The Student Room Group

GCSE Grades

Can someone tell me if I want to do medicine at Cambridge, what grades do I need at Gcse?
Reply 1
Original post by ArMy07
Can someone tell me if I want to do medicine at Cambridge, what grades do I need at Gcse?

Typical offers require

A Level: A*A*A

GCSEs

Students wanting to study Medicine must have achieved:

grade C or above in GCSE (or equivalent) Double Award Science and Mathematics

two single awards in GCSE Biology and Physics may be substituted for Double Award Science

Applicants have generally achieved high grades in subjects relevant to their chosen course, and most students who apply have at least four or five As or A*s at GCSE. However, there are always exceptions and one of the strengths of the Cambridge admissions system is its ability to assess all applicants individually.

AS and A Levels

Applicants must have AS or A Level passes in Chemistry and two of Biology/Human Biology, Physics, Mathematics. At least one pass must be at A Level.

Most applicants for Medicine at Cambridge have at least three science/mathematics A Levels and some Colleges require this and/or particular subjects. See individual College websites for details.

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
prob a*'s from what iv read

Original post by ArMy07
Reply 3
Original post by ArMy07

Preferably as many A*s as possible. Cambridge doesn't put much emphasis on them at all, Oxford does, but it'll still put you in the best position
Reply 4
Original post by Pulscate
Typical offers require

A Level: A*A*A

GCSEs

Students wanting to study Medicine must have achieved:

grade C or above in GCSE (or equivalent) Double Award Science and Mathematics

two single awards in GCSE Biology and Physics may be substituted for Double Award Science

Applicants have generally achieved high grades in subjects relevant to their chosen course, and most students who apply have at least four or five As or A*s at GCSE. However, there are always exceptions and one of the strengths of the Cambridge admissions system is its ability to assess all applicants individually.

AS and A Levels

Applicants must have AS or A Level passes in Chemistry and two of Biology/Human Biology, Physics, Mathematics. At least one pass must be at A Level.

Most applicants for Medicine at Cambridge have at least three science/mathematics A Levels and some Colleges require this and/or particular subjects. See individual College websites for details.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ArMy07
Thank you :smile:

No problem. I hope that answered your question. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest