The Student Room Group

The hijab isn't attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Buses
its ugly as anything.

its wrong to say that because some ppl may take offence to that :redface:
Original post by macsalaama
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the hijab which is to conceal your beauty?
If you were to wear the niqab you'd attract unnecessary attention to your eyes, no?
No offence intended here, I'm genuinely curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are genuinely correct.
it doesnt really make that much of a difference to how attractive someone is.... but to some people hair does play a big role in attractiveness
Reply 23
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the hijab which is to conceal your beauty?
If you were to wear the niqab you'd attract unnecessary attention to your eyes, no?
No offence intended here, I'm genuinely curious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh none taken haha, I guess it would but I wear glasses as well LMAO so idek.
Original post by Aliyah2016x
its wrong to say that because some ppl may take offence to that :redface:

He was expressing his opinion.

Spoiler

Reply 25
Original post by Zuki
It's not exactly Harry Potters magical wand that can completely alter ones appearance, it's a piece of cloth and I've seen plenty attractive girls who wear them :perv:

Lmfao :colondollar:
Reply 26
Original post by That Arab Guy
Dw hijab is doing it massive.

Wdym? lmao
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Wdym? lmao

Means hol tyt hijab you get me.
He was expressing his opinion.

Spoiler

so its still wrong
The hijab itself makes no difference. But I've found when a girl has a attractive face, it kinda enhances it sometimes :dontknow: at the end of the day it's just a hijab and doesn't determine whether I find someone attractive it or not.
so its still wrong

An opinion can't be wrong :c
Reply 31
I'm a female and think it's fine for someone to wear a headscarf. Habiba Da Silva is a youtuber and she wears a headscarf. It really doesn't alter someone's appearance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvUcZHPdtT8
Reply 32
Original post by sfhkh
i'm a female and think it's fine for someone to wear a headscarf. Habiba da silva is a youtuber and she wears a headscarf. It really doesn't alter someone's appearance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evuczhpdtt8

omfg habiba da silva is so pretty mashallah
An opinion can't be wrong :c

am not saying an opinion is wrong its just that some people may start to hate them self's for wearing it because of what people think and this was how I felt
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Oh none taken haha, I guess it would but I wear glasses as well LMAO so idek.

Niqab+glasses? Sounds like a pretty awesome combo :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's supposed to be unattractive. If you see anyone who looks attractive in one, they're probs reeeeally attractive without it.
Reply 36
Niqab+glasses? Sounds like a pretty awesome combo :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? Glasses are so annoying tho like it gets in the way of everything
am not saying an opinion is wrong its just that some people may start to hate them self's for wearing it because of what people think and this was how I felt

You shouldn't feel like that though tbh. People will always have their own opinions. Changing what you do based on someone hatred towards you is the sign of defeat.

DOTH NOT BEEST DEFEATED MINE SISTER.
Original post by stop888
It's just a piece of cloth. It depends on who's wearing it :facepalm2: If the person wearing it is attractive then they will look attractive in it. If they ugly they'll stay ugly

/thread

Thats just so much nonesense

Original post by Nelliebelly
Isn't the whole point of the hijab to draw as little attention to the wearer as possible? Correct me if I'm wrong (not a Muslim) but doesn't that mean it's not SUPPOSED to be attractive?

If anything it should be unattractive so it doesn't draw any atention
Original post by theBranicAc

If anything it should be unattractive so it doesn't draw any atention

If it was simply about drawing attention the hijab rulings should vary depending on where you are. In Europe, wearing it attracts more/unnecessary attention but in countries where it's the norm it would be the opposite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending