The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mjcal1
This is quite interesting. So, terrorist groups who have their own interpretation, are they islamically right in doing so? (Prominent scholars condemn them but you said religion is up for interpretation)

Hmmm, interesting. Well of course they're being fed ********, first off by all of their 'scholars' who haven't even gone through primary education.
So, it's up to well educated interpretation. Or humane interpretation at least.
Original post by Kraixo
I repeat again there are no authentic hadith in favour of mutah. End.

Whats you point with all this apostate killing thing when the required conditions are met, what are you trying to prove?

*sigh
My original comment
practices like Mutah which Sunnis seem to despise was in fact allowed by Muhammad himself at a point. Whether it was abolished or not is where the difference lies.

I just gave you authentic Sunni hadith which proves my statement above. I did not say Sunni* Islam today allows it but it was allowed at a point in time. Are you telling me that is incorrect ?

Well, isn't it odd that a religion calls for the death of people who only utter words that go against it?
Essentially what you said before is that if those of us who left Islam lived in a "real" Islamic State the punishment for leaving Islam is death. That's pretty messed up no matter how you look at it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Hmmm, interesting. Well of course they're being fed ********, first off by all of their 'scholars' who haven't even gone through primary education.
So, it's up to well educated interpretation. Or humane interpretation at least.

Humane? So, a Muslim could believe that hell doesn't exist because it's inhumane?
Original post by ozziew
Faith, by definition, is belief without evidence. The very fact that you seek evidence would be frowned upon. Are you saying that the Qu' ran is out of date and needs updating or something? If that is what you imply then it is blasphemous as, as I've said, it is written by a perfect being who is thus omniscient, do you see how His nature causes problems for Himself? The fact that He is omniscient means that He would have provided sufficient information when He did first contact humanity through Muhammad (pbuh) on the night of power.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, no, I'm saying that as time changes, the meaning of a verse can be revealed or it can apply for a different context.
Original post by Mjcal1
Humane? So, a Muslim could believe that hell doesn't exist because it's inhumane?

Yeah I guess.
What if hell... was a metaphor.
Original post by Cobalt_

No hate btw but respect other peoples beliefs rather than assuming they left based on lack of knowledge. I know you didn't mean to but thats a very arrogant way of looking at things.

You mean like you respected theirs? By taking the piss out of it? Lmao, double standards or what.
Original post by Mjcal1
True grasp on what Islam is?
I used to love the deen when it about brotherhood, helping out people (Muslims and non Muslims alike). However, the more I learnt about it, the worse it became.

Seriously, forget all the Aisha and other cliches used to discredit Islam. Look at the permissibility of concubines instead, does this come from the perfect creator? I remember watching a 3 hour lecture about that (slavery in Islam) and a lot of things were justified with "it was better than what others at the time would have done". He even had the cheek to say slavery ended partly because of Islam (lololol).

The idea that Muslims are the only ones that go to jannah is also absurd, considering less than a quarter of the world are Muslim. Tbf, some scholars say that if people don't know about the deen or have a limited understanding of the deen they will be judged "fairly"... But it also say whoever dies upon shirk will go to hell. What happens if someone dies upon shirk and doesn't know about Islam? Allah only seems just if you're a Muslim.

Every religious person believes they're 100% right, and Muslims are the same. That's why I don't feel the need to allign myself with a religion (unless I'm given undoubtable proof which I'm yet to come across)

Dont know why youre talking about heaven and hell asif its predisposed and something thats never going to change, yes fate is written so many times but a dua is very powerful and if someone wanted to live longer allah could change the time for his death, we all have free will.

In relation to your point about shirk if they were clearly unknowledgeable then allah will judge them accordingly everyone is treated fair, just become someone is born not a non muslim household, and does a non believer doesnt mean they will go to hell. Allah will judge everyone accordingly.
Reply 127
Well, no, I'm saying that as time changes, the meaning of a verse can be revealed or it can apply for a different context.

Fair enough, this is very similar to the idea of dominion in Christianity, initially people interpreted it as we can do whatever and now it's evolved into stewardship, that we must care for God's creation. I have no further complaints, right now. :smile:
Original post by ozziew
Fair enough, this is very similar to the idea of dominion in Christianity, initially people interpreted it as we can do whatever and now it's evolved into stewardship, that we must care for God's creation. I have no further complaints, right now. :smile:

Lol, good because my exam is next week and i need to revise active transport!!!
Reply 129
Yeah I guess.

I don't think an all powerful omnipotent diety who left a piece of literature for the rest of mankind would talk in riddles.

It really is a unique way of looking at it though!
Reply 130
Original post by Cobalt_

No hate btw but respect other peoples beliefs rather than assuming they left based on lack of knowledge. I know you didn't mean to but thats a very arrogant way of looking at things.

o...

Original post by Cobalt_
You know when you grow up and stop believing in the tooth fairy or Santa.

Same thing, there comes a time where you have to let your imaginary friends go.

k...

hypocrisy > 9000
Original post by Mjcal1
I don't think an all powerful omnipotent diety who left a piece of literature for the rest of mankind would talk in riddles.

It really is a unique way of looking at it though!

But some of the quran is quite strongly metaphorical.
So I reckon, maybe hell would be a metaphor.
AN EXTENDED METAPHOR MAN, wish me luck on my english exam D:
Original post by ozziew
Faith, by definition, is belief without evidence. The very fact that you seek evidence would be frowned upon. Are you saying that the Qu' ran is out of date and needs updating or something? If that is what you imply then it is blasphemous as, as I've said, it is written by a perfect being who is thus omniscient, do you see how His nature causes problems for Himself? The fact that He is omniscient means that He would have provided sufficient information when He did first contact humanity through Muhammad (pbuh) on the night of power.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done you made assumptions.... Where does it say anywhere in the Quran faith is believing without evidence.... Allah challenges us as humans and asks us to think deeply about him and the universe in which he created, he created intellectual beings for a reason to question things and not just say yes to everything, thats the reason why its dangerous to have doubt as it misguides alot of people, if in doubt research ask questions ask people of knowledge.
Reply 133

oh hunny I hope you're right cos I got a first class ticket there :lol:
good luck! :biggrin:

Good luck
Yeah I guess.

I dont know if youre a muslim or not, but dont say ifs and buts when its stated clearly hell is a phyiscal thing in which people will be punished, it isnt a metaphor and there is great detail about this, however before anyone starts to say how evil and how its full of hate, jannah or paradise is mentioned far more often in the quran than hellfire.
Original post by Cobalt_
Believing in something without evidence seems pretty idiotic to me.

your basically insulting over billions of people who belive in a reiligon
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
I dont know if youre a muslim or not, but dont say ifs and buts when its stated clearly hell is a phyiscal thing in which people will be punished, it isnt a metaphor and there is great detail about this, however before anyone starts to say how evil and how its full of hate, jannah or paradise is mentioned far more often in the quran than hellfire.

Ya habibi, I am a muslim K?
I'm just wondering...
i'm a muslim, but i have been questioning a lot of things about Islam.. I don't think I will ever stop believing in God though.

I know a lot of muslims who are now ex-muslims, but i think that the majority of them have left islam because they want to 'fit in'.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Dont know why youre talking about heaven and hell asif its predisposed and something thats never going to change, yes fate is written so many times but a dua is very powerful and if someone wanted to live longer allah could change the time for his death, we all have free will.

Do you know what freewill means?

Latest

Trending

Trending