The Student Room Group

M1 is INHUMANE ?!?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by fefssdf
yeh i think its one of those things where they can apply their professional judgment and it always says mark schemes are applied positively so to mug you off with them marks would be harsh.

Yeah, especially as it could have costed me close to 15 with the part after it as well, knocking me from 100 UMS to a low A lol

By the way M1 is all about understanding. The questions can be relatively demanding and conceptually challenging for a 1 module. I found mechanics trickier than pure and stats and it was one of the few modules for which my sparse lessons (an hour with a teacher every week, I was the only one who did FM and in regular maths they just did S1 and S2) properly assisted, it is very helpful to have someone explain it to you. To that end exam solutions is particularly useful for mechanics modules.
Reply 21
Original post by sainsburys wraps
Hahahahahahaha try M3 buddy

jesus christ are you doing additional further maths or something
Reply 22
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Yeah, especially as it could have costed me close to 15 with the part after it as well, knocking me from 100 UMS to a low A lol

By the way M1 is all about understanding. The questions can be relatively demanding and conceptually challenging for a 1 module. I found mechanics trickier than pure and stats and it was one of the few modules for which my sparse lessons (an hour with a teacher every week, I was the only one who did FM and in regular maths they just did S1 and S2) properly assisted, it is very helpful to have someone explain it to you. To that end exam solutions is particularly useful for mechanics modules.

so gutting when you only get an A and not 100ums which is wait, also an A.Why is everyone so obsessed with getting full marks .
Reply 23
Original post by fefssdf
so gutting when you only get an A and not 100ums which is wait, also an A.Why is everyone so obsessed with getting full marks .

Well it is simply perfectionism. Some people are more pragmatic, realising that logically speaking it doesn't matter if you get 240 UMS or 300 UMS at AS for instance. Others set their own targets based on what they think they can achieve, and focus on these, rather than the targets of objective value.
Original post by fefssdf
jesus christ are you doing additional further maths or something

no just further
Reply 25
Original post by sainsburys wraps
no just further

I gave up at AS, as fp3/fp3 looked pretty insane, considering i would've been self teaching all of it ...
Trust me, M2 is worse. I was rubbish with M1 for 75% of last year before I did a ton of past papers the week before the exam and got an A on the exam. This year I just cant do M2 as it just feels like they make stuff up as they go along, and the exam is in just over 2 week.s
Original post by fefssdf
do you do physics ... cause i don't do physics mate and i have no idea whats going on with these particles sliding down planes like they've overdosed on lucozade

Nope, physics is irrelevant to m1.
Hello guys, I really need your help.
I got 180/200 C34, 200/200 C12 and 89/100 S1 what should I get in M1 to get an A*?
Should I only get 11 marks ( which is a U) so as to reach the 480/600 mark or I should get an E or more in the paper so it could be counted? please help since each of my friends says sth different
Original post by seemawad98
Hello guys, I really need your help.
I got 180/200 C34, 200/200 C12 and 89/100 S1 what should I get in M1 to get an A*?
Should I only get 11 marks ( which is a U) so as to reach the 480/600 mark or I should get an E or more in the paper so it could be counted? please help since each of my friends says sth different

You need 11 marks but tbh, just rack as much as you can. Someone might just wonder why you aced the others and cracked on this.
Original post by Imperion
You need 11 marks but tbh, just rack as much as you can. Someone might just wonder why you aced the others and cracked on this.

I sure will try my best. I didn't study a word though and decided to focus on A2 chemistry. Are you sure about this though?
And thank you so much :smile:
I sure will try my best. I didn't study a word though and decided to focus on A2 chemistry. Are you sure about this though?

Lol, this is me with FP2.
When is your exam? You could pretty easily self teach it in 3 days and do all past papers in 1. That's what I did last year and it got me 99 UMS. (Do a bit more than that if you want 100 ):wink:

Wow, really? Will you be sitting it tomorrow as well? If it feels risky just make sure you get >40, there they can't contest your grade.
Original post by tanyapotter
Lol, this is me with FP2.
When is your exam? You could pretty easily self teach it in 3 days and do all past papers in 1. That's what I did last year and it got me 99 UMS. (Do a bit more than that if you want 100 ):wink:

My exam is tomorrow hahaha. Sounds crazy but I hope I'll just get the A* at the end
Original post by Imperion
Wow, really? Will you be sitting it tomorrow as well? If it feels risky just make sure you get >40, there they can't contest your grade.

Yes, sitting for it tomorrow :frown: . Will try to solve 2 to 3 pastpapers now, that's all I can do
Good luck to you :biggrin:
Yes, sitting for it tomorrow :frown: . Will try to solve 2 to 3 pastpapers now, that's all I can do
Good luck to you :biggrin:

Aye, 2-3 today, 1 tomorrow morning to jog your memory - the more recent, the better. If you know the content it shouldn't be that bad and hey, you beasted your other modules :biggrin:

Thank you, same to you. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending