The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolatmaths
belittling other people because of his assumed superiority due to his race.

This is simply dishonest and vile rubbish. I never belittled anyone because of my race, and I never even gave an opinion on race. Quote me once where I did. I am mixed black-white for goodness sake. If anything, my ego is at the expense of the IQ and cranial capacity evidence I provided.
I mean i dont like to make fun of idiots but he had it coming :u:

I've already proved there is negligible link between intelligence and race. It's just disgusting ppl think like that when it is not true.

True :smile:, studies have proven time and time again that IQ tests prove nothing other than the individual's ability to pass IQ tests. Yet the only people who point to them to prove their so-called superiority are people who probably haven't achieved much and never will.
I ended that apparent rebuttal nonsense.

And could you explain to me how you did that? By saying I got an E in maths?

Where is the rational argument?
Original post by george-90
That is not necessarily true. It was my fourth, I didn't want to continue it, so I skipped lessons and just turned up for the exam.

Why would an intelligent person waste their time on a subject they don't like when they could be reading their passion? Which for me was JS Mill, Descartes, Keynes, etc.

Every single one of your posts in reference to myself has been intellectually void.

And you wanted to apply for oxford PPE? ok. seems legit.
And could you explain to me how you did that? By saying I got an E in maths?

Where is the rational argument?

"You think race determines intelligence? i.e. you're either born smart or dumb? Well, social and economic circumstances account to much more, to the point where the 3 genotypes that are vaguely linked with intelligence is completely negligible. In general, blacks live under worse circumstances, hence a correlation can be seen, but not arising from being born like that."

Here. Not once did you consider this. Here's genetics for you. Btw, correlation =/= causation.
And you wanted to apply for oxford PPE? ok. seems legit.

I still am applying. I got estimated two 74/75 on C1 and C2 resits from the unofficial mark scheme. Either way, this is irrelevant. You aren't providing anything but ad hominem and irrational argument.
I still am applying. I got estimated two 74/75 on C1 and C2 resits from the unofficial mark scheme. Either way, this is irrelevant. You aren't providing anything but ad hominem and irrational argument.

You'll notice i have, once you stop bitching about it.
"You think race determines intelligence? i.e. you're either born smart or dumb? Well, social and economic circumstances account to much more, to the point where the 3 genotypes that are vaguely linked with intelligence is completely negligible. In general, blacks live under worse circumstances, hence a correlation can be seen, but not arising from being born like that."

Here. Not once did you consider this. Here's genetics for you. Btw, correlation =/= causation.

What are you talking about? I never said any race was more or anything less than another except for education level of blacks in the UK.
#NotAllWhitePeople
You'll notice i have, once you stop bitching about it.

I'll wait for both responses so we can get both quotes into one reply.
What are you talking about? I never said any race was more or anything less than another except for education level of blacks in the UK.

Education level of blacks as a result of social and economic factors, not due to intelligence. Blacks are born in those circumstances.
You make these generalisations, when its really rich vs poor. there will be rich and poor black kids, like any other ethnic group.
Did you read under what circumstances that E was achieved? It has nothing to do with intelligence. I was dropping maths so I simply turned up to the exam because I had to be there. Surely a smart person would be able to infer something so basic. Evidently you are not.

What she said is not relevant. She is talking about a tiny Nigerian minority in the USA, whereas the banker is talking about the typical black youth in the UK. Surely I'm smarter than both of you if you are unable to comprehend this.

Go on, try and out-reason me, no ad-hominem, simply rational argument. You're not going to be able to.

If you got an E due to difficult circumstances then similarily maybe these black youths don't succeed as much as their counterparts from other races due to their unfortunate socioeconomic circumstances?

It cheapens your argument a little when you make statements like 'go on out reason me you won't be able to' and makes you sound a bit big headed.

If you simply said ' Unfortunately Black youths for a variety of reasons have a lower IQ on average than people of other races but of course this doesn't mean all blacks are stupid' and gone on to discuss rationally with other people about what these reasons are without getting upset that someone dared question your intelligence on the Internet wouldn't that be better?

Honestly it's not worth getting so het up about.
Education level of blacks as a result of social and economic factors, not due to intelligence. Blacks are born in those circumstances.
You make these generalisations, when its really rich vs poor. there will be rich and poor black kids, like any other ethnic group.

I accept that, but I never said anything to the contrary. I don't know why you think that I did. Read my comments and you'll find out why your argument is not relevant to me.

There is intellectual validity there, but none that is applicable to my points.
Original post by StrawbAri
If you got an E due to difficult circumstances then similarily maybe these black youths don't succeed as much as their counterparts from other races due to their unfortunate socioeconomic circumstances?

It cheapens your argument a little when you make statements like 'go on out reason me you won't be able to' and makes you sound a bit big headed.

If you simply said ' Unfortunately Black youths for a variety of reasons have a lower IQ on average than people of other races but of course this doesn't mean all blacks are stupid' and gone on to discuss rationally with other people about what these reasons are without getting upset that someone dared question your intelligence on the Internet wouldn't that be better?

Honestly it's not worth getting so het up about.

Quote my point. I think you're arguing with the wrong person like @lolatmaths

I never said anything contrary to your comment.
Original post by WBZ144
Hmmm...perhaps because I don't find racism amusing?

Did racism stop you working hard? :s-smilie:
Original post by TrueDetective01
Did racism stop you working hard? :s-smilie:

Rather defeatist of you.

Quote my point. I think you're arguing with the wrong person like @lolatmaths

I never said anything contrary to your comment.

No, im arguing with the right person.
No, im arguing with the right person.

Reply to the right comment.
Rather defeatist of you.

Really? How so? :s-smilie:
Of course, it is. It is overtly racist even. It is such as shame that people like this are actually in positions of power...
Reply 79
"It’s Likely because black people aren’t education enough, with even fewer attending the top universities to understand the complex nature of banking."

education enough? lol'd.

complex nature of banking? lol'd even harder.

This entire interview has got to be fake or a troll attempt.

Quick Reply

Latest