The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by champ_mc99
If they haven't been exposed to Islam, yes.

the hadeeth it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever dies claiming that Allaah has a rival, will enter Hell.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4497; Muslim, 92.

So, this Hadith is wrong, If an idol worshipper were to believe his gods were as powerful as any God.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
you do realise that just because something is written doesnt mean you dont have free will.... No one is forcing you to do anything now, you have free will however God knows what you are going to do what you would do will do etc.

It is written. I did not have a say in what God wrote, did I? Therefore, I don't have free will (according to your religion).
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It does not contradict itself at all. The singularity may be eternal, so always existing instead of appearing out of nothing. If you say God can be eternal then so can matter/energy.

No it doesn't, all animals evolved from a common ancestor. This is completely in line with Darwinian evolution and is supported by all the evidence. Seriously, don't make yourself look ignorant by getting the basics of Darwin's theory wrong.

.... Wow, it clearly does contradict itself since by that logic then if youre saying enery can be eternal that just makes you a hyprocite, since now you have no anchor and merely going on ifs and buts and believing in something in which the first stage and foundation isnt even clear.... How can you say its acceptable for something like energy to be eternal when energy cannot be created or destroyed... You dont have an anchor to even solidify any of the claims youre making.

I dont know why youre talking about the specifics of the theory when the theory states we pass on desired characteristics genes that help us survive, this thinking about life serves no benefit and causes DEATHS of people, why would we evolve to a degree in which we are now questioning ourselves and leading to deaths around the world
.... Wow, it clearly does contradict itself since by that logic then if youre saying enery can be eternal that just makes you a hyprocite, since now you have no anchor and merely going on ifs and buts and believing in something in which the first stage and foundation isnt even clear.... How can you say its acceptable for something like energy to be eternal when energy cannot be created or destroyed... You dont have an anchor to even solidify any of the claims youre making.

It does not contradict itself because a fundamental principle of science is that energy cannot be created or destroyed. And the irony of calling this unclear when your position is the most unclear of all, you being unable to provide a single shred of evidence for an eternal, intelligent, magical being.

I dont know why youre talking about the specifics of the theory when the theory states we pass on desired characteristics genes that help us survive, this thinking about life serves no benefit and causes DEATHS of people, why would we evolve to a degree in which we are now questioning ourselves and leading to deaths around the world

What are you on about, you're making no sense. Genetically us and apes share a common ancestor and this is backed up by all the evidence. What on earth does this have to do with us killing other people? You're sounding more and more incoherent.
Original post by Mjcal1
the hadeeth it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever dies claiming that Allaah has a rival, will enter Hell.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4497; Muslim, 92.

So, this Hadith is wrong, If an idol worshipper were to believe his gods were as powerful as any God.

The hadith is sound. Have you not read what I said? How can someone not know about Islam but somehow reject Allah?
Most Muslims are Muslims because they are indoctrinated since childhood, the number of converts to Islam forms an insignificant proportion of Muslims. And trying to use the number narrative to back up your argument is the fallacy known as argumentum ad populum. By your logic as the number of non-Muslims in the world vastly outnumbers Muslims, Islam can't be true otherwise Muslims would dominate. By your logic Christianity is also more true than Islam as there are more Christians.

"And if you obey most of those upon the earth, they will mislead you from the way of Allah . They follow not except assumption, and they are not but falsifying." (6:116)

Islam growing isn't something they should be proud of...
Original post by Legendary Quest
It is written. I did not have a say in what God wrote, did I? Therefore, I don't have free will (according to your religion).

You clealy lack comprehension, The meaning of god is all knowing, if God didnt know what you would and wouldnt do how can that entity be classed as a God, just because God does know whats written doesnt mean you dont have free will. You chose to be a muslim rather than an angel for the promise of jannah, that was your choice. Whatever is written doesnt mean you dont have free will whatever you do now is upto you.... You can choose what you want to do regardless if its written or not.
Why are Muslim's getting so butthurt at people leaving Islam? Lol
Original post by Legendary Quest
"And if you obey most of those upon the earth, they will mislead you from the way of Allah . They follow not except assumption, and they are not but falsifying." (6:116)

Islam growing isn't something they should be proud of...

It's only growing by birthrates and like all growths it will eventually slow down and then decrease in light of the global move towards secularism.
Reply 169
Original post by champ_mc99
The hadith is sound. Have you not read what I said? How can someone not know about Islam but somehow reject Allah?

So, only people who have no understanding of Islam are eligible to go to heaven but people with a limited understanding of Islam aren't.
You clealy lack comprehension, The meaning of god is all knowing, if God didnt know what you would and wouldnt do how can that entity be classed as a God, just because God does know whats written doesnt mean you dont have free will. You chose to be a muslim rather than an angel for the promise of jannah, that was your choice. Whatever is written doesnt mean you dont have free will whatever you do now is upto you.... You can choose what you want to do regardless if its written or not.

That makes no sense at all.

It's convenient that my Memory of the decision is erased.

Also which me made that decisions, zero year old me ? 12 year old me? 50 year old me? As you can imagine my answer is likely to change at different stages of my existence.
Most Muslims are Muslims because they are indoctrinated since childhood, the number of converts to Islam forms an insignificant proportion of Muslims. And trying to use the number narrative to back up your argument is the fallacy known as argumentum ad populum. By your logic as the number of non-Muslims in the world vastly outnumbers Muslims, Islam can't be true otherwise Muslims would dominate. By your logic Christianity is also more true than Islam as there are more Christians.

Not really as if you were paying attention others have already said, there are people uneducated and dont have any clue on islam or a religion. Many people on the streets wouldn't even know the basics about islam just because of this they class themselves as atheist or agnostic or whatever term you want to use. The concern isnt the overall number because not everyone knows about islam...

Btw the Christianity point the beliefs are similar and in fact Christians dont actually know their own book, they should be fasting abstain from eating pork eating meat the way we do it "halal". So many Christians again wouldnt even know this and class themselves as Christians.
Reply 172
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
Why are Muslim's getting so butthurt at people leaving Islam? Lol

i don't understand either why non-muslims are getting so butthurt at muslims trying to understand why his/her fellow muslim left islam.
x
Not really as if you were paying attention others have already said, there are people uneducated and dont have any clue on islam or a religion. Many people on the streets wouldn't even know the basics about islam just because of this they class themselves as atheist or agnostic or whatever term you want to use. The concern isnt the overall number because not everyone knows about islam...

And this is to be expected from most people who have simply been raised Muslims and haven't had to do much research like converts generally do.

Btw the Christianity point the beliefs are similar and in fact Christians dont actually know their own book, they should be fasting abstain from eating pork eating meat the way we do it "halal". So many Christians again wouldnt even know this and class themselves as Christians.

They're similar because both Islam and Christianity are ripped off versions of Judaism. The bit about not eating pork is in the Old Testament. Jesus overturned that rule in the New Testament when he clearly said that nothing you eat can make you unclean.
Reply 174

Also which me made that decisions, zero year old me ? 12 year old me? 50 year old me? As you can imagine my answer is likely to change at different stages of my existence.

*toddler's voice* "I wanna be humaaan"
Original post by Mjcal1
So, only people who have no understanding of Islam are eligible to go to heaven but people with a limited understanding of Islam aren't.

Depends how limited. If some homeless guy in a desert or something knows Islam tells you to pray 5 times a day but nothing else, then he has a chance. Like you said, they will be judged fairly.
It does not contradict itself because a fundamental principle of science is that energy cannot be created or destroyed. And the irony of calling this unclear when your position is the most unclear of all, you being unable to provide a single shred of evidence for an eternal, intelligent, magical being.

What are you on about, you're making no sense. Genetically us and apes share a common ancestor and this is backed up by all the evidence. What on earth does this have to do with us killing other people? You're sounding more and more incoherent.

Can you not understand comprehension.... Why would we evolve to a degree where we QUESTION LIFE, EXISTENCE, it SERVES no BENEFIT, it HARMS many people, this goes against the very theory of passing on desired characteristics to SURVIVE...

Im not talking about debating common ancestor if you read the point im making, im referring to evolution of questioning existence.
Original post by Bliss_
i don't understand either why non-muslims are getting so butthurt at muslims trying to understand why his/her fellow muslim left islam.
x

Dude , I'm an ex Muslim. I know exactly what emotions you are going through. It's typical for people to feel insecure when others break rank and move to an apparently more comfortable position. I bet you question your faith all the time, only to fall back on the biggest scapegoat of all time "shaytan". Mash Allah may Allah give you the sense to reject him. Ameen

If God knows what's written then that means my future has been decided for me meaning I have no free will because I did not have a say in what was written. It is either that or my future is not written at all. God may know the different possible outcomes of decisions I make however, ultimately, I should be the one making the decision. Your theory that all is written contradicts the idea of freewill.

Life is a test, it would hardly be a test if you remember being asked a question by GOD....

The you before you were born im not going into the specifics of this since thats another diff topic

Latest

Trending

Trending