The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolatmaths
You've already accepted that you were wrong and that the comparison with nigerian immigrants in US was perfectly valid.

No I haven't. Quote it if I did.

However i've already pointed out what you said that was wrong, making silly generalisations etc. I dont think you're a racist, that said you should have been more coherent and not assert silly generalisations.

What silly generalisations have I made? Quote me.
You've already accepted that you were wrong and that the comparison with nigerian immigrants in US was perfectly valid. However i've already pointed out what you said that was wrong, making silly generalisations etc. I dont think you're a racist, that said you should have been more coherent and not assert silly generalisations.

I see you are busy making friends again and launching ad-hom attacks on users.
Original post by Jebedee
Fine, you can replace IQ with average salary and come to exactly the same conclusion.

you have no evidence.

And you fail to include social and economic factors that affect their education and ability to get a job. For starters they are generally poorer and come from deprived areas compared to other races.
Original post by The_Opinion
The fact that East Asians score highest on IQ exams, whites come 2nd and blacks come last (at least out of the three races mentioned).

Have you even looked at the IQ levels by country? What the hell are blacks? Are there not individual countries?
you have no evidence.

And you fail to include social and economic factors that affect their education and ability to get a job. For starters they are generally poorer and come from deprived areas compared to other races.

Oh wow, look at this. Evidence. http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-median-income-in-the-us-by-race-2013-9?IR=T
Your argument is basically that we should ignore trends because outliers exist.
Original post by BodhiUtah
So I was tweeted this on Twitter and had a read and don't know what to think to be honest? I agree with a lot of it but it seems well out of order. Here's an extract of the funnish bit but check it out: http://www.citysharks.co.uk/2016/05/31/investment-banker-on-black-people-in-banking/

Would you personally hire a black person?Possible, if they could do the job, but as soon as I hear any ghetto like language their gone. That’s why education is paramount as it irons out the poor character traits and polishes a person for a potential career in investment banking.I understand totally but most black people come from deprived backgrounds?I don’t buy into that crap you can make it wherever you’re from. If you want to kill your brain cells by listing to Beyonce and Jay Z and walk around with a knife then your damaging your own chances in life. Plenty of black people life like civilized human being’s, it’s just that black people choose to live less so. Just walk around London and your see it’s mainly always the black people that need to be avoided. Just look at the prisons, black males are just a criminal and lazy men on average.

"One of the world's most eminent scientists was embroiled in an extraordinary row last night after he claimed that black people were less intelligent than white people and the idea that "equal powers of reason" were shared across racial groups was a delusion.James Watson, a Nobel Prize winner for his part in the unravelling of DNA who now runs one of America's leading scientific research institutions, drew widespread condemnation for comments he made ahead of his arrival in Britain today for a speaking tour at venues including the Science Museum in London.

The 79-year-old geneticist reopened the explosive debate about race and science in a newspaper interview in which he said Western policies towards African countries were wrongly based on an assumption that black people were as clever as their white counterparts when "testing" suggested the contrary. He claimed genes responsible for creating differences in human intelligence could be found within a decade."

You can see by the responses here that there is a definite bias towards the subject, people can and do have their lives sabotaged for speaking the truth on the subject.

I was having a discussion with a few others and a mod about this the other day, wouldn't you know that after I rebutted all their arguments the thread disappeared.

I understand why people don't want to have a discussion on the matter, because the only logical solution to it is segregation. Why have Africans in an education system alongside other groups, for example, with such a severe disadvantage. Indeed, in all Western societies the majority of blacks are resigned to the lower classes simply because of their racial differences. It's completely unfair to them and us, to force us to live together. Having other groups run a society that they get to live in provides advantages to them, but, it's such a toxic subject. You'd be better leaving it alone.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/fury-at-dna-pioneers-theory-africans-are-less-intelligent-than-westerners-394898.html
(edited 7 years ago)
black and in banking

/debunked
Original post by george-90
No I haven't. Quote it if I did.

What silly generalisations have I made? Quote me.

Unbelievable. Go back and find it yourself.
I've noticed you're very prepared to accept racism and discrimination in society. Are you really happy to live in a society where there are ppl like that banker exist and uphold abhorrent beliefs, a society where we dont have equal opportunity and the elite jobs are exclusive to upper class only and largely discriminates against the poor and non whites?

Well, I have not been racially abused in my life and I've learnt that words mean absolutely eff all to me. If a person racially abuse me, I don't sit around and cry about it in a corner. I have also learnt that I shouldn't expect society to bend over for me

Are you saying that minorities have to be these eternal victims and that they cannot better themselves in life? That's the vibe I get from your posting
Original post by Jebedee
Oh wow, look at this. Evidence. http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-median-income-in-the-us-by-race-2013-9?IR=T
Your argument is basically that we should ignore trends because outliers exist.

Unbelievable. Go back and find it yourself.

Go back and quote my silly generalisations? Good one.
why are tsr people like this
Original post by TrueDetective01
Well, I have not been racially abused in my life and I've learnt that words mean absolutely eff all to me. If a person racially abuse me, I don't sit around and cry about it in a corner. I have also learnt that I shouldn't expect society to bend over for me

Are you saying that minorities have to be these eternal victims and that they cannot better themselves in life? That's the vibe I get from your posting

Neither have I, im not going to accept whats going on to others though.

Of course not. They can and do better themselves. However as i said, the way you're talking is "oh well, it hasnt happened to me and we should just accept it"
LOOOOL this is such bull. Barclay's is a perfect example of a bank with loads of black bankers. Guy has no basis with his claims. It's still even more ridiculous as there's a distribution of IQ in every demographic - by virtue there will always be black/indian/[insert minority here] people smarter than Caucasians and vice versa.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if they aren't sufficiently educated they aren't fit for the job, what is your point? Abilities make money, not excuses why you don't have those abilities.
Original post by george-90
Go back and quote my silly generalisations? Good one.

you've said they're the poorest and most uneducated. I've already disputed that.

What you've done is ignored my reply again and again. anymore of this ignorance and im just going to show you the same courtesy.
Original post by Jebedee
So if they aren't sufficiently educated they aren't fit for the job, what is your point? Abilities make money, not excuses why you don't have those abilities.

they're not all uneducated you blithering idiot.
I can't say that I have had a favourite teacher but I can say that I have had teachers who have taught me many great things. One of those teachers is Mr. Cliff, he is black. He taught me to take “pride in my work. This really inspired me because most teachers just want you to get the work done to pass, but Mr Cliff wants his students to be proud of what they did and to the they're best even though they think no one is going to read it. This really made me think that if I just give my best all the time then no one can say that I am lazy and irresponsible.
they're not all uneducated you blithering idiot.

That's nice, did I ever say all of anyone were idiots? I think you'll find in my first post in the thread I said the opposite.

#notall[insertinterchangableminority]
Neither have I, im not going to accept whats going on to others though.

Of course not. They can and do better themselves. However as i said, the way you're talking is "oh well, it hasnt happened to me and we should just accept it"

Well, I guess that is the difference between you and me. You give power to racists with your emotional responses whilst I don't.

Quick Reply