The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 1-International Relations-6th June 2016 Exam

Hey Guys. Just wanted to start a thread for the upcoming Edexcel History exams. How is everyone going to revise for these exams? Post your revision techniques below. I'm sure it will help us all in our quests for an A* in GCSE History :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Also it would be awesome if you posted what you got in the Vietnam History Controlled Assessment!!
Reply 2
I'm using Q&A flash cards with dates and information on dates so I can learn the events as best as possible. Tbh the one that will be the hardest will be the British Depth Study.
I got a B in my Vietnam CA, one mark off an A :frown:
Revision is going nowhere, I'm up to the Berlin crisis
Just gonna go through my revision guide and try to remember everything then learn the question styles
Did my CA on USA civil rights but our school doesn't tell us in case they get moderated down :frown: hoping it was decent though, predicted A* for history
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Revision is going nowhere, I'm up to the Berlin crisis
Just gonna go through my revision guide and try to remember everything then learn the question styles
Did my CA on USA civil rights but our school doesn't tell us in case they get moderated down :frown: hoping it was decent though, predicted A* forhistory

At least you have started revision for the History exams. I haven't even looked at History yet which is really bad considering I have forgotten all of Germany. I am also predicted an A* and I achieved an A* in the Vietnam Controlled Assessment which I was really happy about!
Original post by Rob167
I'm using Q&A flash cards with dates and information on dates so I can learn the events as best as possible. Tbh the one that will be the hardest will be the British Depth Study.
I got a B in my Vietnam CA, one mark off an A :frown:

Flash Cards are really good for remembering key dates and names. Thanks:smile:
Would it be more useful to revise structure of answers first, then all the key facts?
Reply 7
Vietnam CA 45/50 A*
but i get As in the exam ffs :frown:
Original post by Mahrez
Vietnam CA 45/50 A*
but i get As in the exam ffs :frown:

If you get 2 high ish A's and one A* in the exam, you should get an A* overall I believe
Reply 9
Original post by RevisionGuide
If you get 2 high ish A's and one A* in the exam, you should get an A* overall I believe

I thought you need 3 A*
For the cold war i made this presentation and it is attached to this massage but if you cant access it, it is also on get revising

Here's the link:
https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/outline-of-the-cold-war

hope this helps:smile:
Original post by BeNotAfraid
For the cold war i made this presentation and it is attached to this massage but if you cant access it, it is also on get revising

Here's the link:
https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/outline-of-the-cold-war

hope this helps:smile:

Thank You for this :smile:
Original post by Mahrez
I thought you need 3 A*

I dont think so. You need a specific amount of UMS and then your Controlled Assessment boosts your exam grades.
I'm really struggling to remember key events and figures for this unit. Does anyone know an effective way of revising it so that it's easy to remember?
Reply 14
I dont think so. You need a specific amount of UMS and then your Controlled Assessment boosts your exam grades.

isn't 45 90 ums?
Original post by Mahrez
isn't 45 90 ums?

Yes 1 mark is equivalent to 2 UMS
Original post by erintaylor46
I'm really struggling to remember key events and figures for this unit. Does anyone know an effective way of revising it so that it's easy to remember?

I've been using/making flashcards for all the key events and dates/names etc. It all depends on what type of learner you are e.g. a visual or auditory learner
Reply 17
Yes 1 mark is equivalent to 2 UMS

therefore 360 UMS = 90 ums consitantly so you need low A* in all
Original post by Mahrez
therefore 360 UMS = 90 ums consitantly so you need low A* in all

Idk then, you could probably get away with getting one A in one of the exams and still get an A* overall. In the Controlled assessment I got 96 UMS. Damn A* in all exams is going to be very difficult :P. In the mock exams, I only managed to get an A in Germany and scraped an A* in Britain. Which exam do you think is the hardest out of the 3?
Reply 19
britian for sureee

Quick Reply

Latest