The Student Room Group

Why people should stop hating muslims

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CorpusLuteum
Lol, you don't have to justify yourself to a very ignorant person who claims to hate most muslims and says that your views oppose islam when they really don't.
Just saying.

Thank you, and I understand :smile:
Reply 141
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
What me and @serah.exe were trying to say was the sheer hypocrisy of some hijabis because they preach chastity and modesty but they go off and give people head and do other haraam things.

Like what? eating bacon?
Reply 142
Original post by sfaraj

if i said christianity is bull then christians would be quick to backfire and get offended, i stated a fact.

No, Christians wouldn't care. Everybody can laugh at Christianity without facing any consequence. The papacy is probably the most consistently derided institution in history.
Original post by oShahpo
Islam advocates everything you stand against. However, you are a reasonable member of society. That's why people hate the doctrine of Islam, but not all it's followers, because of people like you who have a more peaceful interpretation of it.

"Islam advocates" that's your issue. What do you mean by "Islam"? Do you mean Saudi Arabian Islam or Secular Islam? Because you're totally wrong to say that Secular Islam advocated against everything I said. You are totally right if you say Saudi Arabian or Pakistani or Wahabbism etc.
Original post by Josb
Like what? eating bacon?

Eating bacon, smoking, drinking,doing drugs etc.
Hate is a strong word, and creates more hatred.

Lord Gaben believes we should love one another regardless of our differences in religious beliefs.
My interpretation on Islam is that if you do not follow the Quran WORD FOR WORD then you cannot identify as a Muslim. Every single Muslim should believe the Quran was written by Mohammed, no? And the words Mohammed wrote were sent directly from God. Therefore if you disagree with ANY of the ideas put forward in the Quran (Wife beating, opposition to homosexuality, eating Halal - the list goes on) then you are consciously defying both Mohammed, and subsequently God. And for that there is no greater crime as they are the centerpieces of the Islam religion. To disagree on one part is to discredit the validity of the entire religion itself.

You may argue Christians should follow the Bible word for word, however none of the authors of the bible claimed to have spoken to an Angel directly, therefore it's authenticity is a lot more debatable and up for interpretation.

If anyone has a rebuttal to this, please let me hear it, but from the way I see it, there is no excuse, for the reasons I have mentioned above.
Original post by cstubbs101
My interpretation on Islam is that if you do not follow the Quran WORD FOR WORD then you cannot identify as a Muslim. Every single Muslim should believe the Quran was written by Mohammed, no? And the words Mohammed wrote were sent directly from God. Therefore if you disagree with ANY of the ideas put forward in the Quran (Wife beating, opposition to homosexuality, eating Halal - the list goes on) then you are consciously defying both Mohammed, and subsequently God. And for that there is no greater crime as they are the centerpieces of the Islam religion. To disagree on one part is to discredit the validity of the entire religion itself.

You may argue Christians should follow the Bible word for word, however none of the authors of the bible claimed to have spoken to an Angel directly, therefore it's authenticity is a lot more debatable and up for interpretation.

If anyone has a rebuttal to this, please let me hear it, but from the way I see it, there is no excuse, for the reasons I have mentioned above.

lol, so you're fine with someone beating you up?
lol, so you're fine with someone beating you up?

Eh? I'm not a Muslim. My post was to say how the vast majority of people cannot call themselves Muslim because they actively defy the word of 'God'

I myself am a very agnostic Christian
Eh? I'm not a Muslim. My post was to say how the vast majority of people cannot call themselves Muslim because they actively defy the word of 'God'

I myself am a very agnostic Christian

Well, nobody is perfect and it's inhumane to hit people so yeah lots of people can call themselves muslim but not all are very useful to the religion its self.
Well, nobody is perfect and it's inhumane to hit people so yeah lots of people can call themselves muslim but not all are very useful to the religion its self.

I understand that, however calling yourself a Muslim is different from actually being a Muslim. Many of the KKK identified as Christians however there are not many more groups that are more detached from the religion they claim to be a part of.
Reply 151
There is no compulsion in Islam ok?! :angry:

That?:

We have created (their Companions) of special creation.
And made them virgin—pure (and undefiled)
— Quran, sura 56 (Al-Waqia), ayat 35-36

And give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous good deeds, that for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise). Every time they will be provided with a fruit therefrom, they will say: "This is what we were provided with before," and they will be given things in resemblance (i.e. in the same form but different in taste) and they shall have therein Azwajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives), (having no menses, stools, urine, etc.) and they will abide therein forever.
Quran 2:25

Surely for the godfearing awaits a place of security, gardens and vineyards and maidens with swelling breasts, like of age, and a cup overflowing.
Quran 78:33

A houri is a most beautiful young woman with a transparent body. The marrow of her bones is visible like the interior lines of pearls and rubies. She looks like red wine in a white glass. She is of white color, and free from the routine physical disabilities of an ordinary woman such as menstruation, menopause, urinal and offal discharge, child bearing and the related pollution. A houri is a girl of tender age, having large breasts which are round (pointed), and not inclined to dangle. Houris dwell in palaces of splendid surroundings.
— Al-Tirmidhi, Jami` at-Tirmidhi [At-Tirmidhi, volume 2, pg 35-40]

:rofl: Whoever wrote that was a sick pervert.
Original post by James82
23% of British Muslims want sharia law in the UK
32% of British muslims felt sympathy towards those who attacked and killed Charlie Hebdo employees for mocking Allah
49% of British Muslims feel Muslim hate preachers are justified
52% of British Muslims want homosexuality to be made illegal

I don't hate all Muslims, but these statistics show why I hate most Muslims.

Only one of those statistics shows that a majority of Muslims hold a disagreeable view. I'd also be interested to see where these statistics were published

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
Only one of those statistics shows that a majority of Muslims hold a disagreeable view. I'd also be interested to see where these statistics were published

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's assuming all the percentages were the same people
(I.E. The 23% that want Sharia Law are not necessarily part of the 52% that want to ban homosexuality. Bad example I know as sharia law forbids homosexuality however the point still stands. It is possible that they are independent and therefore 75% of Muslims (52 + 23) want both sharia law and a ban on homosexuality)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Axel Johann
Did anyone actually watch the video? I mean I didn't but... no-one seems to be talking about it! :lol:

I did.
Reply 155
Original post by Axel Johann
Did anyone actually watch the video? I mean I didn't but... no-one seems to be talking about it! :lol:

I watched. Why did you not watch?
That's assuming all the percentages were the same people
(I.E. The 23% that want Sharia Law are not necessarily part of the 52% that want to ban homosexuality. Bad example I know as sharia law forbids homosexuality however the point still stands. It is possible that they are independent and therefore 75% of Muslims (52 + 23) want both sharia law and a ban on homosexuality)

Where were these statistics published?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where were these statistics published?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't the one who posted those statistics, however earlier in the thread someone stated they were from the Guardian and a Channel 4 poll
Original post by PrinceAli
"Islam advocates" that's your issue. What do you mean by "Islam"? Do you mean Saudi Arabian Islam or Secular Islam? Because you're totally wrong to say that Secular Islam advocated against everything I said. You are totally right if you say Saudi Arabian or Pakistani or Wahabbism etc.

I don't know about you, but most Muslims consider the prophet and the Quran to be arbiters of what's Islamic. You know very well the prophet said that a woman can't be a ruler, he said "Women are lacking mind and religion" *that's a quote*, the Quran proclaims that the testimony of a woman is half that of a man, women should cover themselves but men not, men can marry women of other faiths but women can't, men can take female sexual slaves from conquered nations (melk al yameen & sabaya) unless they're married... as if the only value a woman has is that of being her husband's pet and not any intrinsic value of the woman as a human being, the list goes on and on and on. The Quran is obviously against equality of men and women, what you hold to believe is your interpretation of Islam, your interpretation of what's in the Quran and your interpretation of the words of Muhammed. So, to answer your question, what I mean by Islam is the reasonable person's interpretation of the Quran and Sunnah.
(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd be concerned even with a sizable minority. 1/3 of a population is far from rare

Quick Reply

Latest