The Student Room Group

Are Sharia patrols even a bad thing?

Essentially they were just doing the job that parents, police and education in much of London were not. Although I've started to see more police on the beat again, its nowhere near pro-active or paternal enough. A firm hand that intervenes when it sees the youth indulging in immoral behaviours - much like a bitter tasting medicine - ultimately can do the society nothing but good in the long term.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes they are a bad thing.
Reply 2
We all know how this thread will end up like :unimpressed:
Original post by Malayali Ali
Essentially they were just doing the job that parents, police and education in much of London were not. Although I've started to see more police on the beat again, its nowhere near pro-active or paternal enough. A firm hand that intervenes when it sees the youth indulging in immoral behaviours - much like a bitter tasting medicine - ultimately can do the society nothing but good in the long term.

Im gona start Betelgeuse patrol to conter act behaviours i deem "immoral". In my patrol area, everybody must do as i say or face the violent repercussions
Reply 4
Are you serious? Enforcing Sharia law on the streets of London in a Christian country is acceptable? I'd be interested to see what happens if a Christian patrol was set up in Saudi Arabia.
Yes, they are. Considering this 'service', which is what you imply it to be, is both unlawful and unwanted by those subject to it, there's no reason why anybody that doesn't salivate over the idea of a police state wouldn't think they were a bad thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
No thanks.
I'd rather follow the rule of law created by elected politicians than follow a set of guide lines created for life in a desert hundreds of years ago which are incredibly out of date & mostly incompatible with British values.
Original post by ATW1
Are you serious? Enforcing Sharia law on the streets of London in a Christian country is acceptable? I'd be interested to see what happens if a Christian patrol was set up in Saudi Arabia.

They dont need such a thing. Saudi functions pretty nicely, crime is incredibly low, the standard of living is amazing. Women are actually treated like queens.
Oh boy I love oppression
Original post by Tempest II
No thanks.
I'd rather follow the rule of law created by elected politicians than follow a set of guide lines created for life in a desert hundreds of years ago which are incredibly out of date & mostly incompatible with British values.

There are no British values. They just live on animal instinct. The government aint doing a very effective job, infact all governments since the 60s have dismantled the trad family/trad morality.
Reply 10
They dont need such a thing. Saudi functions pretty nicely, crime is incredibly low, the standard of living is amazing. Women are actually treated like queens.
Haha, are these the same women that aren't even permitted to drive a car?
Original post by ATW1

I'd like to see the mercy of Christian law on Saudi Arabias insanely extreme monarch.

Voting for.
Original post by ATW1
Haha, are these the same women that aren't even permitted to drive a car?

In laws/husband chauffeur them. Its a pampered life they lead.
There are no British values. They just live on animal instinct.

Ah, the old 'non-Muslims are just wild animals with no self-control' babble. I'll be sitting right on the edge of my seat for the rest of your amazing revelations. :rolleyes:
Reply 14

Oh Poe's Law, why must you tease us so...

Police Community Support officers deal with low level behavioural issues. There is no need for Sharia patrols.

Have you ever been to Bahrain when it's the Saudi weekend? You'd love it. Thousands of Saudis go over for the weekend to get drunk & have some fun with "ladies of the night". Shouldn't you impose your will on other Muslims before you come after us?
No, of course not, we all love a bit of oppression and fairy-tale misogynistic, homophobic and all-in-all stupid laws enforced upon us everyone once in a while, don't we?
Original post by Powersymphonia
Police Community Support officers deal with low level behavioural issues. There is no need for Sharia patrols.

Unless they are versed in and implement the Deen its just polishing a turd. Its not good enough to just behave quietly on a night out, the youth need to be dressed properly, not consuming alcohol, be restricted to certain times of the day...possibly even a blanket curfew for certain period of the year like the exam season.
There are no British values. They just live on animal instinct. The government aint doing a very effective job, infact all governments since the 60s have dismantled the trad family/trad morality.

I guess we don't have:

Human Rights
Freedom of Speech
Democracy
Freedom of Religion

Maybe I should go to Saudi for these instead?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending