The Student Room Group

What to do after exams???

This sounds like a really stupid question but I have seen so many people saying what they will do - I really don't know!
I don't just want to watch TV for 12 weeks, and I will get a job but I don't turn 16 until August.
Any suggestions for new hobbies to take up? I really want to spend my time productively and learn something new!
Thank you in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine774
This sounds like a really stupid question but I have seen so many people saying what they will do - I really don't know!
I don't just want to watch TV for 12 weeks, and I will get a job but I don't turn 16 until August.
Any suggestions for new hobbies to take up? I really want to spend my time productively and learn something new!
Thank you in advance!

I'm just going to revise for a levels
Reply 2
Original post by zXcodeXz

i think you should start revising for a levels right now. theyre that tough!
Reply 3

dam bro is that how much you love studying? xD
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you in advance!

You could take up a sport, learn an instrument, join a local club, read about topics which interest you, stargaze etc :smile:

Are you serious? Because I am not going to touch a textbook until September!
Reply 6
You could start learning a language.
Have you got any plans to go on holiday or go to any festivals??
If you do that will definitely take up the time :redface:
Otherwise you could take up cooking/baking or a new sport

Hope this helps xx
Original post by Guls

I have heard they are much harder than gcse's. But surely if you start working from day 1 you should be fine?
Try photography. I got really hooked onto it.
Original post by fashionlover511
Have you got any plans to go on holiday or go to any festivals??
If you do that will definitely take up the time :redface:
Otherwise you could take up cooking/baking or a new sport

Hope this helps xx

I am only going to Scotland for a week. But I will try and take up a new sport!
Revision and coursework has been so time consuming... I literally feel like it has taken over my life!

Thanks for the advice- very helpful!x
Original post by Mac117
Try photography. I got really hooked onto it.

Yes that sounds like a great thing to try! Thanks!
Reply 12
I have heard they are much harder than gcse's. But surely if you start working from day 1 you should be fine?

Im only kidding but you are definitely right. thats the main thing. especially with all the changes. what subjects are you hoping to study?
Reply 13
watch TV for 12 weeks

Exactly what I did, and you can surprisingly learn an awful lot from this. Don't regret a single second of it 😂😊
Original post by Oiseaux
You could start learning a language.

I think I am going to carry on learning Spanish. I finished my GCSE exam in it a few weeks ago, and I suprisingly miss it! It is really rewarding to learn a language, and I do not want to throw away 5 years of learning it!

Thank you!:smile:
Original post by Guls
Im only kidding but you are definitely right. thats the main thing. especially with all the changes. what subjects are you hoping to study?

I am hoping to study Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics. I am actually really excited to do Economics because I took Business Studies at GCSE and I have loved it!
Do you think these A levels are hard and what changes have been made?
Reply 16
I'm gonna spend a full week in bed after my exams cs I'm that fed up and tired of them now (A levels) going to start lessons of some sort (thinking piano) I do want to start driving lessons but I think I'll probably wait till after uni now...
Original post by DeluxeAS
Exactly what I did, and you can surprisingly learn an awful lot from this. Don't regret a single second of it 😂😊

Maybe if I do watch TV for 12 weeks I will be more motivated to do work in September!

Spoiler

Original post by NHM
I'm gonna spend a full week in bed after my exams cs I'm that fed up and tired of them now (A levels) going to start lessons of some sort (thinking piano) I do want to start driving lessons but I think I'll probably wait till after uni now...

Yes I think for the first couple of days I will sleep. Best of luck with your A levels!:biggrin:
Original post by Guls

Still in the middle of GCSE's though

Quick Reply

Latest