The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

fine whatever I can't do anything right. I won't be posting on here again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cinnie
fine whatever I can't do anything right

You're far from the only culprit! :nah: We all have to do our bit to protect each other, that's all. Spoilering something and adding a trigger warning only takes an extra 10 seconds :smile:
Original post by Airmed
Boyfriend has went home for the summer. Won't see him until mid July. I've been close to tears all day and I have cried a few times. Feel so alone. :cry2:

*Sending hugs* July isn't all that far away, fingers crossed June will fly by for you.
Been an absolute wreck most of this evening, way too weak. All because of one guy :frown:
Original post by Airmed
Boyfriend has went home for the summer. Won't see him until mid July. I've been close to tears all day and I have cried a few times. Feel so alone. :cry2:

Awh :jumphug: I'm sorry to hear this :sad: you'll be together again soon before you know it! You know where to find me lovely :hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
x

Well said! /cc. @Deyesy & @furryface12
I know I made a brief mention to weight a few days ago, so apologies. I usually think before I post but I wasn't in the best frame of minds. :getmecoat:

Original post by iEthan
Awh :jumphug: I'm sorry to hear this :sad: you'll be together again soon before you know it! You know where to find me lovely :hugs:

I still miss him and I hate it. :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
I know I made a brief mention to weight a few days ago, so apologies. I usually think before I post but I wasn't in the best frame of minds. :getmecoat:

I still miss him and I hate it. :hugs:

I know it isn't the same but i haven't seen my best friend for 2 months and I'm seeing her again on Friday and honestly, it'll be the best moment of your life when you see him... It'll just make seeing him even better :console:
Original post by iEthan

Well said! /cc. @Deyesy & @furryface12

Original post by Airmed

Very easily done, dw. I'm not trying to drive anyone away or single people out. But I do think we must all try and self-censor a bit when necessary :colondollar:

:penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cinnie

Please don't stop posting because of what TLG said :sad:

X

Just want to echo what TLG has said; this forum is seen as a safe place for everyone and whilst talking about eating disorder related things is absolutely more than okay - please don't forget this! Could people in future please put them in spoilers with an 'ED TW' above them so those who don't feel up to reading posts of this content, don't have to see them? :grouphugs:
Would like to apologise to @Deyesy, @Airmed, @furryface12 and any one else.
I am incredibly frustrated and angry atm (not with TSR) and so it isn't fair to take it out on here.
I'm going to try and stay off of here so that I don't have a detrimental effect on anyone else
Hope everyone is ok :smile: x
Original post by Anonymous
I am incredibly frustrated and angry atm (not with TSR) and so it isn't fair to take it out on here.
I'm going to try and stay off of here so that I don't have a detrimental effect on anyone else

Hey :console: My inbox is always open, you know that. :hugs:
Original post by Cinnie

What the others said- please don't stop posting! Just spoiler stuff occasionally maybe

You don't need to either! Always welcome to PM whenever (don't need to ask), hope you're okay :hugs:
Just to clarify: I also do not want anyone to stop posting! MHSS is for anyone and everyone, and we're here for everyone, not just certain members. I'm just politely requesting that we be more mindful, so that everyone feels able to post in and/or read MHSS safely. I'm not saying anyone ought to leave :nah:

:grouphugs:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Can't sleep.

Have to be up early.

Great.

:hide:
Hi all,

This is probably treading on toes, but someone needs to say it.

I know I've hardly posted anything the past month or so but I've been reading most of that time and following stuff. I'm rather troubled by the amount of open forum weight-related posting I've seen, in the past few days in particular. We all know that some users in this thread have eating disorders, and there's no telling who may be reading this thread without commenting.

As such, we ALL have a duty to use our common sense and try and spoiler any discussion that IS allowed by TSR, but equally is likely to upset others (e.g. food stuff and weight loss/gain). Reading food/weight-related discussion can act as a trigger for others, making them feel competitive and like they haven't done enough to lose/gain weight, or they may interpret it as some kinda "sign" (particularly if they already suffer from or are prone to psychosis/paranoia).

I don't think anyone here means any harm by it and it's very easy to post without thinking in the heat of the moment or when you're feeling down about yourself for whatever reason. That said, for this to be a safe space for everyone, we ALL need to do our part - not just some of us or the majority.

Please can we try and be mindful of others? I am no angel in this regard either but I've tried to stop posting innanely about Easter eggs and which one is better, etc. A bit more effort from all of us (myself included) can go a long way in helping to protect the sanity of those around us who we call and consider friends.

I have made a thread in 'Ask the CT' to bring this to their attention too.

Thanks for reading :h:

My bad. I forgot to spoiler my recent conversation. Tbh I'm a little unsure what needs to be spoilered but I'll try to be a bit more careful in the future. :colondollar:
Hi all,

This is probably treading on toes, but someone needs to say it.

I know I've hardly posted anything the past month or so but I've been reading most of that time and following stuff. I'm rather troubled by the amount of open forum weight-related posting I've seen, in the past few days in particular. We all know that some users in this thread have eating disorders, and there's no telling who may be reading this thread without commenting.

As such, we ALL have a duty to use our common sense and try and spoiler any discussion that IS allowed by TSR, but equally is likely to upset others (e.g. food stuff and weight loss/gain). Reading food/weight-related discussion can act as a trigger for others, making them feel competitive and like they haven't done enough to lose/gain weight, or they may interpret it as some kinda "sign" (particularly if they already suffer from or are prone to psychosis/paranoia).

I don't think anyone here means any harm by it and it's very easy to post without thinking in the heat of the moment or when you're feeling down about yourself for whatever reason. That said, for this to be a safe space for everyone, we ALL need to do our part - not just some of us or the majority.

Please can we try and be mindful of others? I am no angel in this regard either but I've tried to stop posting innanely about Easter eggs and which one is better, etc. A bit more effort from all of us (myself included) can go a long way in helping to protect the sanity of those around us who we call and consider friends.

I have made a thread in 'Ask the CT' to bring this to their attention too.

Thanks for reading :h:

Sorry about that. I'll try and remember in future.
Original post by Airmed
Hey :console: My inbox is always open, you know that. :hugs:

:hugs: thank you lovely x

Original post by furryface12

You don't need to either! Always welcome to PM whenever (don't need to ask), hope you're okay :hugs:

I do need to though, i don't show you guys the appreciation you deserve and i'm sorry if i've annoyed anyone :redface: and thank you lovely x

-------
Just had a massive attack of anxiety :redface: was coming in waves and heart stuff :/
:hugs: thank you lovely x

I do need to though, i don't show you guys the appreciation you deserve and i'm sorry if i've annoyed anyone :redface: and thank you lovely x

-------
Just had a massive attack of anxiety :redface: was coming in waves and heart stuff :/

You haven't annoyed anyone :hugs:
Original post by JordanL_

Spoiler

Spoiler

Latest