The Student Room Group

Why people should stop hating muslims

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oShahpo
Yea, pretty much. That's why you can hate Communism, Capitalism, Animals Rights, Human Rights, Humanism, Intellectualism, or anything you like, without actually hating it's followers.

Hmmm, well... True. Point made.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Islamic countries and the religious officials they have. Muslims are people Islam is a idea, just like how Christianity is not a person but a idea

No officials or politicians are completely right.
The genuine idea of Islam is not a false one.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Because quite frankly I'm too sleepy to and silence is the best reply to a fool.

And even more ad hominems...
Original post by Collombia
And even more ad hominems...

Mkay.
This whole conversation is subjective anyway, so I would resort to an ad hominem eventually.
No officials or politicians are completely right.
The genuine idea of Islam is not a false one.

Hope this is sarcasm
Muslim officials have said women wearing seatbelts causes rolled up pelvises, this causes "defective babies" Women not being modest CAUSES EARTHQUAKES.
Bunch of idiots. and the Idea of Any religion is false, Allah does not exist and people should not be using his name to justify awful things they do.
Did anyone actually watch the video? I mean I didn't but... no-one seems to be talking about it! :lol:
Criticising a belief... Where do beliefs come from? People. Who follows those beliefs? The same people who happen to make up the belief or have validated the belief between themselves therefore when criticising a belief structure you're also criticising the human who believes in that structure. Is that not true?

A lot of people who criticise christianity, as I've witnessed, tend to criticise christians on behalf of criticising their belief structure.

You realise you just state Islam comes from people right?
Glad we're on the same page. Man made belief structure with no divine deity.

Which is open to criticism.
Hmmm, well... True. Point made.

Yet you cant apply this to Islam.

Another follower of Islam with an ego trip.
Reply 128
Peace.
Original post by oShahpo
"Despite the definition of current, ideally, muslims should be the spawn of Islam (metaphorically speaking)."
There is a difference between what "should" and what "is". The relationship between Muslims and Islam in these times is not that simple.

Their is no true essence of Islam. I read Arabic, and let me tell you, the Quran, every word of it, can be interpreted in a million ways. If there was a true essence of Islam, perhaps there would not have been such division between Muslims worldwide. Why do you think your peaceful interpretation of the Quran is more valid than ISIS's or Al-Qaeda's ?

Even IS and Al-Qaeda are at war with each other.

The nutters can't agree on the same brand of lunacy ffs.
Reply 130
Original post by James82
Not really, people living in Saudi Arabia who are hard line Islamists are already living in a country that supports their ideals, so why would the join ISIS. People living in England who share those ideals would be more inclined to move to live under a regime they support.

Did you know that nearly every middle eastern country hates Saudi Arabia. I have friend's which are middle eastern who agree with this statement. Saudi Arabia kill Muslims and stone Muslims so why would any Muslim like Saudi Arabia. Please don't expect anyone to speak out, like that young boy from Saudi Arabia who was only 16, protesting was killed for doing so. Therefore not everyone supports their ideals.
Original post by James82
They knew people were being tortured and killed, what extent of torturing and killing do you need to know about before you think it's a bad thing?

Nazi soldier in your scenario: "I only thought it was a few thousand people that were being summarily executed so I didn't have a problem with it, If I knew it was 6 or 7 million I would have been outraged"

Torture and killings happen in war, genocide and "scientific experiments" are something else.

I'm not debating the morality with it with you because I can hardly argue that one murder is less moral than another, so we'd largely be arguing the same point.
Original post by KingYusHalo
I don't get it. Your argument on how *****y hijabi girls are has no relation with Islam. They are people too.....but with a scarf around their heads.

What me and were trying to say was the sheer hypocrisy of some hijabis because they preach chastity and modesty but they go off and give people head and do other haraam things.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Hope this is sarcasm
Muslim officials have said women wearing seatbelts causes rolled up pelvises, this causes "defective babies" Women not being modest CAUSES EARTHQUAKES.
Bunch of idiots. and the Idea of Any religion is false, Allah does not exist and people should not be using his name to justify awful things they do.

Well, obviously that is in no way logical. They're just sexist biggots.
Original post by Cobalt_
You realise you just state Islam comes from people right?
Glad we're on the same page. Man made belief structure with no divine deity.

Which is open to criticism.

Of course it's man made as is any other belief, it's not that deep man.
Original post by Cobalt_
Yet you cant apply this to Islam.

Another follower of Islam with an ego trip.

Sorry what? Lol.
Original post by James82
You're one of the minority of Muslims I wouldn't hate, unfortunately the majority of Muslims in this country hold views that I hate.

Oh thank you :smile:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Oh thank you :smile:

Why are you thanking him for his approval?
You don't need it.
Why are you thanking him for his approval?
You don't need it.

I just want everyone to get along, so the world can become a better place, but sorry about that. :tongue:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I just want everyone to get along, so the world can become a better place, but sorry about that. :tongue:

Lol, you don't have to justify yourself to a very ignorant person who claims to hate most muslims and says that your views oppose islam when they really don't.
Just saying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending