The Student Room Group

Do guys have feelings...??!?!

honestly I apologise if I sound rude but every boy I've come across is for emotionally detached...or OVER ambitious...
I mean do they even love....or is it just attraction for the time being....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol feelings ive been dead inside for years
They do but some of them! In today's world, media have messed them up :sad:
Original post by fatima1998
They do but some of them! In today's world, media have messed them up :sad:

media ??!?!!? how ??!??!
Original post by Zuki

So what exactly causes this ???!?!?
More likely it's the guys you're going for
Original post by Zuki

DEEP.
Original post by Missimperfect18
honestly I apologise if I sound rude but every boy I've come across is for emotionally detached...or OVER ambitious...
I mean do they even love....or is it just attraction for the time being....

no we don't have feelings all we have is muscle
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
More likely it's the guys you're going for

I agree; OP probably goes for d*ckheads.
we all have feelings until some girl breaks their heart
Original post by Zuki

:frown: Me too. Like how can one be so numb inside?
Reply 11
Original post by Ishea16
DEEP.

word

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:frown: Me too. Like how can one be so numb inside?

we feel hungry right? I guess that's a feeling :cry2:
Reply 12
Haha what. This is like asking "do girls have logic". (The answers are yes, just to clarify)

To be more constructive, based on your second line it sounds like you're talking about romantic relationships mainly. Male attachment is quite a strange beast. In general, I would say that initially males are more likely to be less committed and to function on attraction rather than love. I reckon most guys could pretty easily separate sex from love in a one night stand type of scenario. However, when they have been "hooked", so to speak, commitment and attachment can grow to become very strong. Indeed, men are far less likely to file for divorce, those who do cheat nearly always end up telling their partners out of guilt, and I believe it has been shown that men, in contrast to what you would expect with biological considerations, benefit more from marriage than women do.
(edited 7 years ago)
media ??!?!!? how ??!??!

You know how the media portrays the "ideal woman" as someone who's the perfect weight, height, has round pert boobs, long legs, long hair, owns herself but is modest, etc?

It's the same with guys, except instead of all of the above we're expected to be a macho man, the breadwinner, and emotionally detached (amongst others).

Basically it's an adherence to gender stereotypes perpetuated by the mainstream media (and society at large) for the past god knows how many years, and such social attitudes don't just disappear overnight.

Ergo, guys appear less emotionally attached compared to their female counter-parts. Then again, you're using women as a base for how appropriately emotional someone should be... I've known women to cry over the stupidest ****, so you're not exactly constructing an argument on solid ground.
Original post by Zuki
word

we feel hungry right? I guess that's a feeling :cry2:

sometimes :cry2:

I'm shocked at my lack of "feeling" though, if that makes sense. Like I went to the hospital to see my dying grandma last week and I felt nothing, nothing at all....

My mums new car got hit into last week (while I was in the passenger seat- but it's okay, noone was hurt) and I still felt nothing whilst my mum just started crying....

WHERE ARE MY FEELINGS? :frown:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Haha what. This is like asking "do girls have logic". (The answers are yes, just to clarify)

To be more constructive, based on your second line it sounds like you're talking about romantic relationships mainly. Male attachment is quite a strange beast. In general, I would say that initially males are more likely to be less committed and to function on attraction rather than love. I reckon most guys could pretty easily separate sex from love in a one night stand type of scenario. However, when they have been "hooked", so to speak, commitment and attachment can grow to become very strong. Indeed, men are far less likely to file for divorce, those who do cheat nearly always end up telling their partners out of guilt, and I believe it has been shown that men, in contrast to what you would expect with biological considerations, benefit more from marriage than women do.

just to clarify...I am not trying to be judgemental but...
I DID SAY every guy I come across and that's fewer than majority...
yes I did mean a romantic sense as an example but....many boys I am friends with do not really care about their surrounding I mean it seems like nothing evokes beneath the surface of their heart...
and I am just wondering if they do this to act tough or they really are this tough..
what do you think...
feel free to correct me please as this is not an argument this is just a girl trying to understand...
Original post by Drunk Punx
You know how the media portrays the "ideal woman" as someone who's the perfect weight, height, has round pert boobs, long legs, long hair, owns herself but is modest, etc?

It's the same with guys, except instead of all of the above we're expected to be a macho man, the breadwinner, and emotionally detached (amongst others).

Basically it's an adherence to gender stereotypes perpetuated by the mainstream media (and society at large) for the past god knows how many years, and such social attitudes don't just disappear overnight.

Ergo, guys appear less emotionally attached compared to their female counter-parts. Then again, you're using women as a base for how appropriately emotional someone should be... I've known women to cry over the stupidest ****, so you're not exactly constructing an argument on solid ground.

I guess you have a point tbh media is an influence and some women can be really emotional but I was just asking not initiating an argument I sincerely apologise if you felt I was trying to portray women as the most appropriate emotional example.
just to clarify...I am not trying to be judgemental but...
I DID SAY every guy I come across and that's fewer than majority...
yes I did mean a romantic sense as an example but....many boys I am friends with do not really care about their surrounding I mean it seems like nothing evokes beneath the surface of their heart...
and I am just wondering if they do this to act tough or they really are this tough..
what do you think...
feel free to correct me please as this is not an argument this is just a girl trying to understand...

you hang out with the wrong guys

case closed
Reply 18
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
sometimes :cry2:

I'm shocked at my lack of "feeling" though, if that makes sense. Like I went to the hospital to see my dying grandma last week and I felt nothing, nothing at all....

My mums new car got hit into last week (while I was in the passenger seat- but it's okay, noone was hurt) and I still felt nothing whilst my mum just started crying....

WHERE ARE MY FEELINGS? :frown:

Omgg I'm the same :cry2: my grandad passed not too long ago and whilst i felt shocked as i didn't expect it, I was still more or less just like "meh" :indiff: Thinking about it now, I can't recall the last time I felt properly sad about something :indiff: It seems like all the bad things and experiences built up to the point where one just becomes desensitised to it all :curious: and just collectively stop caring or something :indiff:

Hope we find our emotions m8 :cry2: better start putting up lost posters :cry:
Reply 19
Of course not, we're all emotionless robots.

Quick Reply