The Student Room Group

Is it ok for a guy to take his shoes and socks off in the college library?

Poll

: Is it ok for a guy to take his shoes and socks off in the college library? Post a p

So i was in the library and i took my shoes off and my foot was hurting so i took my socks off, and studied barefoot. It made me focus alot more so when i get into the library i usually take my shoes and socks off. Some boys and girls do the same thing, But is it ok and would you do it.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I see no problem as long as your feet don't smell of absolute **** then i see no problem(also cut those toenails)
Reply 3
Only if it is a carpet floor.
Reply 4
If you get pedicures or manicures then why not
Personally I think: socks, fine, barefoot no. And can't walk around in socks.
No one wants sweaty bare feet. But socks is fine I guess.
i wouldn't mind in socks tbh
Original post by Adam 354
So i was in the library and i took my shoes off and my foot was hurting so i took my socks off, and studied barefoot. It made me focus alot more so when i get into the library i usually take my shoes and socks off. Some boys and girls do the same thing, But is it ok and would you do it.

Why not ask the librarians whether it is permitted?
No its not ok. It is perfectly ok for attractive females tho :sexface::sly:
Reply 10
almost everyone takes their shoes off whenever I go to the university library here.
Original post by Adam 354

As long as you're not walking around barefooted and that you've only taken them off under the table, and also on the proviso your feet are not the source of an offensive smell.

Under those conditions, while I wouldn't do it myself and while it seems slightly self-indulgent and babyish, I do not object
Original post by kkboyk
almost everyone takes their shoes off whenever I go to the university library here.

Why?
I do all the time, I walk around barefoot. I dont care, girls sit next to me, I'd rather sit next to someone who's always barefoot than a shouter. ALot of people do it here. But put your shoes on to go toilet.
Reply 14
Original post by Thutmose-III
Why?

Because it's extremely comfortable and feels like home (except you're surrounded by books).
i do it all the time
Original post by kkboyk
Because it's extremely comfortable and feels like home (except you're surrounded by books).

Like I said above, it comes across as babyish and self-indulgent. I know every generation says of the subsequent one that they are becoming weak, lazy, that they expect everything to be on a platter. But maybe that is becoming true.

We managed for generations not to need to treat university libraries, a place for serious research and quiet deliberation, into loungerooms for overgrown man-children.

It's because of crap like this that we have graduates who are completely incapable of getting a job.
No it's not, if it's OK for you to do it it's ok for some guy with a smelly fungal infection to do it... it gets out of hand fairly quickly. Best to get in the habit of wearing shoes and socks while working, it's not like you'll be able to go barefoot in the real world after University, employers will have you out the door.

Better yet, why ask us, ask the librarian at your Uni, I think you know it's not OK.
Reply 18
[video="youtube;whNW0NxfA2A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNW0NxfA2A[/video]
Original post by eden3
[video="youtube;whnw0nxfa2a"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whnw0nxfa2a[/video]

preach it lord eden

Latest

Trending

Trending