The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Social work new starters 2016

Hi, I'm lewis I'm going to be studying at edge hill in September 2016 and was just wondering if there was any other social work applicants on here that where going there? If so pop a reply on because I'm nervous as he'll meeting new people and stuff haha all about the experience though. I thought it would be cool to put this up so that the people on the course can get to know each other before we actually start!
Reply 1
Original post by Lewismorris95
Hi, I'm lewis I'm going to be studying at edge hill in September 2016 and was just wondering if there was any other social work applicants on here that where going there? If so pop a reply on because I'm nervous as he'll meeting new people and stuff haha all about the experience though. I thought it would be cool to put this up so that the people on the course can get to know each other before we actually start!

I have already completed an MA in social work and qualified, so I'm not on the course myself. I am going to Edge Hill this September to start a PhD and begin working as a graduate teaching assistant in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. My PhD directly overlaps with social work practice, so hopefully I might end up popping up there at various points as part of my work at the Uni! :smile: It'll be my first time at a Uni outside of Liverpool city centre, but I have consistently heard fantastic things about Edge Hill during my undergraduate and postgraduate courses, so you should be in very competent and excellent hands there when training. :smile:

Congrats on the offer! It's such a fantastic profession to train in and you're guaranteed to have one hell of an interesting career ahead of you. :tongue: I'll be keeping me fingers crossed that I get to come over and do some work with the student social workers - they're always an interesting bunch to be around. :smile:

The popularity of social work will very likely guarantee that the course will fill all its available intake, so you should have plenty of people to get to know throughout! ^_^

If you ever have any questions or anything about social work training etc then feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to helppp. Good luckski with ittt. :smile:
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Original post by LPK
I have already completed an MA in social work and qualified, so I'm not on the course myself. I am going to Edge Hill this September to start a PhD and begin working as a graduate teaching assistant in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. My PhD directly overlaps with social work practice, so hopefully I might end up popping up there at various points as part of my work at the Uni! :smile: It'll be my first time at a Uni outside of Liverpool city centre, but I have consistently heard fantastic things about Edge Hill during my undergraduate and postgraduate courses, so you should be in very competent and excellent hands there when training. :smile:

Congrats on the offer! It's such a fantastic profession to train in and you're guaranteed to have one hell of an interesting career ahead of you. :tongue: I'll be keeping me fingers crossed that I get to come over and do some work with the student social workers - they're always an interesting bunch to be around. :smile:

The popularity of social work will very likely guarantee that the course will fill all its available intake, so you should have plenty of people to get to know throughout! ^_^

If you ever have any questions or anything about social work training etc then feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to helppp. Good luckski with ittt. :smile:

At least I know where to come for any help haha, I cannot wait to begin the course. I just cannot wait for the very rewarding career out of social work as it's gave me a much better life. I look forward to meeting you if you teach us you'll know exactly who I am because I'm the dude that asks questions about everything to ensure I get the best answer:tongue: good luck with your PhD
Reply 3
At least I know where to come for any help haha, I cannot wait to begin the course. I just cannot wait for the very rewarding career out of social work as it's gave me a much better life. I look forward to meeting you if you teach us you'll know exactly who I am because I'm the dude that asks questions about everything to ensure I get the best answer:tongue: good luck with your PhD

Glad to hear you've had positive experiences with social work in the past! That'll certainly come in useful when developing your empathic practice whilst out on placement training. :smile:

Aha, those who ask lots of questions make the best social workers. :tongue: You might get a few evil glares from people who are hoping to edge towards the exit and head straight to the student union bar, but never let those types of people put you off. :tongue: :biggrin:
Original post by LPK
Glad to hear you've had positive experiences with social work in the past! That'll certainly come in useful when developing your empathic practice whilst out on placement training. :smile:

Aha, those who ask lots of questions make the best social workers. :tongue: You might get a few evil glares from people who are hoping to edge towards the exit and head straight to the student union bar, but never let those types of people put you off. :tongue: :biggrin:

Haha yeah that's it. I just can't wait to actually crack on. I hope you do we'll with your PhD and soon become a Dr :biggrin:
Reply 5
Haha yeah that's it. I just can't wait to actually crack on. I hope you do we'll with your PhD and soon become a Dr :biggrin:

You might feel differently when all the assignment deadlines start flooding in and the summer holidays feel like a long time away. :tongue:

Thanks. :smile: Me mates have already assured me that if and when I qualify, they'll be re-enacting this moment from Friends at any given opportunity:

Original post by LPK
You might feel differently when all the assignment deadlines start flooding in and the summer holidays feel like a long time away. :tongue:

Thanks. :smile: Me mates have already assured me that if and when I qualify, they'll be re-enacting this moment from Friends at any given opportunity:

Id get practising now hahaha it's so funny that

Quick Reply

Latest