The Student Room Group

The hijab isn't attractive?

So I wanted to start this thread to see what people thought about the hijab. I don't want any lengthy debates and I don't want religion to be brought up, I just want people to comment if they find the hijab attractive. The hijab if you look at it is supposed to be worn to guard the beauty however many go past that and try to beautify different things who defeats its purpose tbh. Not saying I don't defeat its purpose because I wear makeup here and there and try to beautify myself to fit standards because most people do that HOWEVER I want people to look past that and think about the hijab in it's simplest form and think if they saw someone who was wearing it , would they think it was attractive? Again, merely asking this for my own knowledge of how people think and I don't want people to start arguing with each other because it will go no where.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's just a piece of cloth. It depends on who's wearing it :facepalm2: If the person wearing it is attractive then they will look attractive in it. If they ugly they'll stay ugly

/thread
Lord Gaben finds hijabs to be extremely attractive.
Isn't the whole point of the hijab to draw as little attention to the wearer as possible? Correct me if I'm wrong (not a Muslim) but doesn't that mean it's not SUPPOSED to be attractive?
Reply 4
It's not exactly Harry Potters magical wand that can completely alter ones appearance, it's a piece of cloth and I've seen plenty attractive girls who wear them :perv:
I guess it depends on the person? If you are looking at it in the simplest form without including religion isn't that just like a question asking whether a piece of clothing is attractive and there again the answer would be it depends on the person wearing it or the prettiness of the clothing.

That was very weirdly worded, I hope it makes sense.
Reply 6
The hijab isn't attractive in one sense, that is, it does not attract people, and may be seen as a sign that the wearer is less likely to be "available". However, the hijab does not make the wearer look either "attractive" or "unattractive" in the sense we normally use the word.
Reply 7
The hijab isn't attractive.

I am not attracted to a girl if I can't see her hair.

However, that being said, the simplicity of a headscarf suits some faces better than others. There are two sisters at my school and while they look very alike, their headscarves suit one FAR more than the other. So, just like a certain hairstyle, it really depends on the person.
Original post by Mrs.Grey
So I wanted to start this thread to see what people thought about the hijab. I don't want any lengthy debates and I don't want religion to be brought up, I just want people to comment if they find the hijab attractive. The hijab if you look at it is supposed to be worn to guard the beauty however many go past that and try to beautify different things who defeats its purpose tbh. Not saying I don't defeat its purpose because I wear makeup here and there and try to beautify myself to fit standards because most people do that HOWEVER I want people to look past that and think about the hijab in it's simplest form and think if they saw someone who was wearing it , would they think it was attractive? Again, merely asking this for my own knowledge of how people think and I don't want people to start arguing with each other because it will go no where.

depends.....the type of person you are and how you carry it tbh
most of my friends wear hijabs but they tend to attract more attention than the non hijabi's so yh... if you want to be attractive just be true to ur self and YOU WILL SHINE!!
Reply 10
Original post by niv1234
I guess it depends on the person? If you are looking at it in the simplest form without including religion isn't that just like a question asking whether a piece of clothing is attractive and there again the answer would be it depends on the person wearing it or the prettiness of the clothing.

That was very weirdly worded, I hope it makes sense.

Lmao I usually weirdly word things lmao.
On the other hand, most of the Muslim girls I know (and I am aware that this doesn't apply to every Muslim girl in existence!) have oval faces and long noses, which suit hijab really well. And of course if you have beautiful eyes then a niqab would show them off to your best advantage.
Reply 12
Original post by Nelliebelly
On the other hand, most of the Muslim girls I know (and I am aware that this doesn't apply to every Muslim girl in existence!) have oval faces and long noses, which suit hijab really well. And of course if you have beautiful eyes then a niqab would show them off to your best advantage.

A lot say that I should wear the niqab because they say my eyes are the best feature of my face which I thank Allah for.
Original post by Zuki
It's not exactly Harry Potters magical wand that can completely alter ones appearance, it's a piece of cloth and I've seen plenty attractive girls who wear them :perv:

Have a medal for the most cringiest post on student room :biggrin:
Reply 14
its ugly as anything.
Reply 15
Original post by Faizanasif
Have a medal for the most cringiest post on student room :biggrin:

Thank you :colondollar:
'Fraid not. :dontknow:
Original post by stop888
It's just a piece of cloth. It depends on who's wearing it :facepalm2: If the person wearing it is attractive then they will look attractive in it. If they ugly they'll stay ugly

/thread

this.
A lot say that I should wear the niqab because they say my eyes are the best feature of my face which I thank Allah for.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the hijab which is to conceal your beauty?
If you were to wear the niqab you'd attract unnecessary attention to your eyes, no?
No offence intended here, I'm genuinely curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dw hijab is doing it massive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending