The Student Room Group

sex before marriage....

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
then leave islam if you are not interested than it doesn't matter whether having sex is a sin :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by boredasf
how big of a sin is sex before marriage in Islam???

everyone does it.
it's the norm, and everyone has urges.

I am a Muslim, but tbh i'm not very practicing anymore.
i'm not interested in Islam anymore... i feel like i'm not as spiritual as i used to be.
I'm really interested in Sufism, but I just feel as though there are so many rules in Islam and living in a non-muslim country it's so hard to be a good muslim.

i know so many muslims who are now ex-muslims, and i think i'm becoming influenced.

how many of you so-called Muslims are actually muslims??? lol it's all a facade.

i don't even know what this thread is.....

Well Muslims aren't "everyone". If Muslims went ahead with that mentality.. there wouldn't be much true Islam left.
Its fornication... or "zina" as they call it. Pretty big sin. If you're interested in Sufism it's worth listening to Shaykh Hamza Yusuf who has a whole series on Sufism.
Listening to Islamic talkers,(the right ones) will perk up your interest.
Definitely worth keeping the company of "good" muslims per say.
I'm all for sex before marriage :colone:
It's a Big sin in Islam.

If you seek to be more religious, then don't have sex before marriage or masturbate (or masturbate, to don't forget about sex before marriage).

If you don't seek to be religious anymore and are unsure if Islam is true, then be careful if ever you decide to have sex (safe sex and all that).
Reply 5
Original post by TSR_Model
then leave islam if you are not interested then it doesn't matter whether having sex is a sin :colonhash:

yeah I think i'm close to leaving Islam.. but it's difficult because my family very practicing muslims and ramadan is coming up..
my mum is constantly going on about praying 5 times a day and dressing modestly etc.
There is this little concept called sexual compatibility.

It basically means that sex and sexual activity can be better or worse depending on the person you're doing it with, and since sex and physical attraction is an important component of a relationship, people need to be physically intimate and have sex (ideally before marriage) in order to see whether or not they are sexually compatible.

People in relationships without sexual and intimate compatibility are likely to be unhappy and their marriages are more likely to end in a number of miserable ways; the divorce being the most obvious example. So, to summarize, people are biologically driven and motivated to have sex, sexual compatibility is an important part of relationships and therefore, no mater your beliefs, sex before marriage is not only healthy, but highly necessary.
Reply 7
Original post by Someboady
Well Muslims aren't "everyone". If Muslims went ahead with that mentality.. there wouldn't be much true Islam left.
Its fornication... or "zina" as they call it. Pretty big sin. If you're interested in Sufism it's worth listening to Shaykh Hamza Yusuf who has a whole series on Sufism.
Listening to Islamic talkers,(the right ones) will perk up your interest.
Definitely worth keeping the company of "good" muslims per say.

Yeah Hamza Yusuf is my favourite sheikh to listen to!
but atm i feel so far from islam.. i'm just not interested at all..
yeah I think i'm close to leaving Islam.. but it's difficult because my family very practicing muslims and ramadan is coming up..
my mum is constantly going on about praying 5 times a day and dressing modestly etc.

Please use Ramadhan as a way of seeking new knowledge and becoming more aware of the Deen.
And DO NOT become influenced by your friends to make such decisions. If anything, they're a very bad influence find new friends, who will remind you for the sake of yourself.

Zina is one of the biggest sins in Islam, and one must not come close to it.
Seek refuge buddy, I only wish the best for you
Reply 9
Reply 10
Original post by Withengar
There is this little concept called sexual compatibility.

It basically means that sex and sexual activity can be better or worse depending on the person you're doing it with, and since sex and physical attraction is an important component of a relationship, people need to be physically intimate and have sex (ideally before marriage) in order to see whether or not they are sexually compatible.

People in relationships without sexual and intimate compatibility are likely to be unhappy and their marriages are more likely to end in a number of miserable ways; the divorce being the most obvious example. So, to summarize, people are biologically driven and motivated to have sex, sexual compatibility is an important part of relationships and therefore, no mater your beliefs, sex before marriage is not only healthy, but highly necessary.

interesting!
Reply 11

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3156455
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
Please use Ramadhan as a way of seeking new knowledge and becoming more aware of the Deen.
And DO NOT become influenced by your friends to make such decisions. If anything, they're a very bad influence find new friends, who will remind you for the sake of yourself.

X

I wouldn't listen someone who is so ashamed of his beliefs that he has to go anon.
Yeah Hamza Yusuf is my favourite sheikh to listen to!
but atm i feel so far from islam.. i'm just not interested at all..

Aye he's fantastic, give Shaykh Muhammad Al-Yaqoubi a listen too, he's a Shaykh of the Shadhili Sufi order.

Well, I think you need to make some changes in your life. The fact that you've identified that you're drifting from Islam is already a step to making that change. Small things like the people you hang around with, praying 5 times a day, connecting with God. I find that I can sit down and talk to God and connect with Him and talk about my problems. There's plenty to be interested in... You've already mentioned Sufism. That is a HUGE science of Islam. Islam has one of the most sciences out of all the religions in the world. The religion is so vast most scholars (including Shaykh Hamza Yusuf) have studied for 30 years or more and they still dont feel like they have the right to call themselves scholars because of the sheer vastness of Islam.

Definitely find an interest before you lose Islam dude :smile:

Also with regards to the main point about Sex Before Marriage.. my general rule whenever I find something is that Islam will ALWAYS have an explanation for it. Shaykh Hamza Yusuf also has a speech on Sex before marriage, would you like a link?
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, let a magical being and its laws dictate everything you do in life.

Honestly, what's the point? I'd rather enjoy life without being influenced by some stupid rules that dictate what I do is 'sinful' than live an less happy life under the belief that there is a minuscule chance of some kind of afterlife or happiness after death.
Reply 15
Original post by Someboady
Aye he's fantastic, give Shaykh Muhammad Al-Yaqoubi a listen too, he's a Shaykh of the Shadhili Sufi order.

Well, I think you need to make some changes in your life. The fact that you've identified that you're drifting from Islam is already a step to making that change. Small things like the people you hang around with, praying 5 times a day, connecting with God. I find that I can sit down and talk to God and connect with Him and talk about my problems. There's plenty to be interested in... You've already mentioned Sufism. That is a HUGE science of Islam. Islam has one of the most sciences out of all the religions in the world. The religion is so vast most scholars (including Shaykh Hamza Yusuf) have studied for 30 years or more and they still dont feel like they have the right to call themselves scholars because of the sheer vastness of Islam.

Definitely find an interest before you lose Islam dude :smile:

haha yes, i'm very familiar with sheikh yaqoubi, my family are all very interested in sufi scholars such as imam ghazali, shaykh abdul qadir jilani etc.

thanks for the advice! really appreciate it! i'm a girl btw lol

i used to be really practicing, i wore hijab for about 10 years of my life. i'm 22 and decided to take it off 2 years ago.
ever since then i feel as though my faith isn't as strong. but at the same time i want to do the things non-muslims do because i don't see what is so bad about them.

this^^

May God guide you in the right path
Reply 17
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
I'm all for sex before marriage :colone:

As am i :wink:
Reply 19

the thing is, i feel as though most young muslims are just putting on an act. a lot of them aren't practicing, they're just muslim by name :/
it's hard to find actual practicing muslims who are approachable.
for example, i feel as though most the muslim girls in ISOC are so stuck up, i don't want to approach them..

i know zina is a big sin, but there are far worse sins.

Quick Reply

Latest