The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
We are definitely going to buy a CM. A strong, creative, ball carrying CM is needed (In the mould of Pogba). Someone like Andre Gomes will do.

You're just making up names now aren't you
Original post by Kenan and Kel
You're just making up names now aren't you

Do you even Spanish football?
Good watch :lol:

[video="youtube;t59qOjN9Pq8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t59qOjN9Pq8[/video]
Do you even Spanish football?

Man's saying 'he'll do' like he watches him week-in week-out for Valencia. Please send me your dissertation explaining how this MF is perfect for United.

People just want a brand new shiny toy every Summer for every position. I barely know who Andre Gomes is, but I'm pretty sure he'll never possess 25% of the skills Basti has in his locker.
Reply 324
Man's saying 'he'll do' like he watches him week-in week-out for Valencia. Please send me your dissertation explaining how this MF is perfect for United.

People just want a brand new shiny toy every Summer for every position. I barely know who Andre Gomes is, but I'm pretty sure he'll never possess 25% of the skills Basti has in his locker.

Throwback to Dirty's post that talked in depth about youngsters from PSG, Anderlecht and Bayer Leverkusen

Gomes fits the description of midfielder that I described. Too bad Bastian will be injured for half the season, going to watch tennis matches every week.
Reply 326
Wasn't Dirtybit saying that United don't need Saul yet they're now looking for a midfielder who plays like Saul?
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Wasn't Dirtybit saying that United don't need Saul yet they're now looking for a midfielder who plays like Saul?

The plot thickens

:rofl:

RIP DB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did not describe a hard tackling, defensive minded midfielder. We already have that. I said we should look for a more creative midfielder, not a midfielder who plays like Saul. We had a poor number of chances created last season and our midfielders did not help at all.

Not at all. Nice try though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Exposed.

Would love Saul at United. Perfect fit tbh.
Contributes defensively, dribbling= GOAT, can play on the right and drift in and creative.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Exposed.

Would love Saul at United. Perfect fit tbh.
Contributes defensively, dribbling= GOAT, can play on the right and drift in and creative.

Lol. I think you have exposed yourself infact...

Are we gunna act like you knew who he was before his goal against Bayern?
Lol. I think you have exposed yourself infact...

Are we gunna act like you knew who he was before his goal against Bayern?

He plays for the 3rd best team in Europe and is one of the most promising players. Nothing "exposed" about it.

Stick to scouting players from the Belgian league:wink:
Yeah you said this a couple months ago, but now he's perfect for United? GG

Original post by Rk2k14
Heard briefly about this Saul guy but is he what we need rn?
Presumably we either need someone who can unlock the defence but more importantly someone who can actually score.
Yeah you said this a couple months ago, but now he's perfect for United? GG

lol good try.

Never claimed to be an expert on him in the first place, but wasn't an unknown like Gomes.

Perfect for United in terms of position and ability. Presumably you've seen him play.
Dont really see what you're trying to do?
@difeo@Zayn is Bae

Thoughts on Dirty being an expert after admitting he watches Youtube vids on promising players?
Original post by Rk2k14
lol good try.Never claimed to be an expert on him in the first place, but wasn't an unknown like Gomes.Perfect for United in terms of position and ability. Presumably you've seen him play.Dont really see what you're trying to do?
Yeah you just said he's a "perfect" fit after watching his Bayern goal and CL final. Yet you are saying I got exposed? Just because you don't know Gomes does not mean he's unknown.

Original post by Rk2k14
@difeo@Zayn is Bae Thoughts on Dirty being an expert after admitting he watches Youtube vids on promising players?
This has all stemmed from me saying that Gomes is a creative B2B player. You don't have to be an expert to know that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah you just said he's a "perfect" fit after watching his Bayern goal and CL final. Yet you are saying I got exposed? Just because you don't know Gomes does not mean he's unknown.

Saul goal = 1 month ago
Comment= 2 months ago.

Therefore I had a month to watch Youtube videos of him and go on WhoScored.com to make a judgement on him:wink:

Spoiler

Reply 338
He's a central player and suited towards playing in the centre. He doesn't have a lot of pace so he's not suited to RW at a Mourinho team and at Atlético the wide players generally play like wide midfielders, utilising the fullbacks for width as other than Carrasco and Griezmann(who is at ST most of the time) they don't have much pace in wide areas.

Saul can also play at DM, CM and CB. I would say that Saul would be utilised in a similar manner to how Koke would be utilised, as a mixture of a creative player and a play breaker(so a no.8). You arguably have that already in Schneiderlin but I guess Saul has more potential in that regard.

The whole getting a solely creative midfielder thing that DirtyBit is going on about makes sense if Rooney wasn't in the side. However Rooney is in the side, you are probably going to get Ibra so there's no space for a creative midfielder in mourinho's system. A creative winger however there is space for, but you best be made sure that the winger will be tracking back loads.
can we sign arnuatovic?