.
Do yourself justice and just keep it shut.

You haven't even refuted anything that I've said...
You haven't even refuted anything that I've said...

Because quite frankly I'm too sleepy to and silence is the best reply to a fool.
There's only one true essence of islam which is the peaceful side some fail to follow and comprehend. Each person has their own way of applying the guidelines of the quran into their life according to whom they're surrounded by and where they are.
Despite the definition of current, ideally, muslims should be the spawn of Islam (metaphorically speaking).

Islam is not the reason everything is wrong in the middle east. The Saudi King and his family, the invasive israeli's and uneducated 'preachers' are the reason for the ruin of the middle east.

"Despite the definition of current, ideally, muslims should be the spawn of Islam (metaphorically speaking)."
There is a difference between what "should" and what "is". The relationship between Muslims and Islam in these times is not that simple.

Their is no true essence of Islam. I read Arabic, and let me tell you, the Quran, every word of it, can be interpreted in a million ways. If there was a true essence of Islam, perhaps there would not have been such division between Muslims worldwide. Why do you think your peaceful interpretation of the Quran is more valid than ISIS's or Al-Qaeda's ?
I will Criticize anything and everything that needs to be criticized, Islam is somthing that needs to be criticized as it holds and promotes crazy and oppressive beliefs, the high up Muslim preachers preach intolerance in the name of a false god.
While obviously not all Muslims are bad Islam as it stands now is
Original post by oShahpo
"Despite the definition of current, ideally, muslims should be the spawn of Islam (metaphorically speaking)."
There is a difference between what "should" and what "is". The relationship between Muslims and Islam in these times is not that simple.

Their is no true essence of Islam. I read Arabic, and let me tell you, the Quran, every word of it, can be interpreted in a million ways. If there was a true essence of Islam, perhaps there would not have been such division between Muslims worldwide. Why do you think your peaceful interpretation of the Quran is more valid than ISIS's or Al-Qaeda's ?

Same could be said about anything, even humanity itself. If there was a true essence to humanity then why is there so many divisions blah blah.
Original post by AperfectBalance
I will Criticize anything and everything that needs to be criticized, Islam is somthing that needs to be criticized as it holds and promotes crazy and oppressive beliefs, the high up Muslim preachers preach intolerance in the name of a false god.
While obviously not all Muslims are bad Islam as it stands now is

Apparently, there are now multiple islams. Clarify the one you're talking about.
Same could be said about anything, even humanity itself. If there was a true essence to humanity then why is there so many divisions blah blah.

Yea, pretty much. That's why you can hate Communism, Capitalism, Animals Rights, Human Rights, Humanism, Intellectualism, or anything you like, without actually hating it's followers.
Apparently, there are now multiple islams. Clarify the one you're talking about.

Islamic countries and the religious officials they have. Muslims are people Islam is a idea, just like how Christianity is not a person but a idea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending