The Student Room Group

Anti-Trump Supporters Being Racist to Black Trump Supporter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrincePaul6888

1) Acknowledge your own racism:The FIRST thing you NEED to do is admit that you most likely ARE RACIST YOURSELF. You have to look inside yourself thoroughly and honestly, face the truth, and admit that IT IS THE TRUTH.

2) Admit it: You have a race. So does everyone. Use the words “white people”. Know that racism still goes on and white people benefit. Know that your opinions are shaped by the white experience

Whilst ppl feel more inclined towards defending and upholding their own race, they arent necessarily racist. You're actively defending black people, that doesnt make you racist, right? Other than that this is good advice.
Original post by lolatmaths
Is this your way of saying "You've made good points and ive realised im wrong but hey, screw it because im a bigot"?

No
Original post by banterboy
No

so are you gonna man up and accept defeat or continue to be a bigot?
Original post by lolatmaths
so are you gonna man up and accept defeat or continue to be a bigot?

neither
Well. You need to slow down there. Before you talking about uniting.

Can I come and unite with your sister ? And then another black man with your mother ? Nooooooo. So before you start talking all that "unite" you have to know how far do you want to unite ?

Charity first begins at home. God helps those who help themselves. Black people are not united. First we get united, can't come over there messing with you. White people are not united, white people can't stand each other, there families are full hate. Not mention nations and groups who beef with each.

But one thing they are united on is racism. That is where white people forget all their differences and circle their wagons. That's why they can go into places South Africans, even as little as 9%, they can dominate and sh*t on the 75% majority. Why ? Because white people have code. They went into South Africa with this mentality

"OK. Boys. As you can see were outnumbered. Now we are not here to let these blacks dictate to us. We are white supremacists and that's just not going to happen.

So we are going to have to have a code of conduct and that code is that we will dominate all the brown and black people in this country.

We will takeover the economic systems to dominate them, media systems, police systems, we aim to control every aspect of this country. So all the black people are dependent and subject to us

That is your duty. Go ahead "

And you know what ? That's what they did and that is what they are still doing over there.

Well my mother is married to my father so I probably wouldn't be particularly open to that but not because of your race. My sister has a black boyfriend actually.

& Exactly ! That is my point ! Charity really does begin at home, and the biggest problem for black people is other black people. Black on black crime, I'm sure counts for a greater percentage than white on black crime. Therefore black lives matters is a bit silly in its approach to police officers when the truth is the most imminent threat is actually coming from other blacks.

Don't you think it's slightly silly to generalise like that ? I can't help but feel as though you make a slightly bigger issue out of your race than anybody else.

Yes that's correct, like I previously said, the white western world has always lived in its bubble of superiority and imposed its will on others and though this attitude does still exist it's not something that unites all white people. I for one completely disagree with it. I judge a person on character not race. Your statement is incredibly prejudiced, implying that all white people are racist and that's not the case.
Original post by #JOSH45#
My sister has a black boyfriend actually.

And how does your family like that ?

Don't you think it's slightly silly to generalise like that ? I can't help but feel as though you make a slightly bigger issue out of your race than anybody else.
I don't see race in everything. It's just that with this statement you see race in nothing.

There are tons and tons of books and blogs written by living, breathing black people and other people of colour. Read those, the more the better and see for yourself how much of this stuff I am making up. But I guess this convo is too much for you now. So you run along back to your little white world, your white family and your white friends.

. Black on black crime, I'm sure counts for a greater percentage than white on black crime. Therefore black lives matters is a bit silly in its approach to police officers when the truth is the most imminent threat is actually coming from other blacks.

More black people killed by black people than by the Police ?

True. But guess what ?

That would have been true 100 years ago.

That would have been true under apartheid in South Africa. That would have been true under Jim Crow segregation in the USA. But would the black on black crime argument been a good reason to excuse for the KKK hangings of black men ? Would the black on black crime argument been a good reason to excuse the kilings of black people by Police 100 years ago ?

No. So why is it now ?

The black on black crime figure will always be higher that white on black. Why ? Because those are the people you live around.The same way the white on white killings will be higher than black on white.

Yet, the only race-based phrase to ever describe crime is black on black ?

Why is that ?

Your argument is like telling Breast Cancer Support Groups not to bother with that cancer and focus on Lung Cancer because that is the biggest cancer killer. When ISIS killed whites in Paris or 9-11 Twin Towers you did not hear people say "Well, more white people kill white people, than Muslims""

But that would have been just as true.

The police are held to a higher standard. That's why police killings of black people cause the commotion that they do. Because if you have the power to kill me, then you better believe I'm gonna hold you to a higher standard.

It's the same way a teacher can't be late often for their class and then turn around and say "Well some of you arelate too"

With great power comes greater responsibility,themz the rules.

Secondly just so you know, black community leaders discuss crime in urban communities often.

Home | Stopping the Spread of Violence | Cure Violence

That you don’t know this, is simply because you don’t know many if any black people, haven’t spent time yourself in those communities, and you most likely don’t read or listen to black media, where not only are such issues covered, but the efforts made by people in the community to address those problems are also highlighted;

Young Men's Initiative

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/19/ny...ver.html?_r=2&

Needless to say you don’t know about groups like the Nation of Islam, which have a long track record of effective anti-crime initiatives in urban communities (and a history of getting black menwith records moving in a more productive direction), And you don’t know about folks like the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who has been involved multiple initiativesaimed at addressing violence and crime on the South Side Chicago

So this idea you might have that black ppl are not bothered when other black people get killed is false and there are thousand and thousands and thousands of black people I could mention.

Like black mothers trying to work two jobs to support their kids, without childcare, without adequate health care, having to choose between buying them clothes for school or paying a heating bill. Like kids who persevere against all odds,going to schools to learn and finding not enough textbooks, .

Talking about “black on black” crime is the dumbest, most racist phrase used to describe crime in the world right now.

Yes that's correct, like I previously said, the white western world has always lived in its bubble of superiority and imposed its will on others and though this attitude does still exist it's not something that unites all white people. I for one completely disagree with it. I judge a person on character not race. Your statement is incredibly prejudiced, implying that all white people are racist and that's not the case.
Well - When I say all white people are racist. I say that the same way as I would that a car is blue. Racism not always an angry thing.

I believe that all people (white and even of colour) raised in a society where racism has been (and still is) so prevalent, will have internalized elements of racist thinking. So in countries where beliefs in European/white superiority and domination have been historically embedded, it is likely that everyone in such places will have ingested some of that conditioning.

I think all whites have been conditioned to accept white dominance in the social, political and economic system, and to believe that white dominance is a preferable arrangement for the society in which they live.
(edited 7 years ago)
More black people killed by black people than by the Police ?

True. But guess what ?

That would have been true 100 years ago.

That would have been true under apartheid in South Africa. That would have been true under Jim Crow segregation in the USA. But would the black on black crime argument been a good reason to excuse for the KKK hangings of black men ? Would the black on black crime argument been a good reason to excuse the kilings of black people by Police 100 years ago ?

No. So why is it now ?

The black on black crime figure will always be higher that white on black. Why ? Because those are the people you live around.The same way the white on white killings will be higher than black on white.

Yet, the only race-based phrase to ever describe crime is black on black ?

Why is that ?

Your argument is like telling Breast Cancer Support Groups not to bother with that cancer and focus on Lung Cancer because that is the biggest cancer killer. When ISIS killed whites in Paris or 9-11 Twin Towers you did not hear people say "Well, more white people kill white people, than Muslims""

But that would have been just as true.

The police are held to a higher standard. That's why police killings of black people cause the commotion that they do. Because if you have the power to kill me, then you better believe I'm gonna hold you to a higher standard.

It's the same way a teacher can't be late often for their class and then turn around and say "Well some of you arelate too"

With great power comes greater responsibility,themz the rules.

Secondly just so you know, black community leaders discuss crime in urban communities often.

Home | Stopping the Spread of Violence | Cure Violence

That you don’t know this, is simply because you don’t know many if any black people, haven’t spent time yourself in those communities, and you most likely don’t read or listen to black media, where not only are such issues covered, but the efforts made by people in the community to address those problems are also highlighted;

Young Men's Initiative

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/19/ny...ver.html?_r=2&

Needless to say you don’t know about groups like the Nation of Islam, which have a long track record of effective anti-crime initiatives in urban communities (and a history of getting black menwith records moving in a more productive direction), And you don’t know about folks like the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who has been involved multiple initiativesaimed at addressing violence and crime on the South Side Chicago

So this idea you might have that black ppl are not bothered when other black people get killed is false and there are thousand and thousands and thousands of black people I could mention.

Like black mothers trying to work two jobs to support their kids, without childcare, without adequate health care, having to choose between buying them clothes for school or paying a heating bill. Like kids who persevere against all odds,going to schools to learn and finding not enough textbooks, .

Talking about “black on black” crime is the dumbest, most racist phrase used to describe crime in the world right now.

Well - When I say all white people are racist. I say that the same way as I would that a car is blue. Racism not always an angry thing.

I believe that all people (white and even of colour) raised in a society where racism has been (and still is) so prevalent, will have internalized elements of racist thinking. So in countries where beliefs in European/white superiority and domination have been historically embedded, it is likely that everyone in such places will have ingested some of that conditioning.

I think all whites have been conditioned to accept white dominance in the social, political and economic system, and to believe that white dominance is a preferable arrangement for the society in which they live.

My family's fine with it, he's a person not a race.

Of course it doesn't excuse it, but it sounds quite hypocritical to say "Black lives matter (but only when it's a white police officer doing the killing) " but when the blacks kill other blacks the black lives matter movement is nowhere to be found.

& we don't live in America so there's no lack of healthcare or childcare, conservatives have been incredible in getting people back to work and providing free childcare so that they have no excuses.

Police abusing their power and killing innocents i wouldn't necessarily say is worse, because a persons life is lost regardless of who took it but I guess it is quite different when people are in authoritative positions versus when it's just a random hooligan and therefore they should receive a harsher penalty.
(edited 7 years ago)
Of course it doesn't excuse it, but it sounds quite hypocritical to say "Black lives matter (but only when it's a white police officer doing the killing) " but when the blacks kill other blacks the black lives matter movement is nowhere to be found.
Well here's the thing

What is the point of trying to stop Black people from complaining about fellow Blacks who are killed police abuse ? If ALL people are really suffering from police brutality equally, then wouldn’t you think that Whites should be complaining about the POLICE, rather than complaining about Blacks calling out the police ?

If Whites really believed all lives mattered, they would protest police brutality against Whites on the same scale that Blacks do.

But Whites don’t, because they take it for granted that the police will not target them because of their race.

The truth is, Whites are also brutalized by police (in the sense that American policing is heavy-handed all around compared to many other countries)

But only Blacks seem to be making an effort to change that.

Black Lives Matter is essentially fighting for everyone’s rights and all they get in return is chastisement from those who would also benefit from change.

But white people will support harsher policing if they’ll hurt blacks even if they could potentially be used against whites too. It’s an example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Quick Reply

Latest