The Student Room Group

Do you support gay marriage?

Scroll to see replies

I used to be against it but I don't think anyone should be really denied that happiness and union of love, so I do support it.
Yes :smile:
Original post by LukeTaylor00
Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

There's pretty obvious hints as to how Adam and Eve isn't even factually true.

Original post by Samanthapucket0
F u c k the faggots

Grow up.
Original post by ATW1
I'm not religious but I think it's wrong. Why change a system that has operated successfully for hundreds of years just because of a small minority?

This is literally such a poor argument. Do you even know what you're saying? And "successfully" is a laughable interpretation.
Reply 124
Original post by thunder_chunky
Tradition is not really an argument. Just because it has existed one way for a certain period of time, that doesn't meant it shouldn't adjust in accordance with society.

If you are going to suggest that we do way with tradition to keep up with social trends, then I presume you are in favour of polygamous marriages and humans marrying their pets?
Original post by ATW1
If you are going to suggest that we do way with tradition to keep up with social trends, then I presume you are in favour of polygamous marriages and humans marrying their pets?

Hardly comparable with homosexual marriages.
Reply 126
Original post by ivybridge
Hardly comparable with homosexual marriages.

Demand for gay marriage has grown in the same way that demand for polygamous and animal-human marriage will do in the future.
Nah
Original post by ATW1
Demand for gay marriage has grown in the same way that demand for polygamous and animal-human marriage will do in the future.

You're guessing that. There's no propf for it. And that still does not validate a claim that they are the same.
Yes I support gay marriage.Its there choice who they marry and like.
Reply 130
Every day there's always a thread on gay marriage/gay rights/homosexuality etc... and it's always igniting the same responses.
People are gonna disagree with it because they're either trolls/insanely religious/believe it threatens their human rights/whatever.
I think we should just leave it there.
Neutral on the most part but I disagree that churches are forced to wed gay couples when they don't to or that christian individuals/business are forced to actively support homosexuality when they don't want to. It shows how easy it is to step on Christianity in England.
Original post by Beat
Every day there's always a thread on gay marriage/gay rights/homosexuality etc... and it's always igniting the same responses.
People are gonna disagree with it because they're either trolls/insanely religious/believe it threatens their human rights/whatever.
I think we should just leave it there.

110% agree.
Lord Gaben doesn't support Straight marriage, because it goes against his faith.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Eigo-Jin
Neutral on the most part but I disagree that churches are forced to wed gay couples when they don't to or that christian individuals/business are forced to actively support homosexuality when they don't want to. It shows how easy it is to step on Christianity in England.

That's not true. Churches in England have the right to say no to performing gay marriages and the business issue is not really unreasonable. Businesses should leave their beliefs at the door. You say "actively support" like it's some kind of movement or something - it's not. It's a disposition.
Reply 135
110% agree.

And then of course there's the people who believe in 'straight pride', etc. It's ridiculous!
Original post by Beat
And then of course there's the people who believe in 'straight pride', etc. It's ridiculous!

Oh, God. Exactly! :rofl:
Reply 137
You're guessing that. There's no propf for it. And that still does not validate a claim that they are the same.
Would you support the legalisation of these types of marriages though, just out of interest?
Original post by Ladbants
I know it is already legal in the UK but I was wondering what people thought about the issue.

No I am completely against gay marriage! It is not normal for a start. I don't really have much against gay people themselves but why allow something like gay marriage ruin traditional values and traditional wedding values
Original post by ATW1
Would you support the legalisation of these types of marriages though, just out of interest?

No.

Original post by samklipas0
No I am completely against gay marriage! It is not normal for a start. I don't really have much against gay people themselves but why allow something like gay marriage ruin traditional values and traditional wedding values

Well, for a start, it's perfectly normal and natural. Furthermore, grow up - you probably don't give a toss about tradition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending