The Student Room Group

My braces hurt :(

So i got my top braces fitted today and they put a small thin wire in to move them slowly and get some progress goin.

On the bottom however apparently the wire had snapped(i didn't even know, maybe i have hard brushing or something xD) but to stop the wire from snapping the second time, today they put in one of the meatiest wires i've seen.
It's literally 3-4 times the thickness of the wire they put on my top teeth

Scroll to see replies

Sad
Put some respeck on it
Reply 3
Original post by IXxi HIIDA ixXI
Sad

it is.....
Reply 4
Original post by xColourReign
Put some respeck on it

wat is that?
Take some painkillers and eat soft foods :smile:
Original post by poundsoffat
it is.....

What are we going to do?
wat is that?

It's a meme :biggrin:
Aw man...I remember when my braces hurt. It sucked. I just want to give you a hug.
Yep, I was on the same boat as you and had to eat baby food for like a week but then my dentist got mad because he said I needed to "chew" xD, but don't worry, the pain will wear off and it will all be worth it in the end! #flawlessteeth
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Aw man...I remember when my braces hurt. It sucked. I just want to give you a hug.

Me too! It was bad enough with just the usual braces, but then they started adding other stuff like chains and rotation wedges, which made it so much worse :frown:

I was so glad to get them off!
yh, ikr i had braces, and it pained a lot but went after a week, so u should be fine after a while :smile:
Take painkillers if they're hurting a lot but otherwise, ice cream and nothing you have to bite hard. The pain will go away in a few days.
Original post by IXxi HIIDA ixXI
What are we going to do?

Inject me with a few cartons of apple juice

haha ...(i really am sad on the inside)
meh it's annoying at first but sometimes your teeth are so ****ed up that it hurts to loosen them then let them move, especially those teeth at the back of my jaw?
Original post by zaggalicious
Yep, I was on the same boat as you and had to eat baby food for like a week but then my dentist got mad because he said I needed to "chew" xD, but don't worry, the pain will wear off and it will all be worth it in the end! #flawlessteeth

lol you actually had baby food? xD
i remember it took me about 1 hour to eat a bag of crushed up crisps the first time i had my braces on xD
Original post by Leviathan1741
Me too! It was bad enough with just the usual braces, but then they start adding other stuff like chains and rotation wedges, which makes it so much worse :frown:

I was so glad to get them off!

Good grief, and I thought I had it bad enough. I never had any of those accessories.
Original post by glassriver
Take painkillers if they're hurting a lot but otherwise, ice cream and nothing you have to bite hard. The pain will go away in a few days.

lol i remember the first time i had my braces fitted was on the days i had my gcse mocks xD dam it sucked so hard i couldn't even sleep that night xD

ice cream eh? i can eat almost nothing for a day though xD
Good grief, and I thought I had it bad enough. I never had any of those accessories.

Ah you're lucky!
It wasn't too long actually, only 20 months I think. Some of my cousins had theirs on for 5 years or so!
Ahh this brings back tearful memories. It will go eventually don't worry
lol i remember the first time i had my braces fitted was on the days i had my gcse mocks xD dam it sucked so hard i couldn't even sleep that night xD

ice cream eh? i can eat almost nothing for a day though xD

I got my braces first in about year 7 and spent a lot of time telling my parents how much agony I was in :smile: I guess you'll have to wait for the ice cream, but it's worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest