The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cos I enjoy getting drunk and having pre-marital relationships too much :drool:
Original post by Bliss_
lol some people just make it seem that way. if it was sexist, racist and a homophobic relegion who was against freedom of women i'd be the first one to doubt.

No, it is sexist and homophobic. Don't even deny it, if you read your quran properly you would know.
Simply put if it was so obvious God existed there is no point to test humans and all muslims believe life is a test, What is the point of a test if the answer is right there, I can only help you to some degree and then its all on you really . If you want to know the truth then fair enough but if you are here to just disprove God then thats like neglecting the knowledge given. Instead of trying to argue against God try to find if God exists. That way i aint forcing you to believe in God but just suggesting the idea to you and from that you will reach your answer.
Reply 243
Original post by Nuwfall
Think of it this way , if islam came and said ' no more slaves' then people will hate on it so much it would never grow (slavery was so big in that culture). Islam allowed slaves to have FAR better lives and promoted to free them therefore the religion would be accepted by some people due to its fairness in that society and as the religion grew more slaves would be free resulting in slavery to decrease and later banish. Basically slaves where allowed as it was so big in that culture but promoted to free slaves and as the religion grew the slaves would decrease and at the same time cause society not to argue , it very clever if you think about it.

Try telling how clever it is to the child that's born into slavery that later marries her owner. Or the the wife of a fallen soldier who becomes "what the right hand possesses" I'm sure they can see the wisdom behind it. Btw, there is nothing wrong with having skates islamically TODAY. Countries like Saudi only stopped quite recently because of pressures from other countries. Quite sickening tbh.
Reply 244
Original post by tania<3
Cos I enjoy getting drunk and having pre-marital relationships too much :drool:

Sex is only for married couples who are open to pro-creation. JK
Original post by Sfhkh

Atheists argument

If God is omnipotent(all-powerful) surely God could stop evil and suffering in the world. If God is Omni-benevolent(All-loving) surely God would of created a world without suffering.

Hope that makes sense.

That's not the argument I made...

Original post by Sfhkh
Yes, if you create a act of moral evil(rape and murder) you'll enter Hell.

What I mean't was God cannot interfere with someone's free will. Therefore God will not stop a person from murdering someone.

I said that God knows you will burn in hell for eternity even before He created but still decided to create you... imagine creating someone knowing that s/he will be tortured for eternity... you could say, He created certain beings for the sole purpose of being tortured for eternity...

Original post by Sfhkh

Argument...
The Big Bang Theory was partly discovered by Lematre a priest.

Unlike you, Georges Lemaitres urged caution when the pope tried use this as propaganda for creationism (much like you're doing now). He, in fact, heavily detested the pope for doing so and he advocated for keeping science out of Catholic theology, something he knew wasn't compatible. Maybe if you are using him so much, you could actually learn from what he... preached (if you will).

Original post by Sfhkh

Also the argument of design is supported by evidence from physics that the universe is finely turned for life.
Somewhere along those lines.

In fact, that is merely an assertion that isn't justified. Maybe life is we know wouldn't exist outside the defined constants, but that doesn't mean life would never have existed.
To justify such assertion, you need to understand the relative probability of the universe arising from all different constant. And for that, you need to do some sort of probability distribution to actually determine this. Considering that hasn't happened, or maybe never will, we can't know it for certain, despite what it seems like. Without such justification, that assertion is baseless.
Original post by Sfhkh
Sex is only for married couples who are open to pro-creation. JK

Ofcourse. How dare you do whatever the hell you want with your body and have fun!?!
Reply 247
Original post by Nuwfall
Think of it this way , if islam came and said ' no more slaves' then people will hate on it so much it would never grow (slavery was so big in that culture). Islam allowed slaves to have FAR better lives and promoted to free them therefore the religion would be accepted by some people due to its fairness in that society and as the religion grew more slaves would be free resulting in slavery to decrease and later banish. Basically slaves where allowed as it was so big in that culture but promoted to free slaves and as the religion grew the slaves would decrease and at the same time cause society not to argue , it very clever if you think about it.

How would you feel if you mum, wife or daughter were used as concubines (sex slaves) after a battle and you were on the opposing side. Seriously, think about it objectively. ITS SO UNBELIEVABLY WRONG. In everyway. You can't even half justify it.
Original post by Nuwfall
I will not argue the claim anymore simply because I dont know more about it however most things islam proves after it was brought up simply because we could not infer it before as the quran is so complicated. Its like having a math answer and the working out was scribbles. Someone comes and gives a working out and answer and then someone else looks and the scribbles and compares it with the working out. He started to see some numbers and such appearing in both and therefore the first answer was only acknowledged when people understood why it came to it.Basically The quran is so complicated that when we get some logical proof by scientists we start to link it with the quran and most time it makes sense.

Lol no, it's precisely because when something is discovered Muslims try to manipulate the Quran to fit science, not because the science is actually in there.
Reply 249
Original post by loveleest
No, it is sexist and homophobic. Don't even deny it, if you read your quran properly you would know.

i do read the Quran every now and then and not once it said anything against women and men. Please don't push your beliefs down my throat and do some proper research before you comment on someones faith without any proofs.
Reply 250
Original post by tania<3
Ofcourse. How dare you do whatever the hell you want with your body and have fun!?!

lol Someone needs to go to confession and confess their sins...
Original post by Sfhkh
The argument that could support the design of the universe could be Isaac Newton's argument on the design of the thumb. William Paley also talked about the watch and how it's so complex.
The universe is so complex it could not have happened by chance. The world is designed so perfectly it must have a designer which much be God.

If something so complex must have a designer (your argument btw), then God must be even more complex.

Which goes back to the original argument (what you said), something complex must have a designer, who designed the complex God?
Reply 252
Original post by Bliss_
i do read the Quran every now and then and not once it said anything against women and men. Please don't push your beliefs down my throat and do some proper research before you comment on someones faith without any proofs.

It allows husband's to beat their wives. Isn't that sexist?
Original post by Mjcal1
Try telling how clever it is to the child that's born into slavery that later marries her owner. Or the the wife of a fallen soldier who becomes "what the right hand possesses" I'm sure they can see the wisdom behind it. Btw, there is nothing wrong with having skates islamically TODAY. Countries like Saudi only stopped quite recently because of pressures from other countries. Quite sickening tbh.

You preach how slavery is sicking which is true but you still buy nike shoes produced by child workers getting paid pennies? The fallen solider thing is a misconception , please search into it properly. Saudi arabia is a ****ed up country and I agree with you there , they dont really represent islam and im talking goverment here not people.
Original post by Sfhkh
lol Someone needs to go to confession and confess their sins...

It's only a sin if you feel guilty about it. :wink:
Original post by Bliss_

With all due respect, I defend muslims a lot and their right to practise but you cannot say the Islamic ideology is not anti-gay and oppressive of women... it is and the Quran puts that plainly. I have read it in translation, twice.
Original post by Nuwfall
You preach how slavery is sicking which is true but you still buy nike shoes produced by child workers getting paid pennies? The fallen solider thing is a misconception , please search into it properly. Saudi arabia is a ****ed up country and I agree with you there , they dont really represent islam and im talking goverment here not people.

It's all well and good you saying they do not represent Islam but they do... they are the leading nation in the world for the Islamic way of life.
Original post by Bliss_

haha, funny. Either you skipped some verses in the quran or you are in denial.

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176). In Islam, sexism is mathematically established.

Bukhari (2:29) - Women comprise the majority of Hell's occupants. This is important because the only women in heaven mentioned explicitly by Muhammad are the virgins who serve the sexual desires of men. (A weak Hadith, Kanz al-`ummal, 22:10, even suggests that 99% of women go to Hell).

Abu Dawud (2155) - Women are compared to slaves and camels with regard to the "evil" in them.

But well done for not denying homophobia in the quran, a lot of Muslims tend to do that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ivybridge
It's all well and good you saying they do not represent Islam but they do... they are the leading nation in the world for the Islamic way of life.

Well the islamic way of life is the quran and the hadith so anyone who looks up to saudi for religion is completley wrong
Reply 259
Original post by daal roti hummus
That's not the argument I made...

I said that God knows you will burn in hell for eternity even before He created but still decided to create you... imagine creating someone knowing that s/he will be tortured for eternity... you could say, He created certain beings for the sole purpose of being tortured for eternity...

Unlike you, Georges Lemaitres urged caution when the pope tried use this as propaganda for creationism (much like you're doing now). He, in fact, heavily detested the pope for doing so and he advocated for keeping science out of Catholic theology, something he knew wasn't compatible. Maybe if you are using him so much, you could actually learn from what he... preached (if you will).

In fact, that is merely an assertion that isn't justified. Maybe life is we know wouldn't exist outside the defined constants, but that doesn't mean life would never have existed.
To justify such assertion, you need to understand the relative probability of the universe arising from all different constant. And for that, you need to do some sort of probability distribution to actually determine this. Considering that hasn't happened, or maybe never will, we can't know it for certain, despite what it seems like. Without such justification, that assertion is baseless.

Even I don't know the answer about being burn't for eternity. I don't think anyone knows. I haven't studies much about him but I just knew he was a priest which was used to show that you can believe in God and Science.

Latest

Trending

Trending