The Student Room Group

630000 people enter the uk

Record number of people entered the UK in 2015 Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

About time to repeal the Town and Planning Act, free up some land in the countryside, build more parks and housing of a quality nature, and perhaps introduce a tax on the land to pay for it.

To be completely honest I was expecting this year to be very high anyway.
Even Migration Watch, which normally says the government underestimates net migration, says it was 330,000 last year.
http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/statistics-net-migration-statistics

So where does OP get the '630000 people' figure? Out of his far right wing fantasies presumably.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Even Migration Watch, which normally says the government underestimates net migration, says it was 330,000 last year.

So where does OP get the '630000 people' figure? Out of his far right wing fantasies presumably.

Daily Mail, where else do you think these uneducated tossers get their rubbish from?

Try reading the title again, you can only say the figures are so inconsistent if barely anybody left

Posted from TSR Mobile
Surely more than 630,000 entered the UK in 2015? What is the OP going on about?
Original post by George VI
About time to repeal the Town and Planning Act, free up some land in the countryside, build more parks and housing of a quality nature, and perhaps introduce a tax on the land to pay for it.

Has it ever occurred to you that we'd like to keep our countryside, and keep some places in England rural?
Reply 8
Original post by karl pilkington

Are you slut-shaming the UK?

Everyone has a right to a private life.
Original post by richpanda
Has it ever occurred to you that we'd like to keep our countryside, and keep some places in England rural?

*looks up stats* there is more woodland than urbanised land, in fact nearly twice as much

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18623096&ved=0ahUKEwjo57KWv4TNAhXCEywKHbJZBIkQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNGdiVgnecJ2MGUo3b2bJElYMs9NAw&sig2=VUHXTn4J0AmNiv-L5P78xw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by richpanda

Yes, it has, that's why I suggested building green spaces.

Who exactly does the actual country benefit anymore tbh? It makes up most of our land for what? 2 thirds of our food is imported. I'm not suggesting getting rid of it entirely just using it to actually serve the needs of the majority.

Who exactly does the actual country benefit anymore tbh? It makes up most of our land for what? 2 thirds of our food is imported. I'm not suggesting getting rid of it entirely just using it to actually serve the needs of the majority.

Most of our large cities need high rise and large-scale apartment blocks as found in most big cities internationally. The old style 'flat British town' is no longer an option and hanging onto it is the major cause of our difficulties.

Why build over natural green spaces and then create artificial ones? The real problem is brownfield land not being utilised enough.
Original post by JamesN88
Why build over natural green spaces and then create artificial ones? The real problem is brownfield land not being utilised enough.

Precision, I may be wrong but no one has bothered mapping the entire thing and worked out a way to design an effective combination of cities and green spaces. I think I speak for most when I say that I find an elegant garden far more pretty than a bit of grass in the country.

that is net immigration as in about 300000 left the UK but most of those would be naturalised british citizens. Over 600000 is far to high soon this country will no longer represent Britain.
Reply 15
head like a ****ing orange?
Reply 16
that is net immigration as in about 300000 left the UK but most of those would be naturalised british citizens. Over 600000 is far to high soon this country will no longer represent Britain.

Tell me what Britain is all about again? Because immigration and cultural change has been a part of it since before you were born.
Reply 17

Link?

You meant British citizens of non - foreign origin, not naturalised, that is a different thing.

A lot of the people leaving will be E. Europeans, as many surveys show that there is a rotation of people from the EU and it isn't all UK people leaving. The same is also true of traditional immigrants from places like the Caribbean and the Indian subcontinent.
Original post by offhegoes
Tell me what Britain is all about again? Because immigration and cultural change has been a part of it since before you were born.

not true mass immigration only started in 1997 there has not been this level of immigration in our over 1000 year history
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending