The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Msc Finance & Accounting Offer Holders

I am just wondering if there are any other Msc Finance & Accounting offer holders on here? I seem to only find discussions about all the other Msc's..

Are you planning to accept you offer?

What modules do you plan to take?

What are you thoughts on it being such a "new" Msc (2 years old)?

Etc
Reply 1
Interested as well. I applied at the end of March and I still haven't heard anything yet...
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by lyra18
Interested as well. I applied at the end of March and I still haven't heard anything yet...

I received my offer exactly on the day which they promised to (13 April). Good luck
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by MscSA
I relieved my offer exactly on the day which they promised to (13 April). Good luck

Thanks a lot! Will cross my fingers haha.

Would you mind sharing your background please? I have worked in the back office for a major investment bank and passed CFA level 1. But not sure if that qualifies me for the program, especially in the last round of admission:/
Original post by lyra18

Would you mind sharing your background please? I have worked in the back office for a major investment bank and passed CFA level 1. But not sure if that qualifies me for the program, especially in the last round of admission:/

Have you gotten any feedback yet? i was rejected for msc finance last week but still waiting for msc finance and accounting which is my second choice. I am quite worried too since it is the last round :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by nathanthomas
Have you gotten any feedback yet? i was rejected for msc finance last week but still waiting for msc finance and accounting which is my second choice. I am quite worried too since it is the last round :s-smilie:

No I haven't heard anything yet and I am worried as well.

Sorry to ask, but when did you find out you were rejected? Was it on the decision date listed on the imperial website?
Original post by lyra18
No I haven't heard anything yet and I am worried as well.

Sorry to ask, but when did you find out you were rejected? Was it on the decision date listed on the imperial website?

the decision date was on the 26th of may but I got rejected on the 24th of May via mail. But the status on the e-service is still "application is being processed" which is weird. Did u apply to something else as a second choice?
Reply 7
the decision date was on the 26th of may but I got rejected on the 24th of May via mail. But the status on the e-service is still "application is being processed" which is weird. Did u apply to something else as a second choice?

Yeah I don't feel that they update the e-service in a timely manner, my references are still showing up as not approved there yet admissions said they were approved back in April.

I think I applied to Msc Finance as my second choice? ... Makes no sense now that I noticed the difference in their decision dates...
Original post by lyra18
Yeah I don't feel that they update the e-service in a timely manner, my references are still showing up as not approved there yet admissions said they were approved back in April.

I think I applied to Msc Finance as my second choice? ... Makes no sense now that I noticed the difference in their decision dates...

Yeah it doesnt make sense at all especially that u have to go through an interview for msc finance. I guess well have to wait till friday! I am expecting the worst anyways hehe
Original post by lyra18

So i got waitlisted :/ dont really know how it works from here on..what was ur outcome?
Reply 10
So i got waitlisted :/ dont really know how it works from here on..what was ur outcome?

I got an offer...well good luck, I hope you will receive an offer soon!
Reply 11
Original post by lyra18

I have a 4 year undergraduate degree from a top university in South Africa. Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Financial Management.

I finished top of my department. Distinction in all subjects. I have one internship with an asset manager.

I have quite a bit of business experience with running my own small businesses.

No GMAT. 9 out of 9 for IELTS.

Quick Reply

Latest