The Student Room Group

Feeling bad after blocking someone.

A few days ago I deleted the number of someone who I love and care about then blocked him. I had already asked this person some weeks back not to contact me and he has complied so far. But at the time I blocked him I was full of anger at how much he hurt me and acted on my emotions. Right after the blocking I felt a rush of satisfaction but am starting to feel guilty.

The truth is that it may have been the right thing to do, as he is no loss. He brought no good into my life and towards the end there was only pain, but I loved him enough to overlook this. I don't believe it was a give-and-take relationship; by the end I started to see just how one-sided it really was. The very few things I got from him I can easily get from elsewhere, so I most likely will never speak to him again. Yet he's not a bad person so I couldn't feel spiteful towards him for very long, which is why I feel bad. How can I deal with these feelings of guilt?
Original post by WBZ144
A few days ago I deleted the number of someone who I love and care about then blocked him. I had already asked this person some weeks back not to contact me and he has complied so far. But at the time I blocked him I was full of anger at how much he hurt me and acted on my emotions. Right after the blocking I felt a rush of satisfaction but am starting to feel guilty.

The truth is that it may have been the right thing to do, as he is no loss. He brought no good into my life and towards the end there was only pain, but I loved him enough to overlook this. I don't believe it was a give-and-take relationship; by the end I started to see just how one-sided it really was. The very few things I got from him I can easily get from elsewhere, so I most likely will never speak to him again. Yet he's not a bad person so I couldn't feel spiteful towards him for very long, which is why I feel bad. How can I deal with these feelings of guilt?

Just know:

Just as rules are made to be broken, people are made to be blocked.
I think it's perfectly fine to feel some regret. You are feeling emotional but eventually you will move on. Blocking him is the first step. If all he did was cause you pain then he really is not worth going back to. You deserve better. :redface:
Original post by Legendary Quest
I think it's perfectly fine to feel some regret. You are feeling emotional but eventually you will move on. Blocking him is the first step. If all he did was cause you pain then he really is not worth going back to. You deserve better. :redface:

You're right; definitely not worth it. I was just felt bad because he takes these things personally. But moving on and healing comes first, I guess :smile:
Original post by WBZ144
You're right; definitely not worth it. I was just felt bad because he takes these things personally. But moving on and healing comes first, I guess :smile:

It is. Don't allow yourself to get into a cycle where he does something wrong, apologises, you forgive, then he does something wrong again. It's not healthy :redface:

Hope it all goes well. :h:
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Just know:

Just as rules are made to be broken, people are made to be blocked.

Ooo thats a keeper
It is. Don't allow yourself to get into a cycle where he does something wrong, apologises, you forgive, then he does something wrong again. It's not healthy :redface:

Hope it all goes well. :h:

Don't worry, it has been a month and a half since we last spoke and despite the occasional wallowing I realise how much better off I am every day. There's no way I will go back to square one :biggrin:
Original post by WBZ144
Don't worry, it has been a month and a half since we last spoke and despite the occasional wallowing I realise how much better off I am every day. There's no way I will go back to square one :biggrin:

That's good. If you ever feel like going back to him just listen to a few Beyonce songs. It will automatically make you feel so much better :lol:
That's good. If you ever feel like going back to him just listen to a few Beyonce songs. It will automatically make you feel so much better :lol:

Haha, will keep that in mind :lol:
Had a similar thing happen to me, where this person basically lied, got caught, and would rant about how much their life sucked, and use guilt tactics, then say sorry, rinse and repeat. They did/said something to me that made me finally fed up with them and their behavior. They were threatening to block me, but instead kept on replying anyways. So, later on that night, I decided I needed to end it. Left them a message, and they were blocked on all of their known accounts. I should preface, that we only met online. Never did meet them irl. Glad it didn't get to that point, to be honest. They even wanted to do a discord call with me after years of knowing me, but did so with the other girl they had dangling from their rope of lies, but something stalled me, and I guess, I'm glad I didn't. Wouldn't be missing much with a voice call, might've probably make things worse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending